Page 110 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1060100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1156

Thread: Lisa - Cycle 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Lisa - Cycle 9

Quote Originally Posted by calvinrm;2825200;
    I'm speaking about performance on the show though. I think you can agree her pictures, while quite strong, were not as good as Jenah's or Heather's.

Congratulations to her for that though, she definitely deserves it.
    Nope! In fact, I made a big deal about how Heather was overrated by the judges when the show was airing. Lisa had range and beauty. And that came across in her portfolio more than any of the other models. Anyway, the show is over and Lisa is way more successful than Heather (who isn't even modeling) and Jenah (who can do better than the agency she is signed with). Bianca, Lisa, and Chantal are the rising stars from this season.

Quote Originally Posted by emynndajl;2825283;
    Forget it, you just dont understand the fact that it was an OBSERVATION I made.

Well, while I do agree that Jenah was better overall than Lisa, I strongly believe Lisa was better than Heather in both portfolio, as wel as runway walk, and overall package.

Since alot of people may agree/disagree I will break down their performance week by week.
    1:Negative effects of Smoking: Lisa
    2:Rock Climbing Editorial: Heather
    3:Flowers: Heather
    4:Fashion Gargoyles: Lisa
    5:Recyclable Materials: Heather
    Skip to week 6 since there was no photoshoot, and they both won featured spots on the music video...
    7:Burning Cars In The Desert: Lisa
    8:Covergirl Queens: Lisa
    So those are the only 7 photoshoots they both had before elimination, and base on that IMO, Lisa was better in terms of photographing.

On top of that, Lisa's walk, while nothing special, was way better than Heather's, and she was more independant, in that she most likely would be able to hold her own in the industry better than Heather. Heather got lost on the go-sees and lost control of everything at the burning car photoshoot after getting 1 BAD CRITIQUE.
    I would give Heather the Covergirl Queens and the Burning Car. Despite her falling apart, her photo was sooo gorgeous.

Could Lisa be more successful, maybe, but I do think that Heather was a stronger photographer. When she edged Lisa out vs when Lisa edged her out, I'd say the margina are much greater in the former.
    Let's not forget ourselves good friend
    I am flawed if I'm not free

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by calvinrm;2825307;
    I would give Heather the Covergirl Queens and the Burning Car. Despite her falling apart, her photo was sooo gorgeous.

Could Lisa be more successful, maybe, but I do think that Heather was a stronger photographer. When she edged Lisa out vs when Lisa edged her out, I'd say the margina are much greater in the former.
    I just don't see where you are coming from. Heather never had the best picture of the week and her queen photo was so retouched that she didn't even look like herself anymore. They cut her nose in half. It was like Ashlee Simpson all over again. Lisa had the best picture 3 times (smoking, gargoyle, cover girl queen) and she did the best in the music video. It could just be that big noses and horrible walks are my pet peeves.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;2826883;
    I just don't see where you are coming from. Heather never had the best picture of the week and her queen photo was so retouched that she didn't even look like herself anymore. They cut her nose in half. It was like Ashlee Simpson all over again. Lisa had the best picture 3 times (smoking, gargoyle, cover girl queen) and she did the best in the music video. It could just be that big noses and horrible walks are my pet peeves.
    not just 3... i think she rocked all of her shots...
    she's a super-gorgeous girl!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;2826883;
    I don't think anyone really did well in the music video. It wasn't modeling, it was being a video ho.

And I think things came more naturally to Heather than Lisa, because she may not have been as good of a model as Lisa, but if you look at the judges and popular opinion, her pictures were almost always better recieved. Granted we are all entitled to our opinions, so we'll agree to disagree.

And I don't think Chantal, Bianca and Lisa are the rising stars. Sure, they've seen more immediate success, but I think in the long run the better models will prevail.
    Let's not forget ourselves good friend
    I am flawed if I'm not free

Quote Originally Posted by baka07414;2820575;
    Tell you guys the truth
    most of the Chinese fans LOVED Sarah C8(which I dislike a lot)
    She was one of the fan favorites there
    And I have also seen some fans defending Renee's b!tchiness just because she's a blonde beauty
    But Chinese fans liked Lisa
    Hm... i don't know what are you guys debating about in the earlier posts, but here another Chinese fan who loves Lisa!! Lisa's my favourite on cycle 9!!
    I don't know what happened after she's eliminated because i can't be bothered to watch it anymore then!

Heather's nothing compared to Lisa, trust me. She has THE most HORRIBLE walk I've ever seen since Shandi C2, her posture is hideous, she doesn't know how to present herself in front of people(which I mean her presence is blah), and I disagree that heather's portfolios were stronger. Heather has no expression in every single one of her photo, and her poses are just stuck to basics.

But most crucially of all, post-show works speak for everything.
    Last edited by superDIVA; 03-07-2008 at 03:39 AM.
    "You are not even worth it, sweetheart." -Fatima

i would give lisa the flower shoot over heathers weeds.

Quote Originally Posted by emynndajl;2819873;
    Well, don't be offended, because that's completely not what I'm trying to do, but I noticed that your location is Singapore. I know in alot of asian countries, the ideal beauty is typically the blonde hair, blue eyes 'barbie-doll' look, which Lisa is the complete opposite of. It was even apparent when the models went to China. One of they guys who was judging them(I think during the flying challenge) said something along the lines of, "Chantal is beautiful, she's got blonde hair," and I don't remember the rest. The point is, no matter how hard you try you most likely just plain don't like her look, which is fine- once again, I'm not calling you racist or anything. That was just an observation that I made.

Maybe I'm looking too much into this, and you just dont like her anyway, but I noticed that when me and my friend(who is chinese-born) talk about the show, her favorites have been Chantal(who is ion your avatar,) Joanie, Caridee, and she inexplicably loved Natasha before her makeover(when her pics sucked,) but then when she got dyed brown, my friend then rotated to Renee. Of course those girls were all still good models...
    yes its quite true. most of asian fans hated anyone non-white during c8. its like every black, hispanic, non-white model was hated on in favor of renee.

i notice thiis quite a bit how asian fans belittle non-white models & put the blonde models on pedestals. having been to singapore, taiwan, and the philippines, i know that skin whitening is a huge trend. being dark is considered ugly. it doesnt matter how pretty your face is, if you are dark... its not flattering. maybe thats why a lot of asian fans have this preference for only white models.

im asian myself but i dont have this perception because i grew up in the los angeles. we have a lot of diversity here.
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

I think Lisa is by far a better model than Heather. Heather is very artisitic but that doesn't make her a model. She sees and reacts to things very differently. Her go see was so horrible, it didn't even seem she cared about the fact that she was lost and had only seen one designer. If Heather hadn't had Aspergers and had been a normal girl, she would have gotten the boot instead of Lisa.

I agree with those that say that Lisa, Bianca and Chantal are doing the best out of all the girls in their season.

Hopefully, Jenah joins them soon. She needs to sign to an agency though (she still hasn't).