Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 494

Thread: International Destinations

  1. #121
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    uh
    Posts
    5,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiez;2294643;
    I think ANTM should try Dubai later, its gonna grow bigger in fashion soon, and they should go when it's positively at its hottest!
    I agree.

    If they go to, like, 20 cycles, they really need to repeat countries, but have different cities. For example...St. Tropez, France; Rome/Florence, Italy; Madrid, Spain; and Osaka, Japan. All places have a huge fashion influence. Any other places in the UK, though? How's fashion in Edinburgh? I mean, there's a lot of an arts scene there, as my sister went there to perform in the Fringe Festival and all a few years ago.

    Aside from China, Russia, Germany, and MAYBE Brazil, Greece, and India, I don't really know which other places Tyra will definitely go. Any ideas on where they will go, not where they should? Like, where could you see ANTM going?

  2. #122
    The Tyrant~ Kahlen_rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,099
    Anywhere, it doesn't really matter how big the fashion scenary is if you ask me, the majority of the things they do there are not even related to fashion or are just small things.
    Shooting with the elephant, it reminds me of an ancient
    dinosaur, because they are in the dinosaurs family ,


    === Jade, Cycle 6===

  3. #123
    ♡ H.B.I.C Deluxe ☆ pooja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ☠♡☂
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2294890;
    I agree.

    If they go to, like, 20 cycles, they really need to repeat countries, but have different cities. For example...St. Tropez, France; Rome/Florence, Italy; Madrid, Spain; and Osaka, Japan. All places have a huge fashion influence. Any other places in the UK, though? How's fashion in Edinburgh? I mean, there's a lot of an arts scene there, as my sister went there to perform in the Fringe Festival and all a few years ago.

    Aside from China, Russia, Germany, and MAYBE Brazil, Greece, and India, I don't really know which other places Tyra will definitely go. Any ideas on where they will go, not where they should? Like, where could you see ANTM going?
    they have the budget to do a 2nd and 3rd location if they do europe & asia. for example... go sees in miami would mean a possible photo shoot in bermuda, trinidad, or jamaica.

    or how about fashion week in mumbai then jettison to HK & do a photo shoot in bali (4 hours away by plane from HK) have the girls enjoy the island & back to HK for eliminations. there are literally thousands of variations on this. i'm thinking london & a photo shoot in mykonos, greece. then back to london for eliminations.
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

  4. #124
    ♡ H.B.I.C Deluxe ☆ pooja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ☠♡☂
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahlen_rocks;2294918;
    Anywhere, it doesn't really matter how big the fashion scenary is if you ask me, the majority of the things they do there are not even related to fashion or are just small things.
    i disagree. location is everything in terms of setting off a mood or ambience. paris, london, and dubai are more alluring than say.... cheyenne, wyoming.
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

  5. #125
    The Tyrant~ Kahlen_rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,099
    mood or ambience
    I said fashion scene, not ambience or mood.
    Shooting with the elephant, it reminds me of an ancient
    dinosaur, because they are in the dinosaurs family ,


    === Jade, Cycle 6===

  6. #126
    FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Scotland,I'm Cold
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2294890;
    I agree.

    If they go to, like, 20 cycles, they really need to repeat countries, but have different cities. For example...St. Tropez, France; Rome/Florence, Italy; Madrid, Spain; and Osaka, Japan. All places have a huge fashion influence. Any other places in the UK, though? How's fashion in Edinburgh? I mean, there's a lot of an arts scene there, as my sister went there to perform in the Fringe Festival and all a few years ago.

    Aside from China, Russia, Germany, and MAYBE Brazil, Greece, and India, I don't really know which other places Tyra will definitely go. Any ideas on where they will go, not where they should? Like, where could you see ANTM going?
    Oh Mayukhners you just made my day they should definately go to Scotland I could go spy on them since I can get to Ednburgh on 50 from where I live.They do have a fashion-festival,a Scottish Fashion Festival plus Scotland is one of the best places to shop in Europe for anything including fashion,there's lots of great scenery and they could do a lot of fantastic photoshoots.
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

  7. #127
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    uh
    Posts
    5,017
    Haha, Ruairidh, I knew you'd be happy about that!

    Anywhere, it doesn't really matter how big the fashion scenary is if you ask me, the majority of the things they do there are not even related to fashion or are just small things.
    One could infer that you're basically saying that they could go to Guatemala or Latvia, and I don't think that's the point you're trying to get across.
    ANTM always goes to the bigger markets of fashion/modeling, excluding Bangkok, which is beaten in Asia by Tokyo, Shanghai, HK, Mumbai, Dubai, and KL in terms of fashion. Otherwise, Paris, Milano, Tokyo, London, Barcelona, and Cape Town (whether you like it or not) are all big in fashion.

  8. #128
    The Tyrant~ Kahlen_rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,099
    I didn't say the places they've gone are small, I'm just saying that IMO, it doesn't really matter where they go next, small fashion wise or not, because they still don't do anything important and the majority of the things they do are not even related to fashion or are fake, they are mostly related to the country culture, actually.

    If in the places ANTM goes they do big things, real go-sees, challanges related to fashion, real runways, etc. Then the fashion scene would matter.
    Shooting with the elephant, it reminds me of an ancient
    dinosaur, because they are in the dinosaurs family ,


    === Jade, Cycle 6===

  9. #129
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    uh
    Posts
    5,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahlen_rocks;2295020;
    I didn't say the places they've gone are small, I'm just saying that IMO, it doesn't really matter where they go next, small fashion wise or not, because they still don't do anything important and the majority of the things they do are not even related to fashion or are fake, they are mostly related to the country culture, actually.

    If in the places ANTM goes they do big things, real go-sees, challanges related to fashion, real runways, etc. Then the fashion scene would matter.
    Okay; well, then, in that case that you mentioned in the latter part of your post, where would it be most appropriate for ANTM to go?
    Last edited by mayukhers112; 03-24-2007 at 02:14 PM.

  10. #130
    The Tyrant~ Kahlen_rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,099
    Paris or Milan, where real jobs are, besides NY.
    Shooting with the elephant, it reminds me of an ancient
    dinosaur, because they are in the dinosaurs family ,


    === Jade, Cycle 6===

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.