Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 442

Thread: Ebony - Cycle 9

  1. #341
    FORT Fogey BustaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,513

    Re: Ebony - Cycle 9

    The point is that Ebony quit because it was too hard.

    Had Tyra told her "Oh, it's ok. I understand." That would be worse becuase it would be an indirect way of telling Ebony it's ok to quit whenever things get hard. That type of attitude would get Ebony nowhere outside of the ghetto.

    Telling her "Quitters disappoint me" is another way of telling her that whatever she does in life, things aren't always going to go her way so at one point she's going to have to tough it up or continue being mediocre.

    It seemed Tyra wanted her to go to the finals and maybe her quitting over something so expected like criticism just upset Tyra because of the potential going down the drain.

    I like Ebony, there is something very sweet about her but the girl needs to toughen up if she wants to make anything of herself. Tyra was right in what she did though.

  2. #342
    FORT Fanatic antmANNfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    752

    Re: Ebony - Cycle 9

    This is a bit different since it's on a reality TV show and she is constantly getting told she's not good enough, this part of you is ugly, other people are prettier, etc. Yeah, it got too hard for her but to compare leaving a reality TV show that was crushing her confidence to quitting everything that she might struggle with is going too far in my opinion. Her leaving herself when she felt her emotional stability took all that it could or her sticking around and getting worse in the competition because her confidence is so low and she's so insecure? Maybe to the point of her actually breaking down, only to end up getting eliminated anyway. This wasn't a real world situation and she made the best move for herself and her well being.

  3. #343
    FORT Fanatic ABacardi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    424

    Re: Ebony - Cycle 9

    ugh! i knew it! they should have eliminated her the week were Bianca and Kim were bottom two... thats when she started on that downward spiral in the confidence department! and ha ha for putting it in her face that she BEGGED tyra to be on the show at the end of the episode and that she wasnt going to regret it... opps!

    ANTM is LOVE

  4. #344
    FORT Regular ArtSciBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    135

    Re: Ebony - Cycle 9

    Quote Originally Posted by BustaK;2631006;
    The point is that Ebony quit because it was too hard.

    Had Tyra told her "Oh, it's ok. I understand." That would be worse becuase it would be an indirect way of telling Ebony it's ok to quit whenever things get hard. That type of attitude would get Ebony nowhere outside of the ghetto.

    Telling her "Quitters disappoint me" is another way of telling her that whatever she does in life, things aren't always going to go her way so at one point she's going to have to tough it up or continue being mediocre.

    It seemed Tyra wanted her to go to the finals and maybe her quitting over something so expected like criticism just upset Tyra because of the potential going down the drain.

    I like Ebony, there is something very sweet about her but the girl needs to toughen up if she wants to make anything of herself. Tyra was right in what she did though.
    The problem is, ANTM has nothing to do about potential or real modelling. It's about the drama. If it was about potential, then Saleisha would have been cut eons ago. Tyra's just pissed with Ebony b/c she dared to question her greatness by not wanting the opportunity as much as the other girls and for not bowing down and getting all dewey-eyed in front of Tyra. The way Tyra played Ebony's audition tape, with the grainy footage and sappy music, shows just how petty Tyra really is, and Ebony had every right to walk out.

    If you read Ebony's Reality News Online interview, you know that she's willing to give modelling a go...in the REAL world, and NOT in Tyra's LA LA land. Ebony knows she has potential, and isn't going to end up like Caridee.

  5. #345
    FORT Fogey BustaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,513

    Re: Ebony - Cycle 9

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtSciBoy;2631236;
    If you read Ebony's Reality News Online interview, you know that she's willing to give modelling a go...in the REAL world, and NOT in Tyra's LA LA land. Ebony knows she has potential, and isn't going to end up like Caridee.
    Then Ebony is stupid. So, she still wants to model but she just didn't like ANTM?

    Umm, ANTM is known for critisizing harshly, editing the girls in the wrong way, and many tricks to play up drama, and that's just what she got. How could the girls not know what they are getting themselves into? Quitting ANTM for being critisized is like someone quitting "Survivor" because of a lack of luxuries. Sure, I guess it's fair but what did she expect? That Tyra was going to praise everyone, they would all hold hands and sing kumbaya? She obviously knew alot about ANMT as in her interview she says she played the "bitch" during casting so she would get on the show.

    I don't think ANTM starts careers for any of its models. The more successful ones have distanced themselves alot from ANTM. ANTM is a joke and Ebony was too weak to even handle that.

  6. #346
    FORT Fanatic antmANNfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    752

    Re: Ebony - Cycle 9

    She'll do fine if she develops her potential away from the show. They aren't really there to support you and don't try very hard to help you do well.

  7. #347
    FORT Fogey TunaFests's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,858

    Re: Ebony - Cycle 9

    Yeah seriously, people are acting like Tyra and the gang actually give a crap about these girls. They only do for the cameras.

  8. #348
    CCL
    CCL is online now
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    8,498

    Re: Ebony - Cycle 9

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtSciBoy;2631236;
    If you read Ebony's Reality News Online interview, you know that she's willing to give modelling a go...in the REAL world, and NOT in Tyra's LA LA land. Ebony knows she has potential, and isn't going to end up like Caridee.
    She'll be willing to give it a go...until she gets rejected five times in a row and then she will quit again. Yes, being criticized is not easy, but modelling is a job where the criticisms and rejection are rife. Does she really think that the real modelling world is going to be so much easier on her? Noone employing her is going to stroke her hair, hold her hand, and tell her she's pretty - that's a job for her mother. Ebony needs to grow a thicker skin.


    Quote Originally Posted by BustaK
    Quitting ANTM for being critisized is like someone quitting "Survivor" because of a lack of luxuries.
    Perfect.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

  9. #349
    FORT Fan greenie227's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    272

    Re: Ebony - Cycle 9

    SO WHAT? So she tries 5 times and then quits, so what? That happens every day, in every walk of life. Either Ebony will find what makes her happy, or she'll run away from even what makes her happy because she isn't strong enough for it... so what? That's her life, and she's living it the best she can.

    Sometimes quitting is running away when it gets hard. Sometimes quitting is admitting you made a mistake, and instead of sticking around for a bad situation, you cut your losses. How is that a wrong thing to do? Can any of you tell me you've never quit something? Can any of you say that all those times you quit made you an unattractive person -- that there's no such thing as quitting while you're ahead?

    It doesn't mean Tyra's pettiness is well-deserved. Putting the video of Ebony begging to be on the show was petty. No matter what we think we know about the show, none of us have lived through it, so none of us really know how crap it is from the inside.

    Sheesh. Instead of being happy that your favorites are still on for another episode, everyone's jumping on Ebony.

  10. #350
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    uh
    Posts
    5,017

    Re: Ebony - Cycle 9

    Quote Originally Posted by greenie227;2631593;
    No matter what we think we know about the show, none of us have lived through it, so none of us really know how crap it is from the inside.
    You hit the nail on the head!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.