Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: International Destinations

FORT Fogey

Re: International Destinations

Ugggh, TyTy, don't take the girls to Hamburg! Yes, that's the birthplace of Karl and Jil, but Berlin is the new London, only more experimental! lol

Fatima/Whitney/Stacy Ann TopModelFan1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charmedp321;2456731;
    yeah if tyra said I was going to isreal I'd be so scared...
    Guys, chillax.

I'm from Palestine (you know the whole schpeel about Israel vs. Palestine) and the media severly exaggerates the warfare.

My grandma went last summer when Israel and Lebanon were bombing each other, and nothing happened, she was totally safe and came back in one piece.
    Tyra, please don't shave my head.

Going to China or Hong Kong is a great choice.
    These two places got tons of beautiful scenary and tradition.

FORT Fogey

OMG, after the glory of Sass & Bide (ignoring the pitiful, so-called, "fashion show" that the finalists walked in), I'd love it if the finalists walked for Vivienne Tam or Shanghai Tang in HK, Manish Arora (:love) or Sabayischi in Mumbai, and, obviously, Hugo Boss/Escada/Jil Sander in Hamburg, although we ALL know that won't happen. haha

Oh, if only it would. But you know Tyra doesn't want the girls to look better. :p
    True love comes in quietly, without banners or flashing lights. She is your sanity in a world full of madness. True love is not how grand you are or how simple you are, but's who you are with her and she loves you not in spite of it, but because of it. She is the one that stands with you, when the rest of the world falls down.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2453533;
    OMG, fierce quote from Tim Gunn!

"In places like India and China, there are enormous markets that have been really rather untapped when it comes to fashion," said Tim Gunn, chairman of the fashion design department at Parsons the New School for Design in New York.
    More ferocity from Style.com and TFS:

1. "It's all about the BRIC," declared Carlos de Souza, Valentino's unflagging majordomo, as he surveyed the international party crowd at the Ritz bar following the designer's latest couture show. "Brazil, Russia, India, China," he added helpfully. In fact, though, it was really only about India, as Valentino and de Souza introduced guest after guest to Sheetal Mafatlal, the woman who is about to open her country's first Valentino boutique, in Mumbai.

2. STYLE NOTES: INDIA
    Indian Fashion Week?
    Done the New York, Milan, Paris thing? You might add cosmopolitan Mumbai to the fashion trail. This bustling city already has a Project Runway-style documentary soap, Lakme Fashion House, that follows aspiring designers and stars celebrity judge Donatella Versace. (Naomi Campbell bailed.) And for the first time this year, IMG, the production company that runs Gotham's Bryant Park shows, is helping to organize and broaden Lakme fashion week. Mark your calendars; it runs from March 28 to April 1. (IMG's been behind Mumbai's FW for a while, now. This is old~)

3. Meanwhile, the financial climate and all the excitement about the new hedge-fund billionaire class—this season's answer to the new rich of Russia, India, and China—seem to be buoying up confidence in the existence of superexclusive couture itself.

4. Any fashion mogul worth his empire has his sights set on Asia, and Giorgio Armani is no exception. He's spent a good chunk of the past year exploring that part of the world, where boom sales are being predicted for luxury brands like his. That explains why India was on his mind for Emporio Armani. "I think it's the next place we will go," he said, referring to an expansion plan that follows his recent boutique openings in China.

5. Also, here's Style.com's Coverage of Mumbai FW:
    Fashion Trends and News on Style.com

:snap (I wish that was a smiley, lol)

6. Milan-based Prada and Salvatore Ferragamo SpA, an 80-year- old Italian luxury-goods maker based in Florence, Italy, have said they want to sell shares to the public to finance international expansion. Fashion companies are seeking access to financial markets to support the increasing costs of opening stores and executing global advertising campaigns to expand in emerging markets in Russia, China and India.

7. Most couture houses concentrate sales and order taking in Paris, and also bring the collections to New York seasonally to capture American clients. But sales representatives and seamstresses are making more house calls to important clients wherever they live. Valentino, for example, recently dispatched personnel to Dubai, Jordan, Argentina, Russia and India. "For us, a good client must buy above five dresses a season," Giammetti noted.

I really think that they should go to India or have Indias Next Top Model!I mean been to india i saw beauties and i saw versitle exotic girls!!And some people say indians are short!There are girls that are like 5'9 and over!Gosh tyra come on!!

FORT Newbie

I m glad somebody started this. I was just thinkin about this as I was watchin the marathon today. I was thinkin Greece or Brazil (Giselle could guest judge). India would be nice too.

oh i didn't know there had to be an elite where they go... i so vote for Sao Paulo!!! Its like the most important city when it comes to latin fashion
    "What's the matter J-Lo!?" - luv ya Jade!!!

I have a feeling they're going to Germany next cycle...
    Homeless: Fatima Lingerie: Marvita Meat: Lauren Beauty Shot: Stacy Ann Music: Katarzyna Feurzabruta: Fatima Jet Setters: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Couture: Domininique Movie Icons: Anya CG Commercial: Anya CG Photo: Whitney