Page 101 of 363 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3626

Thread: Saleisha - Cycle 9

Bre don't like ugly......

Re: Saleisha - Cycle 9

I'm a Salerette!

Seriously, I can compare her portfolio to Jenah's and confidently say that Saleisha wins hands down.

For the smoking shoot, they were about equal, though I believed Saleisha's to be better, due to her emotion and attitude, as opposed to Jenah's completely plain face.

As for rock climbing, I love that she took a risk. Again, about equal with Jenah, but I prefer Salei's, because she doesn't have her front teeth hanging out.

The flower photoshoot, I love Saleisha's. I just think that it has a high fashion and editorial quality to it. Jenah did well that week as well though.

Gargoyles. Saleisha was OK. Jenah was bad. Seriously, I was subconsciously asking her to close her damn mouth! It really annoys me!

Recycling - both were pretty bad. Same with Covergirl.

Burning Car/Chinese Dragons - Both fantastic weeks for Saleisha, she looked HF as opposed to Jenah looking bored in one and having a really crap pose in the other.

the thing is, no good agents in new york would even be ALLOWED to send saleisha out on go-sees to respectable clients.

she doesn't have the right look for high fashion. that's a given. there is no way in the world she could ever get booked for any high fashion campaign.
    her face has very limited angles, and she can't be photographed up close, basically severing any chances at having a career doing beauty work.

she could do some catalogue and swimsuit work in LA.
    but even in those area's she is still very limited.
    because like i said, her face is very limited as far as the angles it can take. She also obviously can't handle any extreme hair style, it completely demolishes her beauty.

and just so nobody accuses me of being a hater, i do like her personality, and she is a very lovely girl. she just doesn't have any striking features, and has absolutely no edge. she's not very photogenic either.

A.J, Nicole, Renee, Jenah ILikeThat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyaFanatic;2706209;
    I'm a Salerette!

Seriously, I can compare her portfolio to Jenah's and confidently say that Saleisha wins hands down.

For the smoking shoot, they were about equal, though I believed Saleisha's to be better, due to her emotion and attitude, as opposed to Jenah's completely plain face.

As for rock climbing, I love that she took a risk. Again, about equal with Jenah, but I prefer Salei's, because she doesn't have her front teeth hanging out.

The flower photoshoot, I love Saleisha's. I just think that it has a high fashion and editorial quality to it. Jenah did well that week as well though.

Gargoyles. Saleisha was OK. Jenah was bad. Seriously, I was subconsciously asking her to close her damn mouth! It really annoys me!

Recycling - both were pretty bad. Same with Covergirl.

Burning Car/Chinese Dragons - Both fantastic weeks for Saleisha, she looked HF as opposed to Jenah looking bored in one and having a really crap pose in the other.
    sorry, but you're not objective. I don't hate Saleisha, I like her. Still I don't think she deserves to win.
    Here what I think, I try not to be biased.
    Negative effects of Smoking: both not striking, Jenah did best, her pose is beautiful.
    Rock Climbing: Jenah did best out of all, very couture. Saleisha, yes it's original, but nothing more, just average.
    Flowers: Are you kidding?? Jenah's so gorgeous, natural and couture. Saleisha is too plain, still it's an Okay shot.
    Gargoyles: both not good. Saleisha's pose is so awkward and it's not fashionable. I look at all of her photos and I see the same pose with crooked legs. Jenah is just so-so.
    Recyclable Materials: absolutely, Jenah the best. Saleisha has nothing special, same crooked legs pose
    Car in the Desert: Saleisha is not the best of all, but her photo is better that Jenah's. Even though once again I see the crooked legs pose. Jenah is just too fake.
    CG: both bad
    Lion and Dragon Dance: both good. I love Saleisha did smth new woth her pose, but it's too fake, face is stiff. Jenah's face is soo strong and beautiful, pose's nothing special. Jenah did best.
    -------------------------------------
    So for me it's Jenah.
    Whitney won!!!

Quote Originally Posted by raindrops47;2706217;
    the thing is, no good agents in new york would even be ALLOWED to send saleisha out on go-sees to respectable clients.

she doesn't have the right look for high fashion. that's a given. there is no way in the world she could ever get booked for any high fashion campaign.
    her face has very limited angles, and she can't be photographed up close, basically severing any chances at having a career doing beauty work.

she could do some catalogue and swimsuit work in LA.
    but even in those area's she is still very limited.
    because like i said, her face is very limited as far as the angles it can take. She also obviously can't handle any extreme hair style, it completely demolishes her beauty.

and just so nobody accuses me of being a hater, i do like her personality, and she is a very lovely girl. she just doesn't have any striking features, and has absolutely no edge. she's not very photogenic either.
    I completely agree!

If you're looking for a high fashion model, no way Saleisha can fit the bill. HF models definitely have more refined features and a more elegant look. Saleisha has a more girl next door appeal.

Saleisha will fit well in commercial modelling, no doubt about that. But even then, I see her more of the nameless generic model type. She is a pretty girl but her features aren't very striking.

If Tyra didn't stress so much about winners in the show being couture models, I think people would be less resistant to Saleisha winning. But the fact is, Tyra is trying to push Saleisha as a HF model and that is frustrating because no way she is more high fashion than some of the girls who are eliminated.

Tyra should just accept that most, if not all of her past winners would have been more suited to commercial modelling.

If i were to rate the remaining girls on all the photoshoots, saleisha doesn't come up once as the best shot

smoking side effects - chantal
    rock climbing - jenah
    flowers - jenah
    gargoyle - jenah (sooo sasha p in this shot)
    recycling - jenah (though saleisha was not bad)
    burning car - chantal
    covergirl - chantal
    lion and dragons - jenah (strong face)

Bre don't like ugly......

I'd say.....

smoking : bianca (dont know why i love it!)
    rock climbing : chantal
    flowers : saleisha/jenah
    gargoyles : bianca
    recycling : chantal
    desert : chantal
    covergirl : bianca
    chinese dragons : saleisha

Suckleisha VS Jenah

smoking side effects - both bad
    rock climbing - jenah hands down!
    flowers - jenah
    gargoyle - jenah
    recycling - jenah
    burning car - jenah
    covergirl - both bad
    lion and dragons - jenah (Saleisha's pose doesn't fit the chinese background!)

So.. Saleisha is better? Are you serious?
    "My head is big, for real? You look like a bratz doll." Bianca, Cycle 9

FORT Fogey

Is this the photo ranking thread?

Anyway, I do find it laughable to say that Saleisha has a great portfolio. She has a mediocre one. It's not about being compared to Jenah or anyone else, it's about the fact that even on it's own, it doesn't have enough strength. Her best pictures, the Burning Car and Chinese Lions, aren't that spectacular. They're great for her but do you seriously think any designer would run those images? Whoever said that Saleisha's picture for the Chinese Lions was forced totally nailed it, IMO--it doesn't look natural OR fashionable. It looks really amateur, and I'm surprised she didn't get any flack for it. (well, not really that surprised, given the panel loves her, but still...)

And also, Saleisha's rock climbing photo is one of the worst ever taken on top model, taking a risk means nothing if you look like a drug addicted animal baby with a cheap weave and a cheaper dress.

Good luck to Saleisha tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by GuruBishisama;2706347;
    Is this the photo ranking thread?

Anyway, I do find it laughable to say that Saleisha has a great portfolio. She has a mediocre one. It's not about being compared to Jenah or anyone else, it's about the fact that even on it's own, it doesn't have enough strength. Her best pictures, the Burning Car and Chinese Lions, aren't that spectacular. They're great for her but do you seriously think any designer would run those images? Whoever said that Saleisha's picture for the Chinese Lions was forced totally nailed it, IMO--it doesn't look natural OR fashionable. It looks really amateur, and I'm surprised she didn't get any flack for it. (well, not really that surprised, given the panel loves her, but still...)

And also, Saleisha's rock climbing photo is one of the worst ever taken on top model, taking a risk means nothing if you look like a drug addicted animal baby with a cheap weave and a cheaper dress.

I agree. Saleisha's work is ho-hum at best. I probably wouldn't get so annoyed if high-fashion and editorial were never used in the same sentence as Saleisha.

She is commercial at best, and even then that is a stretch.