Thread: Saleisha - Cycle 9

Re: Saleisha - Cycle 9

I would laugh if Tyra pays the agency to sign Saleisha. I have nothing against her but I would be disappointed if she won. Heck I would much prefer if Bianca was the winner over her. Bianca can be very cute when she's not a b!tch.

Saleisha will never be able to hold her own. She would need Tyra to get her anywhere in this industry. Maybe next cycle Tyra will have another one of her T-zone graduates on the show too but it just wont be as exposed like Saleisha.

If she was really bad Tyra wouldn't have hired her to be in that runway show in Tyra Show. Honestly you all act as if like Saleisha is the worst model in the world, as if like you can get a maid from a village and let her have big droopy eyes and lips the size of giants and will say that she is more high fashion and more modelesque than Saleisha. [mod edit] I don't know why, seeing that no one hated Felicia or Nik like this, even though they are somehow similar in some ways and even Miss Jay said that Saleisha reminded him of Nik. And funny how people say they would see a lot of girls who look like Saleisha in the street? Really? Cause I'm in NYC and I never once saw someone who looked like Saleisha. I saw some girls who looked like Chantal and Bianca, but Saleisha? No... Okay since everyone is comparing Saleisha and Jenah, I'm gonna do that too!

Smoking Shot

Jenah - You can barely see her face...
    Saleisha - Very Nik-like and has that "get off me attitude"

Winner - Saleisha

Rock Climbing

Jenah - Body faces back and turns face around? Who CAN'T do that?
    Saleisha - Upside down body with one leg in the air... and her face doesn't go distorted... Not a lot of people can do that

Winner - Saleisha

Flower

Jenah - Very embracing to the tree and looks like Karolina Kurkova, amazing!
    Saleisha - Looks very sleepy and haunting like... but different

Winner - Jenah

Jenah - Good body position... Her face seems so small compared to her body in this shot... But it's still overall a very good pic
    Saleisha - Very sexy and dark/mysterious like

Winner - Tie

Recycle

Jenah - She looks like a barbie doll, but a good one... Does not really match the background but I mean she looks good... It just doesn't match the theme
    Saleisha - Very good and her ensemble and the vibe matches the theme of this shot. Her face and body language is good.

Winner - Saleisha

Burning Car

Jenah - Good body position, but I can't see her face...
    Saleisha - Definitely wonderful and seems high fashion to me

Winner - Saleisha

Cover Girl

Jenah - Even though we can't see her face, she still somehow looks pretty and amazing in this shot
    Saleisha - I don't like her face and smile in here... I really thought they could have picked a better picture, cause I'm sure she had a better one.

Winner - Jenah

Chinese Lion

Jenah - I really don't like her shot in here, her head looks weird it looks like her head was cropped from another picture and was pasted here... It's just weird.
    Saleisha - Perfect pose, perfect face... everything just works out from faraway and close up.

Winner - Saleisha

There goes my unbiased rate. If I was being biased, I would say Saleisha is better at every photo shoot. I hope she does well tonight. Go Saleisha!
    Last edited by Marleybone; 12-06-2007 at 04:25 PM.

FORT Newbie

She is awesome!!!! I personally DO NOT think any of the contestants are ugly because they wouldn't have been in the 12, I'm being realistic!!! So I'm not into bashing for the sake of it and I will just state that Saleisha is my fave! If she doesn't win, I couldn't care less which of the other three win because my other favourite was Heather and she was elimanated!! So go girl and even if you do not win, you did well to get in the last four, so well done.

Dax

Smoking Shot

Jenah - You can barely see her face...
    Saleisha - Very Nik-like and has that "get off me attitude"
    Profile is the clue word for that picture. You can see in Jenah's eyes intensity. And you can see her face because she doesn't even have hair in the other picture.

Rock Climbing

Saleisha - Upside down body with one leg in the air... and her face doesn't go distorted... Not a lot of people can do that
    It's not about body and face only. The intensity in Jenah's eyes surpasses Saleisha's intensity. And the dress, Jenah knew how to work the dress and show how awesome it is. With Saleisha the line of the dress is distorted.

Winner - Saleisha

Burning Car

Jenah - Good body position, but I can't see her face...
    Saleisha - Definitely wonderful and seems high fashion to me
    Once again this shot was not about seeing the faces. It was about showing the emotion of being frustrated. Her pose is weird, like Nigel told her, the photo is not striking and she doesn't look frustrated. Saleisha was probably at the bottom in this one. Chantal, Jenah, Heather and even Bianca did better than her.

Cover Girl

Jenah - Even though we can't see her face, she still somehow looks pretty and amazing in this shot
    Saleisha - I don't like her face and smile in here... I really thought they could have picked a better picture, cause I'm sure she had a better one.
    I'm actually defending your favorite in this one. I love Jenah's picture while I hate Saleisha's but it was not only about the picture. This week Saleisha did great in the commercial. She was sweet, endearing and for the first time she seemed real.

Chinese Lion

Jenah - I really don't like her shot in here, her head looks weird it looks like her head was cropped from another picture and was pasted here... It's just weird.
    Saleisha - Perfect pose, perfect face... everything just works out from faraway and close up.

Winner - Saleisha
    While I don't hate Jenah's picture is not my favorite. I agree with you in this one.

I'm not attacking you by the way. I'm just posting my honest opinion since I think that by far, Chantal's, Heather's, Lisa's and obviously Jenah's portfolio are far better than Saleisha's.

FORT Newbie

I'm not attacking you by the way. I'm just posting my honest opinion since I think that by far, Chantal's, Heather's, Lisa's and obviously Jenah's portfolio are far better than Saleisha's.[/QUOTE]

Funny but I think the exact opposite to you, which is a good thing because life would get pretty BORING if we all liked the same thing. I personally think Saleisha is far more of a natural beauty, which as its in the eye of the beholder, no one can make me think differently. Likewise, you think Chantal is beautiful in her portfolio which I cannot see. The only one I agree that was gorgeous was Heather's. She too had that natural beauty that I liked.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by GuruBishisama;2706347;
    Is this the photo ranking thread?

Anyway, I do find it laughable to say that Saleisha has a great portfolio. She has a mediocre one. It's not about being compared to Jenah or anyone else, it's about the fact that even on it's own, it doesn't have enough strength. Her best pictures, the Burning Car and Chinese Lions, aren't that spectacular. They're great for her but do you seriously think any designer would run those images? Whoever said that Saleisha's picture for the Chinese Lions was forced totally nailed it, IMO--it doesn't look natural OR fashionable. It looks really amateur, and I'm surprised she didn't get any flack for it. (well, not really that surprised, given the panel loves her, but still...)

And also, Saleisha's rock climbing photo is one of the worst ever taken on top model, taking a risk means nothing if you look like a drug addicted animal baby with a cheap weave and a cheaper dress.
    THANK you! I've been waiting for someone to point that out. Ugh, it's such a shot that you'd see praised only on ANTM. As horrible as it is, the judges will never end with their, "Oh, look how much she's grown! She's such a model, now!" bull.

Quote Originally Posted by thetikkk;2706672;
    I would laugh if Tyra pays the agency to sign Saleisha. I have nothing against her but I would be disappointed if she won. Heck I would much prefer if Bianca was the winner over her. Bianca can be very cute when she's not a b!tch.
    I'd laugh, too, though it'd be out of confusion. Neil Hamil obviously adored her, so I find the assertion that Tyra would "pay the agency" to sign Saleisha beyond absurd.

Well most agencies don't even used the Top Model photoshoots to put in the girls portfolio anyway. I think Tyra stacks the deck against certaing girls like Saleisha because a lot people believe if a girl starts off strong but tapers off overseas she should still go to the finals over a girl who starts slow but improves over seas. It's basically body over work versus week to week improvement.
    “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein

Saleisha's picture tonight was one of the best taken in ANTM in my opinion.

And it was sooo cute when she was doing her Great Wall dance.

Quote Originally Posted by saleishafan;2706906;

Rock Climbing

Winner - Saleisha

Flower
    Not trying to be sarcastic, but have you ever tried rock climbing? Jenah's pose is definitely NOT easy. The question here is 'who can do that?'. Because of the harnesses, the body position of the person would normally be like Kimberly's - a little hunched over and you would have to balance yourself either on the wall or on the footings.

Jenah's pose is perfectly ramrod straight. That in itself requires lots of upper body strength, and I think she achieves it looking effortless. Perhaps because she is a rock climbing instructor.

Saleisha's pose, while daring and very unique is not more difficult than Jenah's.

Anyway, I think both pictures are good ans has its own merits.
    ----
    Saleisha does seem to be a nice girl from the interviews of the other girls, and she hasn't done anything as horrible as Monique from C6 so I don't dislike her.

I also hope people don't hate her because Tyra and co. keep trying to shove their inconsistent ideas down our throats.

Her photo this week lacked something in the face for me. I don't know, I'm still not seeing versatility in Saliesha.
    Last edited by xDC3x; 12-06-2007 at 05:38 AM.