Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: International Destinations

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by IamBEAN;2294305;
    i don't think dubai is necessarily a fashion capital just yet. although the nouveau-riche lifestyle there is quite interesting to say the least. it is becoming a world city.

germany isn't that interesting to me. the design isn't that solid imo.
    You're right about the world city. It's not really a fashion capital, but, IMO, the fashion there is still prevalent.

Some Berlin designers are interesting and eclectic, but, other than that, it's meh.

Which specific places in the Middle East and Europe have you been, IamBEAN?

FORT Fan
    i'm part lebanese (mmm cedar trees.) so i went there all the time growing up.
    israel, which aside from tel aviv isn't that interesting, but what a city tel aviv is.
    i'll try to keep my post pertained to only 'fashion cities'!
    but, beirut is actually quite amazing in terms of their design. it's a small city (only like a million?), but lebanese designers make amazing couture gowns mmm.

i totally vote for mumbai over dubai anyday. but that could change in 10 years because dubai is a boomtown!

hmmm. i know i posted and said reykjavik, moscow, and seoul i think. those will be my picks for some time but i wont hold my breath for antm to go there.

i really found south africa's place as a destination quite questionable, solely because although i'm not saying i'm not a fan of the design there (even if it is quite miniscule on a world level.) but it just isn't a hot spot right now. or was when they went there two years back.

barcelona? i love spain, i'm a spaniard, but it certainly isn't a major city for fashion design, more so because of gaudi and his architecture work.

oh i don't know, i just hope antm maybe will go to places off the beaten path.

FORT Newbie
    They've been in :-
    - Europe : Milan (C2) , Paris (C1), London (C5), Barcelona (C7)
    - Asia : Japan (C3), Thailand (C6), Australia (C8 )
    - Africa : (C4 )

Upcoming C9 would be either Asia / Africa.
    Africa, I only can think of Monocco / Cairo, but they aren't fashion capital, right ? I think China / Russia has high possibility.

If they pick China, I hope they can choose HK instead of Shanghai. Coz, I'm from Hong Kong ^^
    Living in Mars, Missing Phuket....I will be back

Australia ain't an Asian country.
    Shooting with the elephant, it reminds me of an ancient
    dinosaur, because they are in the dinosaurs family ,

=== Jade, Cycle 6===

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by IamBEAN;2294383;
    i'm part lebanese (mmm cedar trees.) so i went there all the time growing up.
    israel, which aside from tel aviv isn't that interesting, but what a city tel aviv is.
    i'll try to keep my post pertained to only 'fashion cities'!
    but, beirut is actually quite amazing in terms of their design. it's a small city (only like a million?), but lebanese designers make amazing couture gowns mmm.

i totally vote for mumbai over dubai anyday. but that could change in 10 years because dubai is a boomtown!

hmmm. i know i posted and said reykjavik, moscow, and seoul i think. those will be my picks for some time but i wont hold my breath for antm to go there.

i really found south africa's place as a destination quite questionable, solely because although i'm not saying i'm not a fan of the design there (even if it is quite miniscule on a world level.) but it just isn't a hot spot right now. or was when they went there two years back.

barcelona? i love spain, i'm a spaniard, but it certainly isn't a major city for fashion design, more so because of gaudi and his architecture work.

oh i don't know, i just hope antm maybe will go to places off the beaten path.
    Ah, I hold Barcelona Bridal FW close to my heart lol, so I'll have to ~respectfully disagree~ on that one with you

Even though South Africa has 3 fashion weeks, it's more known for its modeling market than design. After Miami became weak as a market in the 90's, the "beach" fashion city went to Cape Town.

Ah, I could tell from your avvie that you were Lebanese But, yeah, I heard of a couple Lebanese grand couturiers

FORT Fan
    well, i mean, the actual dresses of the "runway" show for c7 were absolutely beautiful, hands down. however, i'm spanish and i've never even heard of those designers! but...it may be stemmed from the madrid-barcelona feud. i'm a proud madrilenos.

Madrid and Barcelona's fashion scenes are really nice, I mean they aren't really the biggest thing, but it's still nice. Both pasarela cibeles and Bridal FW are really renown, plus they're beutiful cities. I thought it was a nice place to go.
    Shooting with the elephant, it reminds me of an ancient
    dinosaur, because they are in the dinosaurs family ,

=== Jade, Cycle 6===

FORT Fogey
    Hahaha, I see. Well, I think Madrid and Barcelona both would've been fine for ANTM, but I seem to prefer Barcelona's AMAZING architecture. Have you been to Istanbul, IamBEAN?

Hm...they always do animal shoots wherever they go...aside from London (which was disastrously uneventful), the past few cycles have all had animal shoots with, like, the national animal of each country. My guesses:

Shanghai/HK: Panda
    Russia: Hm...
    Germany: Um...bear?
    India: Tiger/Peacock/Monkey (there's a myriad for this one, just like Aussie and South Africa)
    I don't know about Brazil.

FORT Fan
    lol i'd love if they posed in giant panda costumes a la my fifth year birthday party.

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2294447;
    Hahaha, I see. Well, I think Madrid and Barcelona both would've been fine for ANTM, but I seem to prefer Barcelona's AMAZING architecture. Have you been to Istanbul, IamBEAN?

Hm...they always do animal shoots wherever they go...aside from London (which was disastrously uneventful), the past few cycles have all had animal shoots with, like, the national animal of each country. My guesses:

Shanghai/HK: Panda
    Russia: Hm...
    Germany: Um...bear?
    India: Tiger/Peacock/Monkey (there's a myriad for this one, just like Aussie and South Africa)
    I don't know about Brazil.
    russia a siberia tiger?
    How about disneyland?... just a thought.