Page 230 of 230 FirstFirst ... 130180220221222223224225226227228229230
Results 2,291 to 2,297 of 2297

Thread: Heather - Cycle 9

Re: Heather - Cycle 9

Quote Originally Posted by Afrocentric;3024642;
    Not to be mean, but she's 22, and she can't walk.
    Mollie Sue was 26 when she left the show and she was [Mr. Jay] WORKIN' it like the rent was due TOMORROW![Mr. Jay]
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

Mollie Sue being an exception really doesn't help out Heather's cause. I wish more people would research the actual industry. I don't say that to be mean, but the way ANTM portrays it is not accurate at all... It's nice to be a fan of these girls. I'm a Heather fan myself, but that doesn't stop me from seeing reality.

Besides Mollie Sue had a perfect body for modeling, and an edgy look that worked for the time. She can also walk her butt off.

Now, I want Heather to get signed, but the likelihood of that happening is slim, realistically. The likelihood of ANYONE getting signed is slim, but when they are almost a decade older than most starting models and inexperienced, then it really, really slims those chances.
    Last edited by Afrocentric; 05-27-2008 at 04:46 PM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ClrDeLun;3024649;
    I'm hoping, praying, that when she makes the rounds with all the top agencies, one of them will see something in her, take her under their wing, coach her, sign her and develop her strongly as a model. Because Heather is nothing if not a "bean in a cup experiement" personified. She can seriously be big. ANTM stigma be damned.
    I'm hoping and praying too !!!

FORT Fogey

She needs to lose weight, but there's no denying her Eugenia Volodina-esque face. With work, she would definitely blend in with today's crop.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Afrocentric;3025281;
    Mollie Sue being an exception really doesn't help out Heather's cause. I wish more people would research the actual industry. I don't say that to be mean, but the way ANTM portrays it is not accurate at all... It's nice to be a fan of these girls. I'm a Heather fan myself, but that doesn't stop me from seeing reality.

Besides Mollie Sue had a perfect body for modeling, and an edgy look that worked for the time. She can also walk her butt off.

Now, I want Heather to get signed, but the likelihood of that happening is slim, realistically. The likelihood of ANYONE getting signed is slim, but when they are almost a decade older than most starting models and inexperienced, then it really, really slims those chances.
    I agree with this completely. It's so good that someone see's the industry for what it really is and not for ANTM portrays it as. I had a recent discussion in another thread about a similar situation where people just listen to what ANTM says. Like when EVERYONE that is slightly awkward/ugly/quirky/wierd is automatically considered "HIGH FASHION."

I'm not saying that people should go out and buy Vogue and research the industry, just to enjoy ANTM and these forums, but it would certainly prevent alot of broken hearts if people were more realistic about what actually happens in the industry.

I don't think she will be signed. She needs to lose weight.
    I'll miss Alamela.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrocentric;3025281;
    The likelihood of ANYONE getting signed is slim, but when they are almost a decade older than most starting models and inexperienced, then it really, really slims those chances.
    Very good point. You have to have something special and fit the current hot look and grab the work while you can. IF you can get through the door to even an agency.

Heather might have a chance if she slims down a bit, works hard and finds a niche market. Might. I'd love it to happen. But again, there are lots and lots and lots of tall, very young girls out there who have interesting looks.

I loved her look and how she takes pictures.

Learning how to walk the runway might be more of a challenge to her than others. (autism and sensory issues, as well as body awareness, can play a role)