Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Sarah - Cycle 9

I miss cycles 1-6! :( youllseemeontv's Avatar

Re: Sarah - Cycle 9

Quote Originally Posted by guii;3014339;

other makeover shot.
    I loved her makeover and I love her. Shes amazing.

I like Whitney, but I loved Sarah.
    HOMELESS- Aimee/Marvita | WATER- Anya/Dominique
    LINGERIE- Marvita | TRAVEL- Dominique
    MEAT- Whitney | RENAISSANCE- Dominique/Fatima
    PAINT- Anya/Claire | PAPARAZZI- Anya
    MUSIC- Whitney/Fatima | COVERGIRL- Whitney

cdee/heather fan dongdongahdong's Avatar

I liked her as well and that makeover shot of hers looked stunning. But I am glad that Whitney was the plus girl they chose to win, Whitney is more focused and ambitious on modeling.

Sarah's photos, imo, were more amazing than Whitney's.

In fact,
    Sarah > Whitney
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

-Alex Perry, AusNTM

FORT Fanatic

I've never understood the fuss about this girl. She was a filler at best. She wasn't even near plus sized and people talk about her as though she actually a serious plus size contender. She would have needed to have gained aloooot of weight.

That still doesn't take away the fact that she was a great model with fantastic pictures and a great personality (and outshines Whitney on all those accounts) who was left out in the cold when panel decided they were done with her, despite the fact that she had been doing fairly well. Mind you, she was casted as small-than-plus to begin with.
    That's why people screamed bloodly murder at her elimination.
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

-Alex Perry, AusNTM

FORT Fanatic

Does anyone know where I can find her pictures. I can't remember any of them, she was that forgettable. I'd like to see them. I just remember her preshow which was good, but she wasn't so good after makeovers.

FORT Fogey

[FA edit]

I don't mind if a girl is "forgettable" on a show like ANTM, which edits girls to look boring even when they have a perfectly nice and easy to work with personality. Sarah took some fantastic photos. Bianca or Ambreal definitely deserved to leave the week she left!
    Last edited by Lucy4588; 05-22-2008 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmygosh;3015346;
    If only she was on Cycle 10, she could of won.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClrDeLun;3016001;
    Sarah's photos, imo, were more amazing than Whitney's.

In fact,
    Sarah > Whitney
    Quote Originally Posted by ClrDeLun;3016042;
    That still doesn't take away the fact that she was a great model with fantastic pictures and a great personality (and outshines Whitney on all those accounts) who was left out in the cold when panel decided they were done with her, despite the fact that she had been doing fairly well. Mind you, she was casted as small-than-plus to begin with.
    That's why people screamed bloodly murder at her elimination
    Ever since the end of cycle 10 I have been thinking the same thing:Sarah was eliminated (allegedly: ) for "being just barely" plus size. When I heard that excuse coming out of Nigel`s mouth I felt like shouting at my TV(at Nigel) "If you believe that Nigel have I got a bridge you would like to buy". I never believed that for a minute. Now if the excuse provided by Nigel is not the real reason what is?. I think the hint as to the real reason is the difference in overseas destinations and culture: Peoples Republic of China vs. Italy. PRC: Chinese culture tends to favor women with Saleisha`s attributes while Italy apparently is more favorable to tall (and sometimes plus size women). If cycle 9 overseas episodes had been in Italy instead of China Sarah(or one of the other taller contestants) would have won. I think the Chinese told Tyra+Gang of Four when to eliminate Sarah and perhaps even masterminded Nigel`s tirade against Sarah in order to make Sarah think that she deserved to be eliminated.
    Last edited by amazonophile; 05-22-2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: punctuation
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

Quote Originally Posted by amazonophile;3017134;
    Ever since the end of cycle 10 I have been thinking the same thing:Sarah was eliminated (allegedly: ) for "being just barely" plus size. When I heard that excuse coming out of Nigel`s mouth I felt like shouting at my TV(at Nigel) "If you believe that Nigel have I got a bridge you would like to buy". I never believed that for a minute. Now if the excuse provided by Nigel is not the real reason what is?. I think the hint as to the real reason is the difference in overseas destinations and culture: Peoples Republic of China vs. Italy. PRC: Chinese culture tends to favor women with Saleisha`s attributes while Italy apparently is more favorable to tall (and sometimes plus size women). If cycle 9 overseas episodes had been in Italy instead of China Sarah(or one of the other taller contestants) would have won. I think the Chinese told Tyra+Gang of Four when to eliminate Sarah and perhaps even masterminded Nigel`s tirade against Sarah in order to make Sarah think that she deserved to be eliminated.
    Good theory but I don't think it is plausible. What features does Saleshia have that the Asian market loves? If anything Chantal would've won because they love white models over there.
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

Quote Originally Posted by labrowneyes;3017140;
    Good theory but I don't think it is plausible. What features does Saleshia have that the Asian market loves?
    Saleisha is short and not plus size. Saleisha is more petite then Sarah.
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).