Page 13 of 230 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Heather - Cycle 9

FORT Regular

Re: Heather - Cycle 9

Quote Originally Posted by TNKY;2556094;
    I just watched her interview and I have to say that she needs a lot of media training. First off, she uses a lot of verbal pauses and simple words such as like and cool a lot that makes people think she's unsure of herself. Second off, her voice is really raspy to the point that it's annoying. It's like listening to Lisa or AJ or Jael on repeat. Third, I know this is partly to her ADHD, but the constant moving around, playing with the hair, and moving her arms is distracting. I ended up counting how many arm motions she did instead of paying attention to anything she said.

On the looks side, I'm not impressed. To me, she looks very plain and ordinary. She needs a new hair color and a tan pronto. I know her co-workers said she was model potential but I think they are giving her false hope. Have they ever opened a Vogue and looked at it?
    I guess beauty is really in the eyes of the beholder. I thought her looks is very high fashion. I would like to see her in Vogue more than any other girls. She is so photogenic that you really want to see her in person to validate if the camera is making a mistake or not. And I suspect she is more beatiful that what the camera is seeing. If you look at the forum who most likely to win, her name is consistently in the the top half of the draw. I really don't think that her co- workers gave her false hope. It is a REALISTIC goal. How many disabled people that you know who became famous not to mention celebrities who are always battling their addiction or mental illness on a day to day basis? Her co-workers saw something in her that is unique and worthy of being in ANTM beyond her ADHD condition. To validate it, to refresh your MEMORY, she has been picked out of thousands of contestants for this competition. For her to come out of her shell with the support of her co-workers and friends is a big hurdle on her part that she has overcome especially when she revealed to us a glimpse of who she is when she said " I feel like an outcast," something like that. She must have gone thru a lot of social isolation during her formative years because of her ADHD. I'm glad that she has a good support system to help her survive. I do agree that she needs to work on being a spoke person and if she persists, she will be more successful in her quest for a better life. She probably receives more attention than any other girls because of her disability. Good for her. She will be at least a TV personality soon. I can't wait.

FORT Fan

On the looks side, I'm not impressed. To me, she looks very plain and ordinary. She needs a new hair color and a tan pronto. I know her co-workers said she was model potential but I think they are giving her false hope. Have they ever opened a Vogue and looked at it?
    i dont know if her coworkers did, but i have. most of the girls in vogue these days actually do look very awkward, not the conventional type of beauty, that cindy crawford's generation presented, at all. the days of the tanned brazilians is gone. look at syle.com even, a lot of the model look really pale and even "plainer" than heather, so i think heather fits right in.

if you were talking about maxim or fhm, now that is a totally different scenario . . .

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    There isn't only one set standard of modeling these days, there is slight versatility on the runways and magazines of today and the Brazilian modeling rage is still alive and kicking With that said I think people on this forum think that just because a girl has pale skin, red hair, short hair, or a quirky look she is the most modelesque, that is not true.
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by nosis;2556412;
    I guess beauty is really in the eyes of the beholder. I thought her looks is very high fashion. I would like to see her in Vogue more than any other girls. She is so photogenic that you really want to see her in person to validate if the camera is making a mistake or not. And I suspect she is more beatiful that what the camera is seeing. If you look at the forum who most likely to win, her name is consistently in the the top half of the draw. I really don't think that her co- workers gave her false hope. It is a REALISTIC goal. How many disabled people that you know who became famous not to mention celebrities who are always battling their addiction or mental illness on a day to day basis? Her co-workers saw something in her that is unique and worthy of being in ANTM beyond her ADHD condition. To validate it, to refresh your MEMORY, she has been picked out of thousands of contestants for this competition. For her to come out of her shell with the support of her co-workers and friends is a big hurdle on her part that she has overcome especially when she revealed to us a glimpse of who she is when she said " I feel like an outcast," something like that. She must have gone thru a lot of social isolation during her formative years because of her ADHD. I'm glad that she has a good support system to help her survive. I do agree that she needs to work on being a spoke person and if she persists, she will be more successful in her quest for a better life. She probably receives more attention than any other girls because of her disability. Good for her. She will be at least a TV personality soon. I can't wait.
    Well I will say that ANTM is a TV show and they don't always pick the most beautiful 13 girls, there's always got to be a mix of looks, personalities, backstories etc. However, I will say it is an accomplishment and an experience many envy. One thing that stuck out in your message was that she would get a lot of attention for her disability. From all of my experiences, modeling really doesn't care about your disabilities. They are so consumed with the process, that girls get lost in the mix. Tyra may do some coaching on camera, but in the end she's on her own. Last year Brittney had her short term memory loss thing and the judges were very icy towards it, especially when she used it as an excuse for a poor video.

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    I think that Brittany was using it as a crutch and it seemed phony since she could remember her entire script in the acting challenge as Dionne pointed out.
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by TNKY;2556521;
    Well I will say that ANTM is a TV show and they don't always pick the most beautiful 13 girls, there's always got to be a mix of looks, personalities, backstories etc. However, I will say it is an accomplishment and an experience many envy. One thing that stuck out in your message was that she would get a lot of attention for her disability. From all of my experiences, modeling really doesn't care about your disabilities. They are so consumed with the process, that girls get lost in the mix. Tyra may do some coaching on camera, but in the end she's on her own. Last year Brittney had her short term memory loss thing and the judges were very icy towards it, especially when she used it as an excuse for a poor video.

Maybe publicity is a better word than attention. Whatever. For all you know she could be a spokeperson for ADHD without her knowing it giving more awareness and enlightening our ignorance toward this disease. I have a feeling her ADHD would be a hot topic for the viewers not only in the USA but all over the world whether Tyra likes it or not(my bet is Tyra would like it especially if the ratings are high) Hey, we have already started it and the show is not even on yet.

Watch Tyra spoil her look by chopping off her hair.

*tsk tsk tsk*

her close up, it looks like something missing,
    maybe her eyes are just too clean compared to the others

CCL

I just watched her interview and I have to say that she needs a lot of media training. First off, she uses a lot of verbal pauses and simple words such as like and cool a lot that makes people think she's unsure of herself. Second off, her voice is really raspy to the point that it's annoying. It's like listening to Lisa or AJ or Jael on repeat. Third, I know this is partly to her ADHD, but the constant moving around, playing with the hair, and moving her arms is distracting. I ended up counting how many arm motions she did instead of paying attention to anything she said.
    She apparently has Asperger's which probably contributed to her awkwardness in the interview. I haven't seen it yet so I don't know. She seems pretty from her photo.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;2557055;
    Watch Tyra spoil her look by chopping off her hair.

*tsk tsk tsk*
    Don't think she will.
    In that one preview she said she loved her long black hair.

Jenah and Heather have the exact same make-up and hair on that site group pic. Jenah rocks it, Heather does not.