Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: International Destinations

FORT Fogey
    But I still think that they'll definitely go to either one of the countries. I mean, they went to South Africa. Cape Town became a HUGE modeling market RIGHT after Miami just plummeted in the 90's, but, still, it's no London/Paris/Milano/NYC/Tokyo. Thailand, too.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2275355;
    Um, if that wasn't sarcasm, thank you
    i wasn't being sarcastic, foo.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by IamBEAN;2275443;
    i wasn't being sarcastic, foo.
    Don't you be callin' me foo, foo! Hahah, yay! lol

FORT Fogey
    I was on the CW site, and there was a Top Model quiz. One of the questions was, "What was the international destination in Cycle 3?" The choices were Tokyo (duh), Paris, and Seoul...hmm...maybe Seoul is in the talks! It would be pretty good; its market is quite prominent.
    Last edited by mayukhers112; 03-12-2007 at 01:41 PM.

FORT Fan
    that'd be spectacular. seoul is one of the most fashion forward cities i've been to ever.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by IamBEAN;2276490;
    that'd be spectacular. seoul is one of the most fashion forward cities i've been to ever.
    Ooh, where else have you been? And how "in" are they, fashion-wise?

FORT Fan
    i've been all over europe because i was raised and do work here. east asia (tokyo, seoul and hong kong only.) for work as well. middle east (lebanon, israel, that general area.). India. south america for leisure, i haven't done anything for work there yet. and of course new yahk.

with that said, based on my own experiences, i think that they should at least CONSIDER:

1. seoul. To me, this city is truly an undiscovered gem. Not like Prague where the design is good, but is a little too over-run now. South Korea in general to a lot of westerners is just an extension of it's northernly neighbour, which is totally FALSE! South Korea has a refined culture like Japan's, but lacks the suspiciousness. South Korea has the big cities of China, but without feeling clustered. All in all, it's a total hip city but not in a pretentious, fake way.

2. Mumbai. why the HELL haven't they gone here? Oh yeah, like my number one, it remains a big mystery to a lot of people, and i'm not just talking about it's fashion world. India is more than saaris and head wraps: In India, you stand next to the poorest people you'll ever meet and the richest within 2 seconds of eachother, which has lead to an industry eclecticism
    like no other in the world.

3. Reykjavik. Okay, this is not a fashion hub, and never will be because even the country can't hold more than 300,000 people! But, Iceland's capital has a lot more to give than most people think. The people's street fashion there is obviously strictly european, but it has borrowed from an influx in south asian migration and north american cultural interests to develop a style not found anywhere else in europe.

FORT Fogey
    Wow, that's amazing! I'd love to go all over East Asia when I go to college or something, but I'm trying to get in these exchange programs (trying to go to either Buenos Aires, HK/Shanghai, Cape Town, or Sydney) at school, so we'll see.

Seoul seems like an amazing city. I'd LOVE to go there one day, and I'd love if ANTM went there.

I always wanted to go to Reykjavik.

And THANK YOU for justifying Mumbai to all the others out there who have no idea.

FORT Fan
    oooh good luck with the program! i did that in high school for 2 years, i stayed in osaka, japan. you should really do it, you'll never regret it.
    seoul has soul!

FORT Fogey
    Hahahaha, Seoul probably does have soul!

I take Japanese in school and I LOVE it, but I want to go some other places, because I'll probably go to Japan later in life haha.