Page 46 of 375 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaslene - Cycle 8

Her look isn't "in" rigth now either, believe me, her heigth is just one of her flaws.
    Shooting with the elephant, it reminds me of an ancient
    dinosaur, because they are in the dinosaurs family ,

=== Jade, Cycle 6===

Just because her ethnic look isnt "in" does not mean that Jaslene should not keep on doing what shes doing. She takes great photographs and I think she's beautiful. Height is one thing, but her ethnicity is what makes her unique and she should never be discouraged because her "look" isnt "in". No look is ever "in" untill someone makes it "IN". Regardless of whether or not she wins, I think she's talented.

Jaslene along with Brittany are the frontrunners so far this cycle. I have to give her credit for that. As for her runway walk it can be improved, but it might not prevent her from winning. The winner of C7 walk was bad. [FA edit]
    Last edited by Marleybone; 04-02-2007 at 10:22 PM. Reason: removed question leading thread off topic
    “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein

Whenever she gets her myspace, I think she should publish her clothing sizes and real height. I don't think designers are entirely against shorter girls. But they do want to have some idea of what they can use them for, a certain dress or look.

A shortie here or there is o.k. Having said that, Ms. Pigford was too short though.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTM OBSESSION;2303947;
    Just because her ethnic look isnt "in" does not mean that Jaslene should not keep on doing what shes doing.
    Who said it was because she's ethinic? It's because how masculine she looks (atleast I think that's what Kahlen_rocks was suggesting).

To the Point
    I think her walk and speech will become somewhat of an issue. She takes beautiful pictures, however watching her walk and listening to her talk can be painful. Trying to get her to see that her runway walk is an issue might be a problem because she is so sure that "she's all that" and she certainly didn't seem to believe there was any truth to the critique that she received earlier in the show regarding this very subject. She needs to be willing to listen and make adjustments. She hasn't had to do that yet because her pictures have saved her and they haven't really had to do an incredible amount of runway work yet or spokes model stuff.

I hate her voice it anoys me to death and her walk isnt as bad as some of the girls that have been on there before (remember shandi) at least Jaslene can walk in heels. She takes awsome pictures...every week she has transformed into every character wonderfully! she made that weirdo look great I wouldnt doubt her being in the top 3

stuck in reality Asylum-ECT-girl's Avatar
    A lot of these girls will be horrible spokesmodels: Jael, Natasha, Dionne, and of course Jaslene. Although I am sure Jaslene will make it through a commercial, but I bet they tell her they can't understand her. They might tell her to lose the accent. But she will do a good job because her interviews have been okay.

Jaslene's my favourite model this cycle,keep up the good work!

Who said it was because she's ethinic? It's because how masculine she looks (atleast I think that's what Kahlen_rocks was suggesting).
    Exactly.

It's not that it's "ethinic", it's just isn't what the industry likes these days anyway (and no, I'm not saying she must have an alien/baby face, the industry actually has a lot of looks "in" at the moment), sadly Jaslene's ain't one of them.

She migth get some jobs post-show, but I bet she'll never be big or anything, simply because she doesn't have the potential for it.
    Shooting with the elephant, it reminds me of an ancient
    dinosaur, because they are in the dinosaurs family ,

=== Jade, Cycle 6===