Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/16 Episode Previews/Discussion **Possible Spoilers**

Re: 5/16 Episode Previews/Discussion **Possible Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ANTM OBSESSION;2381157;
    She wants it and deserves it. And whoever said that Jaslene isnt likable must not have been watching this cycle, because obviously someone is voting her as CG of the week.
    For reasons i'd really like to know. As poitned out before, she won in the episode where Jael was pushed into the pool despite her being featured very little and taking a bad picture. The only personality she's given off all season is that she's amazingly arrogant. And I say amazingly, because she's a bad model and is actually arrogant it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS;2381527;
    For reasons i'd really like to know. As poitned out before, she won in the episode where Jael was pushed into the pool despite her being featured very little and taking a bad picture. The only personality she's given off all season is that she's amazingly arrogant. And I say amazingly, because she's a bad model and is actually arrogant it.
    And don't forget that Jaslene comes from Chicago--so potentially has a huge voting base that love her just because she's from their hometown.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer;2381532;
    And don't forget that Jaslene comes from Chicago--so potentially has a huge voting base that love her just because she's from their hometown.
    That does make sense. Anytime she's featured heavily in an episode (which isn't often), there's nothing likeable about her. It's amazing that it does seem like she'll win given that they've shown her very little while previous winners have gotten lots of screentime.

it is only on FORT that jaslene isnt liked. and its only a handful of people that dont like her. theories will always happen the week before the cycle. but it amuses me how some posts have so much anger. people dont realize that the minute you lose your cool, you have failed at convincing those around you.

if you go to the CW site and other antm related forums, you will realize that a lot of people are jaslene fans.
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

That is not true Pooja, Jaslene is not that loved on other boards either.
    Jaslene certainly is not the fan favorite at this point, Natasha is.

She's got fans on every forum like every other contestant, but she's also got people that dislike her just like every other contestant. There's nothing different.

I find it more amusing than anything else that she's made it this far. It's like Tyra's to prove all the critics about this show right.

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS;2381572;
    She's got fans on every forum like every other contestant, but she's also got people that dislike her just like every other contestant. There's nothing different.

I find it more amusing than anything else that she's made it this far. It's like Tyra's to prove all the critics about this show right.
    True true.
    Also, you are correct about the fact when Jaslene gets a lot of air time, which hasn't been that often, she comes across as arrogant and kind of snitty.

Question about the preview for next week's show and a past spoiler-maker, plus my general thoughts:

Before last night I actually thought that all four girls had strong points as well as things to overcome.

Dionne - Although I thought she was absolutely beautiful, she really was not taking direction well, so it was time for her to go. In fact, it almost seems like she would do best on the runway, but not in magazine spreads since she could afix that "harsh look" on her face while modeling a particular line (assuming that's what the particular designer was looking for). Or of course, small roles on tv shows might also work.

Jaslene - Pretty, but to me, sometimes she looks harsh as well. I also think she's a bit one-dimensional when it comes to her expressions. Takes great photographs and she definitely can do different poses and work in different settings, but her facial expressions are always quite similar to me. Also seems like she would be good on the runway, but I can't tell how her persona/image would translate to Cover Girl and Seventeen specifically in terms of youthfulness. I could see, however, see her in Elle or Vogue, in perhaps RL or TH ads.

Renee - Can be stunning, but as the judges and people here have said, tends to look a bit older in her photographs. She has surprised me on a few shots and she can look friendly in pictures, although she doesn't seem to be particularly kind in real life (as much as we can ever really know with edits, etc.). She can definitely do sexy, but young and innocent/fresh? I'm not sure.

Natasha - Seems versatile. Has an 80's Kelly Brock thing going on. Will have to work on her walk (Q1 - didn't those legs look like hers that were kind of walking strong/stomping in the runway preview?), but has a strong portfolio overall (take out the first ones and the dance thing last night). Not sure how young and/or fresh she is for Cover Girl and Seventeen, but her past versatility indicates she may be able to pull it off.

I'm glad Tyra "defended" Natasha since she (Tyra) has talked about girls ganging up on each other. I also like that they didn't eliminate her after one bad day, because everyone, even professionals have them and given her otherwise strong performances, she deserved another chance.

I have to say that since the three remaining girls all have things to work on, it really seems like a toss up to me. Any of the three could do a really good job on the runway and in the CG shoot and take it from the other two.

But if all three do equally well in print and in walking (doubtful b/c the judges can always find something in need of improvement), it will probably come down to personality. In that case, I hope it will be Natasha.

Re personality, I liked Dionne, didn't quite trust Renee (although she's been nice lately, she was not at first and I don't think that people change that readily), but Jaslene had always seemed pretty genuine to me. J. definitely did the cha-cha diva thing, but I interpreted that as self-confidence not as negativity toward others.

Last night I thought they were all really catty toward Natasha and when the judges asked about top model POTENTIAL (who had the most and who had the least), the other three girls talked about Natasha's PERSONALITY. If they were being completely unbiased, they would have said something more along the lines of "while Natasha has had some really good photographs and models well, I think her personality might not be the best for the spokesperson part of being ANTM." I also think Natasha really handled herself well in response to what they said and in response to the judges.

So this really long rant is basically to say, it seems like anyone's game right now depending on how she does in the final two challenges. But those challenges being equal, if it comes down to personality, I think Natasha should be the winner.

Q2. Does anyone remember the poster who gave us clues about the Ya-Ya/Eva cycle????

He/she was dead on about almost every spoiler (was adamant about the "gold" hint in the final show title being Eva), but then it seems like he/she disappeared. If I remember correctly, that person said he/she had a friend that worked at the studio or on the show.

I think Renee will be eliminated next. Jaslene will be in the bottom two with her.

I think Natasha will eventually win.

The only other possible scenario is that Natasha comes in third, and Renee wins.

heather - jenah - chantal flavios2mollies's Avatar

girl who wants to b youthful: renne
    can't deliver lines: jaslene (remenber nata's commerical?)

final 2:
    jaslene and natasha, jaslene antm, i really can't say i like them both
    ps: the bitch always gets 3th place

(i really like this final 2, jaslene my pre show fav, and natasha my since 2nd episode fav)