Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria - Cycle 9

FORT Newbie

Re: Victoria - Cycle 9

i am new here but i just wanted to say that my husband knows victoria! he is a construction worker and his project is at yale, and she walks by the site every day. he stopped her once to talk to her and he said she is very nice and funny. and now every time she goes by she stops and says hi and once she even brought sandwiches for them. he says she is so nice and always smiles and we watched the show and don't know why they made her look so mean and snobby because she is always very kind. and they talk about construction because her dad works in construction too. so i am upset that she is eliminated. just thought maybe yall would want to know!

And I didnt know so many of yall post about these girls!

Victoria latest interview from ivygate:

IG: How does it feel to be eliminated from America's Next Top Model?
    VM: I'm pretty relieved, to tell you the truth. Being a TV celebrity sucked. I didn't cry and I didn't catfight, which is not very good for reality TV.
    IG: Does this mean you think your elimination was based on television, not modeling?
    VM: No. I mean, my cactus picture wasn't very good. I don't consider myself very pretty. Most high fashion or editorial models aren't that pretty in real life, anyway. I'm too pale, too gangly, and have too weird a face to ever be considered sexy. But the show's definitely geared toward a certain kind of girl, and at the end of the day, I did go on as a joke.

IG: Did you ever hug Tyra?
    VM: I did, and I was afraid she'd eat me.
    IG: Did her boobs feel real?
    VM: You know, I didn't check.

The part of the Victoria elimination we also didn't see was when she took off her high heels once she'd been cut, TYRA ACTUALLY THOUGHT THAT VICTORIA WAS ABOUT TO THROW THEM AT HER, AND SUMMONED HER BODYGUARD. Tyra also insisted (as Victoria has said) that the whole part where Victoria turned to the girls to ask them if they thought she was prickly be cut from the episode. Tyra did not like Victoria 'trying to control my panel.' Don't mess with Ms. Banks. She'll f*** you up."
    Yes, this did actually happen. I took off my shoes because my feet were numb and turning blue, but apparently Tyra was threatened by my 110 pound body of pure muscle and almost had her security guards jump me. And the whole voting thing made Tyra lose a lot of face which is why it was cut from the episode. Basically I could see they were going to play up the prickly thing, so I asked the girls if I was being abrasive or rude and they all voted no. It made Tyra pretty flustered, which was funny, but it probably got me eliminated too. But it made the models laugh, which to me, was a better use of my time.

Tory Tells All in Exclusive Interview! <br><em>I'm not sexy, and Tyra feared me.</em> - IvyGate, the Ivy League blog
    Last edited by Marleybone; 10-18-2007 at 11:09 PM.
    Work ! Shake it ! Pop it ! Dont Break It !

Quote Originally Posted by BustaK;2615842;
    She's very lean, and that makes her arms/shoulders bigger and more square. Her jaw seems strong. Her pose is kind of "drag" too. I'm in NYC and I've seen posters for drag queens with that exact pose. She looks good (and has an interesting look that can work in ehr favor) but she somewhat looks like a guy in that particular picture.
    Wow that is shocking: ( "I'm in NYC and I've seen posters for drag queens with that exact pose. " ), (my italics). Could this actually be a coincidence? (I would prefer to think it is), or could it actually be possible that Victoria actually is a dragqueen that slipped "through the system"? Or in other words is this an example of ANTM meets Murphy`s Law(anything that can go wrong will),(especially when Tyra + Gang of Four are in charge ) ?
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

FORT Regular

no rumors please. anyone who has watched the show knows she is a girl. they just put really heavy makeup on her and it doesn't look good

FORT Fogey

I was talking to a friend of mine last night, and while away at college, she's met a boy who's sister works as an editor/writer for ANTM. According to her, Victoria
    was given a really inaccurate edit and was one of the nicest girls on the show. So it's not just the other girls who thought it--the CW staff does too.

FORT Newbie

ep5 2:21
    Victoria back?!

Quote Originally Posted by a123s;2619240;

ep5 2:21
    Victoria back?!
    I think this is just evidence, in case anyone didn't know, that the video footage is used wherever it fits into a storyline and not in actual chronological sequence.

Clearly, the scene with the list getting posted was filmed before Victoria was eliminated. That's all.

Edited to add:

Editing can be used to make up just about any story the producer/director wants to tell. I have a background in video, so I know what can be done. It's often painfully obvious, to anyone who is paying attention, that bits of conversations are being mixed and matched to say something other than what really happened.

That said, I think Victoria is a complex mixture of things that gave the editors plenty to work with. She seems like a nice person who is sometimes unintentionally brusque and who also sometimes is too big for her britches. It's possible for all of these things to be present in a person. I should know. Those are all qualities I have, so I can assure you that it's totally possible to come across as prickly without knowing you are or intending to.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 10-19-2007 at 01:09 AM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I swear, i have am America's Next Top Model disease. When the season starts, i always pick my favorite girl - and bam, she always get's eliminated way to early. But besides that - love her. If i had any cash at all, i'd drive down to Connecticut, by a wedding ring, and ask her to marry me. If two chicks could make babies, we'd have hawt kids.

IG: Did you guys really sleep in one big room?
    VM: Yes. I felt like I was in an orphanage.

IG: Did you ever hug Tyra?
    VM: I did, and I was afraid she'd eat me.

LOL.
    "My head is big, for real? You look like a bratz doll." Bianca, Cycle 9

Mollie Megg Kata Lauren charlieboy's Avatar

I miss Victoria, I honestly don't understand how why she was eliminated.
    Tyra and Co. could have easily photoshopped the rings on her neck...her photo wasn't even that bad.