Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Ebony - Cycle 9

Re: Ebony - Cycle 9

I think she could've taken down Saleisha, had she really put forth the effort and if her heart was in place. And then we would've been looking at a Ebony, Jenah, Chantel final three, which would be deserving of the talent in C9.
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

-Alex Perry, AusNTM

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ClrDeLun;2943800;
    I think she could've taken down Saleisha, had she really put forth the effort and if her heart was in place. And then we would've been looking at a Ebony, Jenah, Chantel final three, which would be deserving of the talent in C9.
    Anyone could take down Saleisha even Mila! Honestly if Jenah and Heather had not been in Cycle 9, I think Ebony's Fashion Gargoyle photo would be the picture of the Cycle, Jenah and Heather's photos just pips Ebony's to the post though.

That would've been the best final 3 ever!

FORT Regular

IMO, the only person who have won C9, other than Saleisha, was Ebony. Disregarding the overwhelming potential of the other girls, I think that Ebony had the entire package and could have been a Cinderella story, which is obviously what Tyra and co. are looking for. When she quit, I think it threw off the whole balance of C9 and it ruined the producers' plans, thereby angering Tyra. Similarly, I feel that Tiffany was the predestined winner of C4; perhaps Ebony was supposed to be Tiffany 2.0, minus the anger issues and such. Ebony did nothing wrong by quitting; she tried modelling, didn't like it, and didn't want to take the spot of a girl that wanted it much more than she did. I'm sure she could be quite successful at modelling, but I wish her well in her nursing endeavours.
    My Winners: Elyse, Shandi, Yaya, Kahlen, Nicole, Danielle, CariDee, Natasha, Jenah, Anya

Dax

Saleisha was not really favored by the judges in Cycle 9 at the beginning. For me Tyra had her eyes in Ebony and Heather for the winners. Her plans chattered and she switched to Saleisha.

Quote Originally Posted by _Reality Junkie;2947393;
    Ebony did nothing wrong by quitting; she tried modelling, didn't like it, and didn't want to take the spot of a girl that wanted it much more than she did.
    If she didn't want to take someone's spot, she should have quit before making finals. The reason she quit is because she couldn't handle the criticism and needed to be babied. I don't get why she gets a free pass on this.

And despite her potential, Tyra would have still chosen Saleisha had Ebony stayed. From the very first few episodes, Tyra told Saleisha she was expecting the most out of her. I don't think they ever intended to give it to Heather either. Heather was just used because she was such an interesting character.

I also don't think she found ANTM mediocre. She admitted she had studied the show (hence her acting like a bitch in the first episode only to attract attention), she was just pissed she wasn't receiving the praise she expected.

Still, she had tons of potential and is very beautiful.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BustaK;2947625;
    If she didn't want to take someone's spot, she should have quit before making finals. The reason she quit is because she couldn't handle the criticism and needed to be babied. I don't get why she gets a free pass on this.
    I'm guessing you must have some inside information or talked to her personally, because I really don't remember her saying that in any interviews, nor do I recall her saying that on the show.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2947864;
    I'm guessing you must have some inside information or talked to her personally, because I really don't remember her saying that in any interviews, nor do I recall her saying that on the show.
    You're absolutely correct. Although many posters on this and other sites have suggested that Ebony couldn't take the criticism or didn't like the way she was being treated and therefore quit, Ebony never actually said that. In the beginning, she said modeling wasn't for her, but once she started to get interviewed by people outside of Tyra's control, she said she realized that reality TV wasn't for her. In other words, what she couldn't take any more of was the cameras focusing in on her twenty-four seven. Of course, in my opinion, considering how Tyra and her cohorts were treating Ebony, if I'd been Ebony, I would have quit long before she did. For those who have hypothesized that Ebony most likely was slated to be the winner of Cycle 9, you may be right. Tyra was interviewed on the Steve Harvey Show a while back and she admitted that Ebony probably would have won if she hadn't quit.

I too see Ebony as a young woman with tremendous model potential. I can understand if modeling really just isn't her cup of tea and she stays away from it, but on the other hand, I sure wish she'd give it one more try. She's a shining star, and with a little effort on her part and the assistance of a good agency, her future could be quite bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax;2947582;
    Saleisha was not really favored by the judges in Cycle 9 at the beginning. For me Tyra had her eyes in Ebony and Heather for the winners. Her plans chattered and she switched to Saleisha.
    Dax, how did you know that?
    Homeless: Kimberly Lingerie: Katarzyna
    Meat: Claire Paint: Dominique
    Music: Anya Fuerzabruta: Fatima Jetsetter: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Rennaisance: Dominique Paparazzi: Anya Covergirl: Whitney

I thought the judges really liked Ebony. I wish she stayed and went further along in the elimination.
    Fatima: I feel like that’s the most important thing that anyone can take away from you – your choice.

I miss her. I really like her body, her face, her sense of fashion style, her walk and her personality. Her mannerisms is cute too.
    Homeless: Kimberly Lingerie: Katarzyna
    Meat: Claire Paint: Dominique
    Music: Anya Fuerzabruta: Fatima Jetsetter: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Rennaisance: Dominique Paparazzi: Anya Covergirl: Whitney