Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536

Thread: 3/28 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Dream, dream, dream. . . Ultramarine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylani;2304394;
    Actually Natasha has a baby she mentions this in one of her introductory interviews. You can see it on CW11 New York | WPIX-TV
    Thanks! Gee, I thought Renee was the only person in the world who had a child!

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2304344;
    There is a lot of speculation and generalizing going on when the truth is we really know nothing about the circumstances of Natasha's marriage. She's gone from being just another married contestant to a "mail-order-bride/prostitute/white slave-who barely escaped an impoverished existence with her fat-ugly-aged-40-year-old-rich-domestic-abuser-husband-who probably plans to exploit/kill her." I doubt she would have had the freedom to be on this show if any of what's been said is true, and it really has nothing to do with the actual show other than some of the girls in the house have been talking about the fact that they find the age difference a bit creepy.
    I completely agree. I really don't know her situation or her background, so I have no right to speculate. I was, of course, generalizing and I do not have any facts to backup my claims. But there really is a problem with the exploitation of women in poor countries. I think it is sad.

Natasha really seems happy and free-spirited; a person who is capable of doing anything she sets her mind to do--I admire her for that. But I am sure post show, she will be on Tyra's talk show crying about something in her background.

FORT Fan
    There is a lot of speculation and generalizing going on when the truth is we really know nothing about the circumstances of Natasha's marriage. She's gone from being just another married contestant to a "mail-order-bride/prostitute/white slave-who barely escaped an impoverished existence with her fat-ugly-aged-40-year-old-rich-domestic-abuser-husband-who probably plans to exploit/kill her." I doubt she would have had the freedom to be on this show if any of what's been said is true, and it really has nothing to do with the actual show other than some of the girls in the house have been talking about the fact that they find the age difference a bit creepy.
    Thank you! This made my day. Words of wisdom. No really, you make a lot of good points.

...fat-ugly-aged-40-year-old...
    I think it's really funny how some people automatically put these words together. (Of course I'm not saying you do this, Marleybone.)

It's true that a good many men have gotten out of shape and lost their looks by age 40.

But wouldn't it be a hoot if they had the "visit from a loved one" challenge prize this season, and we finally get to see Stuart-- and he looks like Brad Pitt, who's the same age?

Oh, and lest anyone think a guy who marries a "mail-order bride" couldn't possibly look like Brad Pitt:

Years ago, I met a guy who was a Chippendales dancer/beefcake model type-- tall, handsome chiseled face, muscles-- and he was about to move cross-country to marry a woman he met online. They had communicated through e-mails, letters and phone calls, but had never met face-to-face until this trip.

Reason? He was sick of women making their initial response to him based on his looks.

As it turned out, she had the same problem-- though neither of them let on what they looked like until a solid relationship based on mental compatibility had developed.

The last I heard about him through our mutual friend, everything worked out and they're still together 11 years later.

Kao
    What people are also seeming to forget is that it's a whole different culture over there. Women routinely marry men who are older, and guys routinely marry women who are older, and there's no shadiness about it; it's our American minds that make it seem like there is shade involved!

If this was an abusive situation, more than likely he would not had "allowed" Natasha to be on the show in the first place. He would have kept her at home, hidden away. Instead, this man seems to WANT her to be the best she can be, and encourages her towards her goals. Isn't that what marriage is suppposed to be about?

Also, we have no idea how they met, or about her husband. They could have met if he went to Russia. She might have been a student over here. He himself might be from the old country and wanted a bride from there...the list is endless. She certainly seems happy, and it's none of Whitney's business.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;2306670;
    If this was an abusive situation, more than likely he would not had "allowed" Natasha to be on the show in the first place. He would have kept her at home, hidden away. Instead, this man seems to WANT her to be the best she can be, and encourages her towards her goals. Isn't that what marriage is suppposed to be about?
    Yep i'd imagine if it was a bad relationship she wouldn't have been allowed to even participate on the show, he'd be too scared she'd go off and fine someone else. It's might not be a typical relationship but that doesn't make it a bad one. She seems happy which is the only thing that really matters.

I think cathy may be watching the girls before her appearence because she said to one of them that they have improved in their photoshoot,