Thread: Natasha - Cycle 8

xCanadas Next Top Modelx Go_Renee!!'s Avatar

Re: Natasha - Cycle 8

Natasha is great and really model-like but her arrogance looks like it's coming back again. It's weird: sometimes she's really humble and others she's totally arrogant. I like her though, but she's getting under my skin ( Damn you, editting! Controlling my thoughts!) Maybe it's the humble\arrogant thing the girls find fake? Or maybe they're just all talking crap!!

i don't really find the arrogance resurfacing. i think the other girls should just keep quiet and stop lying.

IMO, she has the most model potential, as she has proved by making the comback of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimzoid;2373314;
    IMO, she has the most model potential, as she has proved by making the comback of the century.
    Yeah, you gotta agree with that. She's kinda got a slight alien feel with her big lips and head, as well as a classic good jaw. This ticks her off as being like one of those Gemma Ward, alien-baby models but also her jaw and sultry eyes make her like a good old fashion Cindy Crawford. Once she nails English, I think she'll have it in the bag even without the show- although she's prob gonna win. There are just times I think she seems kinda arrogant lately but she's also really humble which doesn't make sense- probably a sign of the arrogance being edited. I think my annoyance for her might actually not be coming from her directly, but from the " aaaw, well done to the poor little foreign girl" edit Tyra etc. seem to give her, which I am just SO OVER! It's embarrassing for her cause she's capable without their sympathies...
    Renee is totally still my girl though! If she gets her photos up and her bitchiness down, she could run circles around them with her drive and smarts.

I kinda agree with you about the "poor foreign girl" edit. She is well past that point as has proven herself to be one of the best in the competition.

To be totally honest, I don't really see where all the renee love is coming from! She hasn't really proved herself to be likable at all. Her personaily sucks, her portfolio is only good at best.... *sigh* i dunno. I find Natasha just so much more likable with a much more interesting look, personality, and portfolio.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimzoid;2373342;
    To be totally honest, I don't really see where all the renee love is coming from!
    Yeah, I have no idea either!! There's just something so endearing about her. I know it's total BS that I should be getting tetchy bout Natasha having ABIT of arrogance when Renee can be a total bitch, but I dunno what it is. She just has a something I can't hate. I think it's because she knows what she's like, and I don't blame her for being a bitch cause she's in a competition. From what we've seen, Nata is totally nice to them all though, so for them to just start smacking her down to save themselves is...fine, yeah, it's a competition but that's just a step too far! It's obvious they're intimidated by her. GOD, but still I love Renee! It's like a mind game!! Natasha should win though and I'm trying to prepare myself for that. I read in another persons thread that Tyra said the winner of ANTM this cycle was " special" and that makes me think, hmm, well, maybe the first America's Next Top Model who...isn't American?? Seems pretty likely, right? Well, more power to Nata if she rocks it and takes the smack down from Renee, Dionne and Jaslene with strength. Then she'll be in the books for me.

Let's compare Renee and Natasha's portfolio.

Week 1 (Political Photo Shoot): Well neither are that great but seeing how Natasha is just standing there and giving no emotion to the camera doesn't even compare to Renee's while her leg is up, holding a gun and sitting on a car.

Winner: Renee

Week 2 (School Cliches Photo Shoot): Once again, neither were that great but seeing how Mr. Jay said that Natasha is the hardest girl he's ever had to direct in ANTM history (yes, harder than Ann (C3)) it's easy to say Renee also beat Natasha in this one. Like Renee said it was hard for her to do the "class clown" image seeing that it isn't even like her. Same goes for Natasha. She didn't even know what a "teacher's pet" was so she didn't even know what to do. Hence her picture being terrible.

Week 3 (Candy Photo Shoot): Alright well for this one it is their first photo shoot with their new hair and both girls did good. This is the week where Natasha really stepped it up and saved herself from elimination. Renee didn't have the full eye contact that she needed and Natasha striked a great pose.

Winner: Natasha

Week 4 (Crime Scene Photo Shoot): Well for this one Renee was both called out first and was praised by forum members for having probably the best picture of the cycle so far (and for me the best picture of the cycle still up until Renee took her men's magazine shot last week). While Natasha did a very similar pose to her Candy shot, it still turned out well, just not nearly as good as Renee's.

Week 5 (Drag Photo Shoot): This photo shoot is where Natasha really broke out of her shell and showed what she can really do. Not only was she able to take a great photo but she was in character the entire shoot. She even used props that she wasn't given to enhance her picture. Renee on the other hand did not compare to Natasha's photo this week.

Week 6 (4 Personalities Photo Shoot): As we saw from the week before photo shoot, Natasha is starting to do very well. And it transfered to the 4 personalities shot. Natasha's "Surprised" and "Happy" shots were really great. Renee also did very well showing her "Motherly" and "Sexual" sides. This week, though, went to Natasha who showed great versatility throughout the shoot.

Week 7 (Past Cycles Shoot): This week both Renee and Natasha had hard to portray shots but they both did well. Natasha had to shoot with Michelle and her bacteria infested skin while Renee had to shoot with Joanie as she got her teeth pulled out. Both girls were good this week and neither really out-shined eachother. They both really sold the Payless shoes (which they were supposed to be doing) and due to the horrible photoshoping this photo shoot is a split decision.

Winner: Split Decision (No Winner)

Week 8 (Covergirl Commercials): I'm not really sure how Natasha (A) won the challenge. It seemed like her questions were all jokes and she just threw some Aussie slang in them, while Renee incorporated fashion into her questions AND used the Aussie slang. And (B) how Natasha was called first before Renee. I thought they didn't count challenge wins into the final call out order? I guess I was wrong. Renee commited 100% in her commercial and Mr. Jay even said he would pull her back if she went to over the top. Yet in panel Tyra tells Renee that it's way to Crocodile-Hunterish. Natasha on the other hand was able to overcome the language barrier and presented a good commercial.

Week 9 (Men and Women's Magazine Photo Shoot): Alright well first of all let me say that this photo shoot produced the best picture (IMO) in ANTM history and many other great photos. That best picture ever I'm talking about goes to Renee. Her men's magazine shot was phenominal, amazing, stunning, words can hardly describe how sensational that shot of her was. Natasha's men's magazine shot was not nearly as great as Renee's but it was no where near bad. Both girls rocked the men's magazine shot. And then there was the women's magazine. Renee gave two completley different looks and poses and in her women's magazine shot looked great. Natasha (while laying down) also looked great. But for some odd reason Miss Tyra chose Jaslene AND Natasha over Renee in evaluation. What is up with that?

FINAL WINNER: Renee-5, Natasha-3

Sorry for that long post but I really needed to say that.
    Last edited by iv3rdawG; 05-07-2007 at 01:32 PM. Reason: deleted snide comments
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by iv3rdawG;2373670;
    3. Well let's compare Renee and Natasha's portfolio. Shall we?

Week 1 (Political Photo Shoot): Well neither are that great but seeing how Natasha is just standing there and giving no emotion to the camera doesn't even compare to Renee's while her leg is up, holding a gun and sitting on a car.

Week 2 (School Cliches Photo Shoot): Once again, neither were that great but seeing how Mr. Jay said that Natasha is the hardest girl he's ever had to direct in ANTM history (yes, harder than Ann (C3)) it's easy to say Renee also beat Natasha in this one. Like Renee said it was hard for her to do the "class clown" image seeing that it isn't even like her. Same goes for Natasha. She didn't even know what a "teacher's pet" was so she didn't even know what to do. Hence her picture being terrible.

Week 3 (Candy Photo Shoot): Alright well for this one it is their first photo shoot with their new hair and both girls did good. This is the week where Natasha really stepped it up and saved herself from elimination. Renee didn't have the full eye contact that she needed and Natasha striked a great pose.

Week 4 (Crime Scene Photo Shoot): Well for this one Renee was both called out first and was praised by forum members for having probably the best picture of the cycle so far (and for me the best picture of the cycle still up until Renee took her men's magazine shot last week). While Natasha did a very similar pose to her Candy shot, it still turned out well, just not nearly as good as Renee's.

Week 5 (Drag Photo Shoot): This photo shoot is where Natasha really broke out of her shell and showed what she can really do. Not only was she able to take a great photo but she was in character the entire shoot. She even used props that she wasn't given to enhance her picture. Renee on the other hand did not compare to Natasha's photo this week.

Week 6 (4 Personalities Photo Shoot): As we saw from the week before photo shoot, Natasha is starting to do very well. And it transfered to the 4 personalities shot. Natasha's "Surprised" and "Happy" shots were really great. Renee also did very well showing her "Motherly" and "Sexual" sides. This week, though, went to Natasha who showed great versatility throughout the shoot.

Week 7 (Past Cycles Shoot): This week both Renee and Natasha had hard to portray shots but they both did well. Natasha had to shoot with Michelle and her bacteria infested skin while Renee had to shoot with Joanie as she got her teeth pulled out. Both girls were good this week and neither really out-shined eachother. They both really sold the Payless shoes (which they were supposed to be doing) and due to the horrible photoshoping this photo shoot is a split decision.

Week 8 (Covergirl Commercials): I'm not really sure how Natasha (A) won the challenge. It seemed like her questions were all jokes and she just threw some Aussie slang in them, while Renee incorporated fashion into her questions AND used the Aussie slang. And (B) how Natasha was called first before Renee. I thought they didn't count challenge wins into the final call out order? I guess I was wrong. Renee commited 100% in her commercial and Mr. Jay even said he would pull her back if she went to over the top. Yet in panel Tyra tells Renee that it's way to Crocodile-Hunterish. Natasha on the other hand was able to overcome the language barrier and presented a good commercial.

Week 9 (Men and Women's Magazine Photo Shoot): Alright well first of all let me say that this photo shoot produced the best picture (IMO) in ANTM history and many other great photos. That best picture ever I'm talking about goes to Renee. Her men's magazine shot was phenominal, amazing, stunning, words can hardly describe how sensational that shot of her was. Natasha's men's magazine shot was not nearly as great as Renee's but it was no where near bad. Both girls rocked the men's magazine shot. And then there was the women's magazine. Renee gave two completley different looks and poses and in her women's magazine shot looked great. Natasha (while laying down) also looked great. But for some odd reason Miss Tyra chose Jaslene AND Natasha over Renee in evaluation. What is up with that?

FINAL WINNER: Renee-5, Natasha-3

Sorry for that long post but I really needed to say that.
    How about instead of your opinions in determining the "winner", we can use who was called out before the other, during each week's judging?

Ep 1: Renee
    Ep 3: Renee
    Ep 4: Renee
    Ep 5: Renee
    Ep 6: Natasha
    Ep 7: Natasha
    Ep 8: Natasha
    Ep 9: Natasha
    Ep 10: Natasha

Does anyone have call-out averages? Natasha did crappy for the first 3 eps, but since Ep 5, she has been either 1st or 2nd each time.
    Last edited by jasmar; 05-07-2007 at 01:36 PM. Reason: removed deleted text

Quote Originally Posted by iv3rdawG
    Week 4 (Crime Scene Photo Shoot): Well for this one Renee was both called out first and was praised by forum members for having probably the best picture of the cycle so far (and for me the best picture of the cycle still up until Renee took her men's magazine shot last week). While Natasha did a very similar pose to her Candy shot, it still turned out well, just not nearly as good as Renee's
    Winner: Renee.

it's all about opinions here, you can't decide on your own...

same here....

and here.......

same here!!

if i will compare them to each other, it will be totaly diferent.

besides, that's not how the judges are working.
    tyra looks for improving, that's what the show meant to do, bring a girl from the bottom 2 to the top 2.
    Last edited by antmNatasha; 05-07-2007 at 01:38 PM.
    Jenah is the true topmodel!

Quote Originally Posted by antmNatasha;2373729;
    besides, that's no how the judges are working.
    tyra looks for improving, that's what the show meant to do, bring a girl from the bottom 2 to the top 2.
    Heh. Ya I know. That's why I wouldn't want to be a judge
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

Nata/Renee/Donald Duck =) NinaBoBina's Avatar

besides, that's no how the judges are working.
    brittany said that too in her interview.. she kinda made it obvious she was leaning towards natasha for the win.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-11-2007, 01:34 AM
  2. 04-10-2007, 06:59 PM
  3. 04-10-2007, 03:35 PM
  4. 04-10-2007, 03:35 PM
  5. 04-10-2007, 02:57 PM
  6. 04-10-2007, 02:33 PM
  7. 04-10-2007, 12:32 AM
  8. 04-09-2007, 11:06 PM
  9. 04-09-2007, 06:53 PM
  10. 04-09-2007, 06:20 PM
  11. 04-09-2007, 06:19 PM