Page 58 of 375 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaslene - Cycle 8

Re: Jaslene - Cycle 8

well even if you don't think she looks like a drag queen she walks, talks and acts like a drag queen
    i think it's funny, but how's she gonna do a commercial?

yes... how? like...
    'Easy Breezy Beautiful, Cover Girl.' imagine Jaslene saying that... eeeew *pukes*

but actually I admire his bravery to come back to take another boot.
    oops, i mean her.
    The real original AMERICAN IDOL KELLY CLARKSON's new single NEVER AGAIN is now availlable on ITUNES !!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ahsien;2323029;
    yes... how? like...
    'Easy Breezy Beautiful, Cover Girl.' imagine Jaslene saying that... eeeew *pukes*

but actually I admire his bravery to come back to take another boot.
    oops, i mean her.
    I've thought about this for a while. Imagine the final three are Jaslene, Jael and Whitney...
    Jael - easy?
    Whitney - breezy?
    Jaslene - beautiful?
    What the...

I think Jaslene can do her commercial very well. She has the potential to be america's next top model, she has the looks, the body and the photo.

Commercial models have very soft looks, and her look whether you think she looks masculine or not is anything but soft. Just go onto the Covergirl site and you'll see all the women on there have soft looks.

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS;2323059;
    Commercial models have very soft looks, and her look whether you think she looks masculine or not is anything but soft. Just go onto the Covergirl site and you'll see all the women on there have soft looks.
    A few points:

1) Jaslene has a strong chin and angular features, but she looks softer in some shots than others, even in the opening credits footage. I think a good photographer could soften her just enough for CG's purposes.

2) Melrose also has strong, angular features (as did Lisa C5) and a less soft look than most CG models (or at least less soft than Eva, Naima, Nicole, and Dani), yet some people feel she was "robbed" when she didn't win.

3) Tyra supposedly said the winner was "special". Maybe this means CG is embracing women who don't fit the standard commercial mold?

4) And, of course, CariDee got the "drag queen" card thrown at her as well last cycle, but she's doing quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrnderDorothy;2325319;
    1) Jaslene has a strong chin and angular features, but she looks softer in some shots than others, even in the opening credits footage. I think a good photographer could soften her just enough for CG's purposes.
    There have been 2 shoots in which they've been required to have a softer appearance and in both shoots she didn't do so hot. I just don't think that's something she can really pull off. Often times some models fit into some role and can't really do much else.

2) Melrose also has strong, angular features (as did Lisa C5) and a less soft look than most CG models (or at least less soft than Eva, Naima, Nicole, and Dani), yet some people feel she was "robbed" when she didn't win.
    Well i'm one of those people but I don't think she'd make a good Covergirl. This is just one of the many issues with them choosing sponsors that conflict with each other.

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    3) Tyra supposedly said the winner was "special". Maybe this means CG is embracing women who don't fit the standard commercial mold?
    Well "special" is pretty vague this season because all the girls left are special.

Jaslene=Latin
    Natasha=Foreign and Mother
    Renee and Dionne=Mothers
    Jael=Black/Jewish
    Whitney=Plus-Size
    Brittany=Red head

Apart from Jael we've never had any of what those girls represent win the compitition so the winner could be anyone.
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

Premium Member

How does being a redhead make Brittany special? It's just hair color, and it's not like it's rare for people to have red hair.

Marley, people all over have used the winner is special to promote their favourite. Maybe being a redhead isn't really special, but in Tyra's world I think it could be.

It's just that the statement "the winner is special" doesn't really single anyone out, would Tyra choose someone who she doesn't think is special?