Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Photoshoot 1 : Smoking Side-Effects

Re: Photoshoot 1 : Smoking Side-Effects

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMlovie;2595104;
    I don't think Heather is overrated...I think she is going to be the one to look out for. She seems awkward but that's just her disease...

I agree that her pose isn't the best but it's the first shoot they've had. Give her time to get into her own thing here and take the criticism and build from it. I think she could win this cycle.

Or Ebony...she's a fierce one as well...
    I definately agree. I think Heather is one of the best ones there. I'm rooting for Heather and Victoria. It funny because at the beginning I couldn't stand either of them because they looked so "different". My only fear for Heather is when/if she gets to the round where they do commercials because I don't think she'd do very well. I personally think that Heather would have been better by herself instead of being with Saleisha. It really annoyed me how she thought she was SO much better than her.

Is it just me or does Sarah look older than the rest of the girls in her smoking shot?

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;2595654;
    Is it just me or does Sarah look older than the rest of the girls in her smoking shot?
    I think its just her makeup imo...but i love your avatar or icon....that guy is that David Beckham?? anyway who ever he is hes sexy

I like all of the shots, but agree that Mila deserved to go home. This is a guess because I didn't get to see the first episode, I'm guessing the quote leading into this thread is her pic, because the quote fits the pic perfectly as far as the beauty shot. The tragedy one looks really bad. She didn't know what she was portraying and really looks lost. Even the first girl eliminated last season had a better understanding IMHO.

Favorites (no particular order), I'd have to say:

* Victoria's - though I agree with the comment about it'd been better if she had a hand on her belly to indicate she was pregnant instead of putting her leg up on the vanity. It's a little hard to tell, even with the cut of the dress.

* Sarah's - Good reaction shot in tragedy and very elegant beauty shot. I think she might be the first plus sized model since Robin in the first one to make it to the international location.

* Chantal's - While her tragedy one could've been better angled and the makeup done better on the tracheotomy, she does have the look of someone who's had that done. Her elegant pic doesn't look hoochie to me, but looks kinda like the pinup pics of the '40s.

* Lisa's - They could've designed the face tumor makeup a little better, but both shots look great. You see the "I don't care about the consequences" look in the beauty shot and the pain of the tumor in her eyes in the other. Her's and Victoria's I'd say were the strongest in showing the old Camel/cigarette ads of the past (That smoking makes you beautiful/popular/cool/etc.) and showing the Truth ad reactions in the tragedy ones.

Now, weakest ones, I'd say Mila's, Ebony's and Jenah's. Mila I mentioned earlier. Ebony and Jenah's tragedy ones look bad IMHO.

One funny thing I noticed too about Ebony's pic is that she's using the opposite hand (one further away from the mirror) to put the oxygen mask over her face. Everyone else is using the hand they have the cigarette in to direct the action for the tragedy. The pic doesn't look like a mirror that way.

Jenah's is just as bad as, not only does it not have her hands showing, the body angle is drastic from her beauty shot. It makes her tragedy shot look like it's a photo instead of a mirror image. Everyone's had slight differences, but these two were a bit drastic.

But, this is definitely one of the better first photoshoots in a long time, and hope the next ones are just as good.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 10-02-2007 at 11:47 PM.

Ranking

1. Heather- gosh, her picture was so beautiful, I'm just blown away

2. Victoria- I don't know but I really like her picture, hahaha

3. Chantal- so perfect,

4. Jenah- hahaha,look at her face when Tyra announced the smoking ban

5. Janet- reminds me of Mollie Sue

6. Lisa- dont like the teeth

7. Ebony- stiff but I like the girl..

8. Ambreal- love the neck

9. Sarah- just bored me

10. Bianca- spawn of the devil

11. Saleisha- duh

12. Kimberly- so forgettable,

13. Mila- the bozo

Quote Originally Posted by Jptopmodel8;2596403;
    I think its just her makeup imo...but i love your avatar or icon....that guy is that David Beckham?? anyway who ever he is hes sexy

yep, its him. Thanks,I love it too
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

She just looks expensive gigi_iv's Avatar

personally, i'm disappointed with them all doing a similiar pose. i mean seriously, how hard is it to think to have one knee lifted higher than other that is extanded out or to cross your legs. seriously. i know it's really early, but a model needs an imagation, not imation.

call me cranky, but here's to hoping tonights is better.

Bianca's side effect photo scared the hell out of me.
    My mom smokes so seeing the side-effects are really scary.
    "I look over and I see a dude, and I look a little closer and it's Natasha. And I look to my left and I see this woman and it's actually a dude. That was just...confusing." -Renee[C8]

trust can take years to build up but just seconds to shatter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789