Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoying things on ANTM

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    I suppose none of the things so far annoy me about ANTM, the only thing that annoys me is when people critisize Tyra for doing nothing wrong at all, I don't know if thats fully to do with the show though

Originally Posted by Laundry
    I just don't like Miss J.
    I don't get why he/she/it's in the panel at all.
    It's trying too hard to be funny.
    Miss Jay actually has quite a lot of respect in the industry believe it or not, I tihnk he's one of the people they should definately keep on the panel if Tyra decides to change it about.
    Last edited by Ruairidh1992; 10-17-2007 at 02:06 PM.
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

Re: Annoying things on ANTM

--I am annoyed at how Tyra brings everything to herself. Everything is not about you, Tyra!!!!
    --Why is Ms. Jay there? He/she doesn't add anything to the judging panel, and frankly is annoying and not that funny.
    --I get annoyed by how they invent reasons to get rid of a girl over one who has no business being there--ie she is losing her personality, etc.
    --While the photoshoots so far have been an improvement, I wish they would actually class up the photoshoots so they can have something that could realistically be used in a portfolio--this season has done a bit better, though.
    --I get annoyed when they aren't realistic about modeling--specifically the weight issue. The plus size girls should only be in a show with all plus size models. It isn't fair to put them in a show they have no chance of winning. And I like that they want to promote healthy body image, but in the modeling world, many of the girls on the cycles will have to lose weight to find work. They should be at least realistic about that aspect of it and let the girls know that even though in the real world, they look fine, they might be asked to lose a few pounds.
    --And finally, how about choosing a winner that will actually be successful. Name one top model winner in the American cycles that have been successful. usually those that don't win do better.

But anyway, despite all the complaints and the fact I think the Australian version is the best version, i have to admit I am still addicted to the American version of the show.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 10-17-2007 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruairidh1992;2616589;
    Miss Jay actually has quite a lot of respect in the industry believe it or not, I tihnk he's one of the people they should definately keep on the panel if Tyra decides to change it about.
    Seriously? I never would have guessed! If that is so, then I wish they would focus less on him/her cutting up and more on something useful he/she has to say.

Back To Baisc: ANTM 10 miyagichan's Avatar

Hmmm..what annoys me on antm is when you see the photoshoot and there a couple of shoots that look really good, that goes for any girl. Then the photo they choose is great or in some sad case for other contestants photos that aren't so good. So for me its the choice of photos

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2616602;
    Seriously? I never would have guessed! If that is so, then I wish they would focus less on him/her cutting up and more on something useful he/she has to say.
    I think Miss Jay is fine the way he is but he needs to stop the gimics, by the end of this cycle that fro is going to be so huge there will be birds nesting in it
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

I think they've changed the wording now, but it used to really irritate me that the Tyra Mail before the elimination always said "X of you will carry on in hopes of...".
    It's 'in the hope of...'

It irritates me that Tyra always basically pulls the same face no matter what emotion she's trying to tell the model they didn't quite hit during panel.
    'You should have done this...' then she breathes in, pushes out her chest and slightly squints her eyes.
    Practically the same every time.

It also annoys me that I don't for one minute think she selects the models best photos every week.
    The best to help her illustrate a point maybe, but not their best.
    I'm sure Lluvy had a better photo than the one Tyra called the worst in Top Model history for example.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Tyra takes herself and her show way too seriously. I think that she believes what she does is ground breaking, eh no. I've also seen Jay stir the pot by saying some superfluous things to some models. Like, did he really need to say that Renee's death film was oozing with good shots to the other models?
    Also, this is the same woman that died quite a death when gasp! someone called her fat while in a bathing suit. Seriously, calm down.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Mollie Megg Kata Lauren charlieboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky177;2616224;
    Well, what I find annoying is the obvious voiceovers of Tyra they add in later, like when she finished calling the top 13 and she walks to the other girls and she says something like "this is not the end for you girls."... You could tell that was added in.
    Ugh, I hate that too!
    I notice it all the time!
    Last edited by charlieboy; 10-17-2007 at 03:44 PM.

I think that if it became "real" it would be cancelled, I don't think its as bad as people say it is, the only thing's that are problem is that new models or most top models don't live the lifestyle ANTM promotes, the show teaches girls skills that they'd never need and could emphazise more on skills they do need, Tyra trys to promote too many different types of beauty and the girls are bearly as ground-breaking as Tyra thinks they are I mean Sarah and Diana have been the only decent plus-sizes so far in my opinion. I think those are the major pet-peeves.
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

Announcing the prizes every single episode. Just in case you missed what they were in the previous 10 episodes.