Thread: Jaslene - Cycle 8

Re: Jaslene - Cycle 8

[FA edit]
    I was talking about constant negativities and saying so and so will NEVER do this or NEVER do that.
    I mean I usually just ignore it because none of its that serious, its not my life or me personally, but the constant negativity (and not just towards Jaslene) is annoying.
    And so what if Jaslene or anybody else has "delusional" dreams. SO WHAT at least theyre stepping outside the box and daring to dream while the rest of us sit at home and type insults over the internet. At least theyre all doing something special. OK now my rant is over
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-12-2007 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Removed comment that had been deleted from previous post

Quote Originally Posted by APwatchesTV;2386383;
    Yes, I agree Jaslene came into the competition overconfident. But as the episodes progressed, it is clear she became more reserved and worked to improve herself.

As for the delusion discussion, I will say this again: Having dream goals and stating them do not make you delusional. You may call that not reality, but if you dismiss every dream goal that you have and pursue what you know you can attain will make you a boring, cynical person.

Delusion is Jade cycle 6 saying that she is the undiscovered supermodel. Delusional is Bre Cycle 5 saying that in 5 years she is going to be a household name. Delusion is decieving yourself to believe that you can attain something or be something immediately. Goals are wants that you know are not possible at that exact moment but are willing to work for to achieve. There is a difference.
    Exactly. There's a big difference between having dreams and being delusional. Jaslene's quite young, so I think her VS dream is doable.

Watching the marathon and loving this girl. Her determination is wonderful, and I'm glad she's more reserved. and can turn it out when it's time to. More than a few of her photos are stunning in retrospect too.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Quote Originally Posted by ANTM OBSESSION;2386403;
    [FA edit]I was talking about constant negativities and saying so and so will NEVER do this or NEVER do that.
    I mean I usually just ignore it because none of its that serious, its not my life or me personally, but the constant negativity (and not just towards Jaslene) is annoying.
    She's associated with a show that alot of the fashion industry can't stand because Tyra has made it a joke. There's no way they're going to let any girl walk in it. It's not just about Jaslene, its about all the girls who are really associated heavily with this show. Why do you think the girls that have relaly made it try to disassociate themself with it?
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-12-2007 at 07:55 PM. Reason: edited quote

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS;2386413;
    She's associated with a show that alot of the fashion industry can't stand because Tyra has made it a joke. There's no way they're going to let any girl walk in it. It's not just about Jaslene, its about all the girls who are really associated heavily with this show. Why do you think the girls that have relaly made it try to disassociate themself with it?
    Exactly.
    I like that Jaslene does have a goal but it just wont happen. Draglene doing Victoria Secret is like "What tha hell!?"

I'm glad Felicia told her off in the second episode. Jaslene calling her a dumbass after she left because she couldn't do anything else was like music to my ears cause it showed how weak she is. =D
    Top Models, Clear It Out~

All the girls get harsh criticism, it's not like Jaslene is the only one who gets harsh comments. According to some people, Renee is a a fake bitch who's a mediocre model, Natasha it's just a dumb girl who's been kept just because of her personality and will only do Maxim post show, Dionne was just a Ghetto fake bitch who took horrible pictures, Brittany was a whiny bitch, liar who was overated and so on.

Everybody gets criticism, [FA edit]. I still think the same about Jaslene, and I'm honestly not gonna change my opinion, she's still a dragqueen-ish, short over the top, model wannabe to me, yeah, she can take good pictures, sometimes, as well as horrible ones, sometimes, but that's it.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-13-2007 at 12:11 AM. Reason: removed rude comment
    Shooting with the elephant, it reminds me of an ancient
    dinosaur, because they are in the dinosaurs family ,

=== Jade, Cycle 6===

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    I think people on this forum have to many high expectancys for the girls on ANTM and therefore no girl will ever be good enough,Jaslene was obviously well-liked in Australia but we know that she will never be accepted in Paris or Milan,so what,as long as she gets jobs that doesn't make her any less of a Top Model,she'll probably will be much more famous than any supermodel working the runways right now.
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

FORT Fogey

I really don't get whatever small appeal she has. She's cute, but there are so many things that irk me about her model-wise. That jawline, first of all...it was totally prevalent in the Woman's Mag shot last week, but nobody really noticed. It looks as if she's clenching her teeth together. Her personal appearance is sometimes appalling, yet, at other times, it's really nice (when her hair's straight, especially). I don't know, I have a love/hate relationship with her to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Oil;2386425;
    I'm glad Felicia told her off in the second episode. Jaslene calling her a dumbass after she left because she couldn't do anything else was like music to my ears cause it showed how weak she is. =D
    Felicia didn't exactly cover herself in glory either. She knew what she was doing talking about "attitudes are changing" blahblahblah then got defensive when Jaslene responded. She came off like a spineless pot-stirrer.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by My My My;2386682;
    Felicia didn't exactly cover herself in glory either. She knew what she was doing talking about "attitudes are changing" blahblahblah then got defensive when Jaslene responded. She came off like a spineless pot-stirrer.
    agreed. i harbored no fondness for felicia, and the fact that she kept trying to associate herself by being "baby tyra" was pretty lame. coattails anyone? also, even if the girls did start it, it's not like she didn't want it. tyra didn't even like it.

oh, that girl knew exactly what she was doing--and they were dumbass things to do.