Page 109 of 116 FirstFirst ... 95999100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1156

Thread: Lisa - Cycle 9

Re: Lisa - Cycle 9

i like lisa, but i honestly didn't think she would have won antm cycle 9. Maybe top 3 and eliminated third. she just doesn't do it for me. she takes great pictures and has a nice slim body and long legs as a model, but the personality thing seems cold and not really connecting. I love lisa, don't get me wrong, but i don't see her winning (not because she was a stripper) just because she lacks this personality and high fashion freshness i like. Jenah or Heather should have been top 2 and either would have been "killer" winners!

Quote Originally Posted by emynndajl;2819873;
    Well, don't be offended, because that's completely not what I'm trying to do, but I noticed that your location is Singapore. I know in alot of asian countries, the ideal beauty is typically the blonde hair, blue eyes 'barbie-doll' look, which Lisa is the complete opposite of. It was even apparent when the models went to China. One of they guys who was judging them(I think during the flying challenge) said something along the lines of, "Chantal is beautiful, she's got blonde hair," and I don't remember the rest. The point is, no matter how hard you try you most likely just plain don't like her look, which is fine- once again, I'm not calling you racist or anything. That was just an observation that I made.

Maybe I'm looking too much into this, and you just dont like her anyway, but I noticed that when me and my friend(who is chinese-born) talk about the show, her favorites have been Chantal(who is ion your avatar,) Joanie, Caridee, and she inexplicably loved Natasha before her makeover(when her pics sucked,) but then when she got dyed brown, my friend then rotated to Renee. Of course those girls were all still good models...
    I'm sorry... you are being very abrasive. Just because he don't like Lisa's post show work doesn't mean he think Lisa is ugly or anything like that. It's him idea of beauty, not yours. So, you just have to respect, you don't have nothing with it. You are making a big deal...

And you have Kahlen and Joanie in your avatar, you are contradicting yourself...

I honestly think Chantal should have won. I never saw anybody like her in ANTM, she is great in every aspect. Pictures, walk, commercials, bone structure, height, body, looks, presence, posture, personality, confidence, passion, maturity, know how to present herself.

I like Lisa's post-show work. But in the show she does not look like a model, she looks too cheap and sometimes too "hoochie" like in the Recycling shot or Rock climbing. and she is too tall for modeling.

Jenah don't have what it takes to become "America's Next Top Model", covergirl and everything, because she don't have what tyra is looking for, a spokesmodel. and I'm not sure if she really want to be a model.

Heather would have been a disaster winner, not knowing how to comunicate, not doing runway...

That's why I understand Saleisha winning, she is a great spokesmodel, ok. Chantal is a great spokesmodel too and have a million times better portfolio.
    Last edited by guii; 03-02-2008 at 09:37 AM.
    I'll miss Alamela.

^What are you talking about? How am i being abrasive??? First of all, I even said in my post that i may be looking too much into this, and i was both sensitive and respectful, so you honestly are the one who is coming off as abrasive. Not once did i tell him he was wrong or anything, i was just responding to what he wrote with a sensible, educated, and civilize point of view.

And how does having Kahlen and Joanie in my avatar contadict what i said? Because i acknowledged that there is a certain standard of beauty in other countries, i have to hate blonde girls and never admit to liking anyone who was ever blonde? I think not.

And another thing, it's not just asia that has that type of thing. i know in fatimas thread, alot of people were complimenting her, yet some members who were from africa said that she would be a plain jane in their country, so you should stop trying to make me feel like some sort of criminal, for responding to what someone else said.

But anyway, both Jenah and Lisa would have been more qualified winners than Chantal.

Dye your hair blonde and walk down the street in Africa, Asia, or South America and see how many heads you turn. Then dye your hair black and walk down the street in Africa, Asia, and South America. You won't get the same response both times. Some people like people that are different looking. There are not very many blondes in Asia, South Am, and Africa. So to a person from there a blonde would be very special looking. The opposite is true too. There are very few non-white people where I'm from and I remember a lot of the girls had a crush on the two black guys in my school.
    Top Model LARPing! OMG!
    KatarXena Warrior Princess.

A Little Bit Dramatic PinkPositivee's Avatar

Lisa's great. I forgot how much I liked her, but I just saw the "I think because he was so sexy I got into it. *laugh* Alot." It reminded me how great she was on show, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by emynndajl;2821152;
    ^What are you talking about? How am i being abrasive???
    You weren't being abrasive at all.

And I agree with the Lisa 3rd, Jenah and Heather in the top 2. But I don't think it's because she didn't have personality, I think its because she wasn't as good.
    Last edited by femme fatale; 03-06-2008 at 02:04 AM.
    Let's not forget ourselves good friend
    I am flawed if I'm not free

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by calvinrm;2825186;
    You weren't being abrasive at all.

And I agree with the Lisa 3rd, Jenah and Heather in the top 2. But I don't think it's because she didn't have personality, I think its because she wasn't as good.
    Well, she is the only one of those three who is signed to a major agency. So I guess the fashion world is receiving her better than you did!
    Last edited by femme fatale; 03-06-2008 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;2825195;
    Well, she is the only one of those three who is signed to a major agency. So I guess the fashion world is receiving her better than you did!
    I'm speaking about performance on the show though. I think you can agree her pictures, while quite strong, were not as good as Jenah's or Heather's.

Congratulations to her for that though, she definitely deserves it.
    Let's not forget ourselves good friend
    I am flawed if I'm not free

Quote Originally Posted by emynndajl;2821152;
    ^What are you talking about? How am i being abrasive??? First of all, I even said in my post that i may be looking too much into this, and i was both sensitive and respectful, so you honestly are the one who is coming off as abrasive. Not once did i tell him he was wrong or anything, i was just responding to what he wrote with a sensible, educated, and civilize point of view.

And how does having Kahlen and Joanie in my avatar contadict what i said? Because i acknowledged that there is a certain standard of beauty in other countries, i have to hate blonde girls and never admit to liking anyone who was ever blonde? I think not.

And another thing, it's not just asia that has that type of thing. i know in fatimas thread, alot of people were complimenting her, yet some members who were from africa said that she would be a plain jane in their country, so you should stop trying to make me feel like some sort of criminal, for responding to what someone else said.

But anyway, both Jenah and Lisa would have been more qualified winners than Chantal.
    what I'm saying it's like... the guy just said he don't like Lisa's post show work and you are making a big deal about it... saying things about his country...
    I'll miss Alamela.

Quote Originally Posted by guii;2825246;
    what I'm saying it's like... the guy just said he don't like Lisa's post show work and you are making a big deal about it... saying things about his country...
    Forget it, you just dont understand the fact that it was an OBSERVATION I made.

I'm speaking about performance on the show though. I think you can agree her pictures, while quite strong, were not as good as Jenah's or Heather's.
    Well, while I do agree that Jenah was better overall than Lisa, I strongly believe Lisa was better than Heather in both portfolio, as wel as runway walk, and overall package.

Since alot of people may agree/disagree I will break down their performance week by week.
    1:Negative effects of Smoking: Lisa
    2:Rock Climbing Editorial: Heather
    3:Flowers: Heather
    4:Fashion Gargoyles: Lisa
    5:Recyclable Materials: Heather
    Skip to week 6 since there was no photoshoot, and they both won featured spots on the music video...
    7:Burning Cars In The Desert: Lisa
    8:Covergirl Queens: Lisa
    So those are the only 7 photoshoots they both had before elimination, and base on that IMO, Lisa was better in terms of photographing.

On top of that, Lisa's walk, while nothing special, was way better than Heather's, and she was more independant, in that she most likely would be able to hold her own in the industry better than Heather. Heather got lost on the go-sees and lost control of everything at the burning car photoshoot after getting 1 BAD CRITIQUE.