Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah - Cycle 9

Re: Sarah - Cycle 9

Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;2548588;
    I really don't think this girl will last at all.
    Even Tyra said she doesn't have the body of a plus-size. And she seems really lost, like "Why did they cast me as a plus-size?"
    I know we haven't seen very much of these girls, but this girl doesn't seem to have a lot of confidence, passion or personality.
    And we know Tyra, if she's going to choose a plus-size winner, she's gonna have a larger-than-life personality and ambition.
    So she doesn't look like a contender. I'll give her 5 weeks at the most.
    Are the categories of plus size, normal and (is there a "minus" size ) really that rigid ? It seems incredible that women who are at the cusp of sizes(between plus and normal or normal and minus) would be eliminated simply because they are at the cusp of sizes. As far as the personality issue is concerned it seems to early to tell.
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

Quote Originally Posted by amazonophile;2549214;
    Are the categories of plus size, normal and (is there a "minus" size ) really that rigid ? It seems incredible that women who are at the cusp of sizes(between plus and normal or normal and minus) would be eliminated simply because they are at the cusp of sizes. As far as the personality issue is concerned it seems to early to tell.
    That's the reason why Regina didn't make it to Cycle 5, and it doesn't seem too unreasonable.
    I know I have not seen very much from her, but out of what I have seen, she must have come on the show thinking she would be considered a normal model.
    The fact that she is confused about how she was casted as a plus-size might signal an insecurity.
    Of course, nobody really knows how any girl will do in the competition, but out of pure speculation of what I have seen, I don't see her having much confidence, personality or passion.
    And we know that Tyra feels strongly about plus-sizes and would not want that kind of girl representing their demographic.
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

FORT Fogey

The thing about Sarah is that she seems to have very smooth curves. A very solid, voluptuous figure. Healthy weight. Regina (who I find disturbingly overrated) was just jiggly all over the place. She had a thin upper body but I remember seeing her walk for the judges in the bikini and her thighs/butt movement comparable to Toccara's breasts. She also had kind of a pouchy stomach. I always got the feeling that they encouraged Regina to put on weight and become a plus-sized model in hopes that it would round her body out to not look so much like cellulite. Like the only way to go was up. With weight loss she could've potentially had loose skin. From what we've seen of Sarah so far she looks to have great proportions.
    Last edited by Wiest; 08-29-2007 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;2549237;
    That's the reason why Regina didn't make it to Cycle 5, and it doesn't seem too unreasonable.
    I know I have not seen very much from her, but out of what I have seen, she must have come on the show thinking she would be considered a normal model.
    The fact that she is confused about how she was casted as a plus-size might signal an insecurity.
    Of course, nobody really knows how any girl will do in the competition, but out of pure speculation of what I have seen, I don't see her having much confidence, personality or passion.
    And we know that Tyra feels strongly about plus-sizes and would not want that kind of girl representing their demographic.

Okay well what have you seen that makes you think that?
    She had two lines in the introduction video saying "I know the "plus sized model". Do what you can, be gorgeous, be tall, be fabulous! Work what you got."
    I dont see how she sounds confused or doesnt have any confidence..o-o

The best plus size model to date.
    "Jade just needs to get laid. " - Nigel Barker

Quote Originally Posted by Wiest;2549822;
    The thing about Sarah is that she seems to have very smooth curves. A very solid, voluptuous figure. Healthy weight. Regina (who I find disturbingly overrated) was just jiggly all over the place. She had a thin upper body but I remember seeing her walk for the judges in the bikini and her thighs/butt movement comparable to Toccara's breasts. She also had kind of a pouchy stomach. I always got the feeling that they encouraged Regina to put on weight and become a plus-sized model in hopes that it would round her body out to not look so much like cellulite. Like the only way to go was up. With weight loss she could've potentially had loose skin. From what we've seen of Sarah so far she looks to have great proportions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ko0la1d;2550704;
    The best plus size model to date.
    I have to agree with Wiest and ko0la1d on this one. I think that out of all the plus-size ANTM contestants I have seen so far(Whitney(C8),Diana(C8) and Sarah(C9) ), Sarah(C9) is the most beautiful out of that set of three that I know of. I never saw Regina or Toccara(both pre -cycle 6 therefore unknown to me), but the way everyone is describing Regina she seems to be a Diana(C8) or Whitney(C8) clone. Sarah (C9) is in better shape then that and I would like to think that she will not be sent home because she is only 1 lb. under or over an arbitrary standard: that is like someone getting a speeding ticket because they drove 1 mph over the speed limit.
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

Regina wasnt a plus sized model. Her body was very flabby but she wasnt plus sized.
    Mary, from semi-finals, was plus sized.

So far most of the comments about Sarah have been positive which is great considered how previous plus sizes were treated. I hope she can bring it during the photoshoots.
    “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett1616;2550202;
    Okay well what have you seen that makes you think that?
    She had two lines in the introduction video saying "I know the "plus sized model". Do what you can, be gorgeous, be tall, be fabulous! Work what you got."
    I dont see how she sounds confused or doesnt have any confidence..o-o
    Well, as I clarified, I haven't seen much of her
    But I'm not just judging by the video of the girls
    She said a lot in the ET interview and she clearly stated that she did not expect to be a plus-size model
    And her general presence did not seem very lively or confident
    I could be wrong and she could turn out completely different, but I am just speculating from what I have seen
    I'm sorry, but I just don't see all of the fuss about her
    She has a great body for a plus-size, but her face looks very pedestrian
    When you look at her close-up on the banner, do you see a working model?
    All I see is a pretty, high school cheerleader
    IMO, the most beautiful plus-size model is Diane
    Sure, she took lackluster photos and lost her personality
    But she had perfect proportions and had great bone structure
    The issue I have with many plus-size models is that their faces are so chubby that you can't see their bone structure but Diana is an exception
    Her face was so striking
    Anyway, somebody please tell me what the hype is about this girl because all I see is a lifeless pedestrian
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

well, i understand being confused about being labeled a plus size but other than that she seemed really confident and bubbly. the confidence was surprising and it was what i noticed right off the bat about her. she's got a great face so we'll see how it works out. and I agree ledzep, Diana had a striking face, but so did Diane and Toccara.