Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Dead Top Models for Sweden?

I read "Aftonbladet" today wich Is the biggest newspaper In Sweden and I saw an article about America's Next Top Model cycle 8's dead models photo shoot. The title was "Mördande Mode" (Killing Fashion).
    Look dead and you can become a model Is one of the first lines.

Her are some qoutes:

"If the girls didn't play dead good enough they would be eliminated by Banks and the jury."

"This Is all sick. This don't sound like fashion and gives really wierd association's. It has gone to far" Says the Swedish model and host for Sweden's Next Top Model, Malin Persson. And that she would never let the Swedish girls do something like that.

"We are going to look very close on that episode and see If we are going to send It or not"" Says Anders Knave the programdirector of TV3 (The channel that sends ANTM In Sweden.)

So typicall Sweden to react like this. But has anyone reacted In US or any other country about that theme?

If you want I can post a picture of the articel but I don't know If thats illegal or not?

Here Is Aftonbladet's article on the net:
    Aftonbladet: Mördande mode
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-30-2007 at 02:01 PM. Reason: merged posts to include link with quotes

I actually love the photoshoot and I don't understand what is the problem with it. It's much better than the boring photoshoots they've had before, like Fashion Victims, Superheros, Celebrity Couples, etc.
    screw meaning.

Yes our nation also has it on newpaper... and its asia.
    the official site has take those photos down. this is the most controversal also the best photo theme ever imo.
    The real original AMERICAN IDOL KELLY CLARKSON's new single NEVER AGAIN is now availlable on ITUNES !!!!

Good for Sweden for having some standards. I still can't believe how much American culture has shifted in even ten years. Not very long ago, people weren't yet so desensitized to death and violent imagery that this shoot would be considered beautiful by anyone but those on the bleeding edge. It's sad.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I'm surprised this photoshoot has gotten such feedback. For the most part this is what fashion is about, its not always about the pretty glitzy image that ANTM often presents. Often times you have shoots like this where the images aren't really typically pretty, but they're often the best for that reason.

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    Sweden has a Top Model?
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

FORT Fogey
    This gives me a really strong feeilng that whenever they show the VH1 marathons and this cycle is featured they will omit the episode.

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    Its not that shocking to me,they should take a break,eat a cookie.
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

Right now Sweden don't have a Top Model and I don't think It will make a return either...

FORT Fan
    what pathetic reasons for making such a fuss over a photoshoot! so prude some people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast