Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Ebony - Cycle 9

Re: Ebony - Cycle 9

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonyfanatic;3006000;
    I know, when I saw her smiling and everything I thought she was so gorgeous. She looks like a different person from the show. If she showed more of her personality I bet she would've made it far. Too bad she quit though. I just hope she try taking a modeling career or some management ask her to model. She can be a great at it.

Btw I love her shoulders they are fierce.
    oh i know!
    her shoulders are incredible.
    definitely one of the best bodies to ever grace the show.

Here's one picture from the Fiercee Awards. (Thanks for cpatte for the pic.)

She looks great.

My friend was going to wear a dress like that to prom!
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

FORT Newbie

By the way, I read a while back on the cw lounge that Ebony signed with Elite. That tidbit just popped up on one of the threads and was discussed a little bit, and at the time, seemed like it could have been credible. Since I read that, I've been looking for some pictures of her (test shots at the very least), or some evidence of some modeling work that she may have done, but so far, nothing has surfaced. I'm still wondering if Ebony is or is not working or attempting to work in the modeling field and if she did or did not sign a contract with Elite and if she did sign with Elite, why are they keeping it a secret?

Quote Originally Posted by citycat;3007734;
    By the way, I read a while back on the cw lounge that Ebony signed with Elite. That tidbit just popped up on one of the threads and was discussed a little bit, and at the time, seemed like it could have been credible. Since I read that, I've been looking for some pictures of her (test shots at the very least), or some evidence of some modeling work that she may have done, but so far, nothing has surfaced. I'm still wondering if Ebony is or is not working or attempting to work in the modeling field and if she did or did not sign a contract with Elite and if she did sign with Elite, why are they keeping it a secret?
    Mind you, this is partially conspiracy theory, so please take with a grain of salt.

The only thing I can think of, is if it's credible, is they're keeping it hush-hush because Elite is part of ANTM. In some cases, that can hinder them, but there might also be aspiring models who don't make the show but Elite picks them up anyway. If Tyra gets upset with Elite for signing a "quitter," they could end up losing their contract for teh show over for another modeling agency. Before "ANTM" picked them up, I had no idea what Elite was, and potential models also might not know what Elite is so that is at least one place they can search as far as modeling that has a decent reputation.

That said, I think Ebony has great potential as a model, and thought that several of her photos were fantastic. I really liked the bird of paradise one in particular because her face even matched the attitude I feel that plant has. It was one of a few in that shoot I really thought worked well. If she stays just studying to be a nurse to I totally have respect for that too - they're in high demand right now, so the pay's pretty good as well. Plus, it's something she said she enjoys.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3007890;
    The only thing I can think of, is if it's credible, is they're keeping it hush-hush because Elite is part of ANTM. In some cases, that can hinder them, but there might also be aspiring models who don't make the show but Elite picks them up anyway. If Tyra gets upset with Elite for signing a "quitter," they could end up losing their contract for teh show over for another modeling agency. Before "ANTM" picked them up, I had no idea what Elite was, and potential models also might not know what Elite is so that is at least one place they can search as far as modeling that has a decent reputation.
    I don't think so. Nothing would happen to Elite if they lose ANTM. And they've gone through like four agencies (Whilemina, IMG, Ford, and Elite). And I don't think Tyra has any control over what Elite can and cannot do. If she did Saleshia's contract would not have been shortened to one year and winners like Caridee and Jaslene still wouldn't be in the New Faces/Development section.
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

Quote Originally Posted by labrowneyes;3007905;
    I don't think so. Nothing would happen to Elite if they lose ANTM. And they've gone through like four agencies (Whilemina, IMG, Ford, and Elite). And I don't think Tyra has any control over what Elite can and cannot do. If she did Salesha's contract would not have been shortened to one year and winners like Caridee and Jaslene still wouldn't be in the New Faces/Development section.
    It's rumored Saleisha's contract was shortened to one year but it was never confirmed yet. Felicia said she was signed with Elite Chicago months ago and just was put on their board two weeks ago. Elite could have signed Ebony but she hasn't been on put on their board yet. Since Elite has been the modeling agency awarding the contract (starting with C7), the only girls that weren't the winner that Elite has signed was Samantha and Felicia (Sarah (C8) doesn't count because she was with them pre-show).
    “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein

Couture Connoisseur

To think that ANTM has any power over Elite is rediculous.

I think they ended up with Elite via process of elimination. After turning out disappointment after disappointment, I think that Elite is one of the only agencies left that could stand to profit off any of the winners. And to say that Elite is a nobody-agency is a joke - Elite is huge, but small at the same time. Their business model doesn't require them to be as large and as ostentatious as agencies like Whilhemina or IMG.

Mollie Sue is with Elite and look at her.

and I would also like to stress that a major agency is not an absolutely requisite for a successful career. Elyse Sewell (c1) is signed with some pretty B list agencies and look at how much money that girl is making.

FORT Fogey

Elite NY really isn't that big, honestly. It's getting bigger, though. The modeling world is dominated by IMG, Women, Supreme, DNA, and the like. Wilhelmina is totally low-tier now.

It's hard to say that for Elyse, as she's making most of her money in Asia, meaning that most of these agencies really don't come into play. Most of the agencies she's with are very good in Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;3008912;
    Elite NY really isn't that big, honestly. It's getting bigger, though. The modeling world is dominated by IMG, Women, Supreme, DNA, and the like. Wilhelmina is totally low-tier now.

It's hard to say that for Elyse, as she's making most of her money in Asia, meaning that most of these agencies really don't come into play. Most of the agencies she's with are very good in Asia.
    No, Elite is one of the biggest (30 years in the industry) but none of the Top Model girls are ever listed in the actual Women's Division.
    Last edited by ko0la1d; 05-20-2008 at 12:18 AM.
    "Jade just needs to get laid. " - Nigel Barker