Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: International Destinations

Quote Originally Posted by adobo;2279077;
    i know right?
    Kathleen is that you?

Anyway, they should try Brazil. Come on, Tyra, don't bring them to Madagascar or Iraq.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by IamBEAN;2282362;
    i forgot to add i'd like to see moscow on the list of possibilities. russia's another big mystery to a lot of westerners, and it's associated with cold, stoic, middle aged men named stalin! russian fashion is beautiful, and the models they pump out of small shanty towns is even better!
    Any other European places you'd suggest for ANTM?

They'll definitely hit up Germany, Russia, and China, but I'm unsure of exactly where in those places they'll go (Munich or Hamburg for Germany?, and HK or Shanghai for China?). Brazil and India are hopefuls!

FORT Fan
    i'd assume dusseldorf if they went to germany would be best (theyd probably not go there, though.) because it's where all the couture boutiques are!

hong kong over shanghai for me.

basically, in my eyes these are the only reasonable possibilities left for europe:
    moscow, prague, reykjavik.

FORT Fogey
    I could see Antwerp. The design scene is booming!

Duesseldorf (I think that's how you spell it without the two little dots, heh...) and Hamburg are the most fashionable cities in Germany, but the latter is more likely over the former. But Munich might beat both...lol. It's what ANTM does, basically...that's probably why they'll go to Shanghai rather than HK, sadly (although both cities are probably amazing!).

And yes, PRAGUE! Can't wait to go there this summer!

Have you been to Athens? I heard it's dir-tay!

FORT Fan
    most european cities are a lot 'dirtier' than what americans seem to think. especially paris, everyone thinks it's basically disneyland and spot free. not saying it sucks, but it's not super tidy, which is to be expected from such a big city.

i went on holiday to greece once, everyone's so niceeee there. but, fashion wise, not too sure. i could see them going there for more of a cultural thing, but i doubt that's enough. then again...it's antm.

i'm excited for your prague trip! it's a great city. is this your first time out of the country? i'm assuming you're in the u.s.

oh and you're right about belgian design, it's certainly held in high regard, but i'd like to see them be like 'uh...where's antwerp!?'

Fatima/Whitney/Stacy Ann TopModelFan1's Avatar
    We need to redo London. I felt that they focused more on Bollywood instead of London fashion (mod or whatever). They might as well have gone to Mumbai.

Brazil (either Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro, whichever one is the fashion capital)
    Moscow
    Prague
    Dubai
    Hong Kong
    Manila
    Copenhagen
    Budapest
    Mumbai
    Frankfurt (or Berlin. Isn't Dusseldorf like the Nashville of Europe? It's very music oriented, isn't it?)

Are any of these places not really considered fashionable at all?
    Tyra, please don't shave my head.

FORT Fan
    some of those are seriously questionable. copenhagen? for what? cheese danishes? dubai, if they're going to any part of that world, go to mumbai.
    frankfurt is a horrible city, dusseldorf or berlin would be best fashion wise.

and saopao is the fashion capital of brasil.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by IamBEAN;2282482;
    most european cities are a lot 'dirtier' than what americans seem to think. especially paris, everyone thinks it's basically disneyland and spot free. not saying it sucks, but it's not super tidy, which is to be expected from such a big city.

i went on holiday to greece once, everyone's so niceeee there. but, fashion wise, not too sure. i could see them going there for more of a cultural thing, but i doubt that's enough. then again...it's antm.

i'm excited for your prague trip! it's a great city. is this your first time out of the country? i'm assuming you're in the u.s.

oh and you're right about belgian design, it's certainly held in high regard, but i'd like to see them be like 'uh...where's antwerp!?'
    I live in the US, but it's not my first time out of the country. I'm young, but I've been to:

Mexico
    Canada
    Puerto Rico
    India (my family is Indian, haha)
    France (Paris, Versailles, Giverny) WHICH I LOVE!

And this summer, I'm going to Hamburg, Berlin, and Prague. SO EXCITED! lol I'm going to so many ANTM cities! haha.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by TopModelFan1;2282518;
    We need to redo London. I felt that they focused more on Bollywood instead of London fashion (mod or whatever). They might as well have gone to Mumbai.

Brazil (either Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro, whichever one is the fashion capital)
    Moscow
    Prague
    Dubai
    Hong Kong
    Manila
    Copenhagen
    Budapest
    Mumbai
    Frankfurt (or Berlin. Isn't Dusseldorf like the Nashville of Europe? It's very music oriented, isn't it?)

Are any of these places not really considered fashionable at all?
    Oh yeah, a LOT of people have said Budapest before! I wanted to go there from Prague (along with Vienna), but we couldn't this time.

Hamburg, Berlin, and Dusseldorf are the most fashion-y cities in Germany...what did HuNTM do in Frankfurt? Didn't they just have a meeting with an agent/client there?

Ooh, Manila!

FORT Fogey
    lol what if their budget was running low and they had to go somewhere ~exotic~ WITHIN the states? hahah I wonder where they'd go.