Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243

Thread: Sarah - Cycle 9

Re: Sarah - Cycle 9

But she doesn't have Caucasian features, her features were very squished. And she was very round. I thought they loved models with straight features. I think that's why Biyanka won the go-see's. She is really tall and her features aren't as squished as Sucky's.
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

Quote Originally Posted by amazonophile;3017143;
    Saleisha is short and not plus size. Saleisha is more petite then Sarah.
    I get where you're coming from but it doesn't mesh with me. Saleisha is 5'10, definitely not short, and definitely not the cup of tea of the Asian model market. I don't think the foreign destination had anything to do with it, I still say it was Saleisha's tie with Tyra.

^ ITA. And I love your Belinda avie!
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

I think Whitney is better.
    Sarah took great pics, but she is just forgettable. She doesn't have any presence, to be plus size you have to stand out more than the rest of the girls.
    I'll miss Alamela.

Originally Posted by amazonophile
    Ever since the end of cycle 10 I have been thinking the same thing:Sarah was eliminated (allegedly: ) for "being just barely" plus size. When I heard that excuse coming out of Nigel`s mouth I felt like shouting at my TV(at Nigel) "If you believe that Nigel have I got a bridge you would like to buy". I never believed that for a minute. Now if the excuse provided by Nigel is not the real reason what is?. I think the hint as to the real reason is the difference in overseas destinations and culture: Peoples Republic of China vs. Italy. PRC: Chinese culture tends to favor women with Saleisha`s attributes while Italy apparently is more favorable to tall (and sometimes plus size women). If cycle 9 overseas episodes had been in Italy instead of China Sarah(or one of the other taller contestants) would have won. I think the Chinese told Tyra+Gang of Four when to eliminate Sarah and perhaps even masterminded Nigel`s tirade against Sarah in order to make Sarah think that she deserved to be eliminated.
    Quote Originally Posted by labrowneyes;3017140;
    Good theory but I don't think it is plausible. What features does Saleshia have that the Asian market loves? If anything Chantal would've won because they love white models over there.
    I agree with amazonophile in that Saleisha had better traits that fit China's culture over Sarah. She is thin and her shape tends to work better with the style of clothing worn there. Sarah was heavier (not plus, but heavier), and her shape doesn't quite fit the style of a lot of Chinese clothing - at least that I've seen. While I think Sarah is the better model, I can't see her in most of the clothing they modeled in China save the Great Wall shot and the runway.

Also, China's culture has tended to favor petite women, and did many things to fit that image. At one time they even bound the feet of young girls so they'd have tiny feet. This also pretty much caused the woman a lot of problems. I'm not sure about height as far as overseas models, and given none of the go-see people said anything about anyone being too tall, I don't think that was an issue. But, given that thought, it would factor in why Sarah didn't get to continue, in spite of having, IMHO a better portfoilo than some of the other models that stayed in.

Personally, I think Sarah's elimination was bogus to begin with, and she was probably cast to boost the ratings. If they knew they were going to China and knew the standards (which I think) they shouldn't have cast Sarah in the first place. It's not fair to her, and also adds to the feeling that the whole season was rigged - whether that's true or not.

How is Sarah forgettable? Though smaller than a real plus-size model, Sarah's portfolio just KILLS Whitney's. I also would like to point out how Whitney's portfolio is kinda overrated. I mean, that paint shot, the jetsetters, and the one photoshoot with Tyra. I never see Whitney fans ever speak of those photos.
    Homeless Anya | Lingerie Marvita | Meat Packing Industry Lauren | Beauty Shot w/ Paint Anya | Musical Genre Fatima
    Fuerzabruta Fatima | Jet Setters Anya | Commercial Fatima | Roman Castle Dominique | Movie Icons Anya | CoverGirl Anya

Quote Originally Posted by starburst.;3017391;
    How is Sarah forgettable? Though smaller than a real plus-size model, Sarah's portfolio just KILLS Whitney's. I also would like to point out how Whitney's portfolio is kinda overrated. I mean, that paint shot, the jetsetters, and the one photoshoot with Tyra. I never see Whitney fans ever speak of those photos.
    I'll talk about them. Yeah they weren't the best but they weren't the worst. I actually like her jetsetter's pic. It captures what they were going for with the whole forties vibe. I think the dead eyes work in the paint shot and roman couture is starting to grow on me. And Elite must like it since it is in her portfolio.

Quote Originally Posted by guii;3017226;
    I think Whitney is better.
    Sarah took great pics, but she is just forgettable. She doesn't have any presence, to be plus size you have to stand out more than the rest of the girls.
    And I agree. Sarah took some stunning pictures but she was dorky. It's cute but I'm past that.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3017340;

Personally, I think Sarah's elimination was bogus to begin with, and she was probably cast to boost the ratings. If they knew they were going to China and knew the standards (which I think) they shouldn't have cast Sarah in the first place. It's not fair to her, and also adds to the feeling that the whole season was rigged - whether that's true or not.
    That is what I was afraid of. I guess people will do anything for the Almighty $.
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).