Page 372 of 375 FirstFirst ... 272322362363364365366367368369370371372373374375 LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 3747

Thread: Jaslene - Cycle 8

Re: Jaslene - Cycle 8

It should be noted that Caridee moved to the Model Management section as well...

...and while it's good news to move up from the Development board, MM is still not the Women's board which has the likes of Ali Stephens, Coco Rocha, Darla Baker (also Alice and Mollie Sue).

While I would like to think that this is truly significant (in terms of whether Elite views them as models vs. celebs), tbh, it kind of seems like they're just shuffling the ANTM winners around.
    Last edited by My My My; 05-21-2008 at 07:20 PM.

Dax

Finally I saw her CG commercial!

Dax

Jaslene is the face of the store Marianne in Puerto Rico. I don't know if the store is in other places. Just like Dianne C5 she's been featured in the store in a big ad. She looks gorgeous. Unfortunately I can't put the pic.

The thing that bothered me is that i the stores says: Jaslene Gonzalez, America's Next Top Model winner.

^ Do they have a website???
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

Dax

Yes but she's not in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax;3016769;
    Jaslene is the face of the store Marianne in Puerto Rico. I don't know if the store is in other places. J[/I]
    I checked it out and they do have stores in:
    »California
    »Florida
    »Nevada
    »New Jersey
    » Texas
    » U.S. Virgin Islands
    »Puerto Rico - Flagship

Marianne Stores are related to Ashley Stewart but for thinner women.
    Karl is amazing and he’s right. Top Model is a reality show. If you really wanna break it down, well, it’s a show for entertainment. Real models are 14-16-years-old, 5’10” and 115 lbs. America doesn’t wanna see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax;3016769;
    The thing that bothered me is that i the stores says: Jaslene Gonzalez, America's Next Top Model winner.
    That's ultimately why people are questioning her success. The majority of the work she has gotten has either been ANTM-related, local magazines, and stuff in the Latina market. Her success is very exaggerated and she hasn't been even close to reaching that of Elyse, Mollie Sue, and Ann. Her win is still just as much of a joke to me as it was on the show. Almost as if William Hung or Sanjaya won American Idol, or if that man who calls himself "Sex" won So You Think You Can Dance. She still has yet to prove herself as a model to me.
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

I like Jaslene as a person, but she has like ZERO versatility. She cant be anything other than quote on quote 'fierce' (Drag)...
    My favorite contestants (personality & modeling)

Winners-Adrianne, Yoanna, Nicole, Danielle
    Others- Elyse, April, Shandi, Tocarra, Brittany(4), Kahlen, Kim, Joanie, Michelle(7), Natasha, Heather, Jenah, Aimee, Anya

Dax

She has been pretty soft in some of her pictures. In her Metrostyles pictures she was no drag queen at all and neither in the Marianne ads. She didn't have any versatility in the show. I agree about that but post show she has produced some great soft and commercial pics.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;3021947;
    That's ultimately why people are questioning her success. The majority of the work she has gotten has either been ANTM-related, local magazines, and stuff in the Latina market. Her success is very exaggerated and she hasn't been even close to reaching that of Elyse, Mollie Sue, and Ann. Her win is still just as much of a joke to me as it was on the show. Almost as if William Hung or Sanjaya won American Idol, or if that man who calls himself "Sex" won So You Think You Can Dance. She still has yet to prove herself as a model to me.

You have to give credit where credit is due. Jaslene is very successful.
    She has 12 covers, a billboard in time square, she has renewed her contract with cover girl and has an official cover girl commercial running in Europe and Latin America and on Spanish-language channels.

People have to understand that the fashion industry doesn't want to be handed a top model; they want to create a top model.

Jaslene is working a lot (and very hard towards more editorials) and she is proving herself as a model.
    When it comes to the Latin market people need to realize that she was branded the first latina to win ANTM, Do you guys expect Jaslene to be ignored by that market? Honestly

No winner has ever avoided the ANTM branding and association when it comes to most of the Magazines they are on. It's not like she can tell a potential client I'll only work for you if you don't mention ANTM. It just doesn't work that way.

When you are not the winner like Mollie and Elyse you don't have to worry about people tagging you ANTM winner.
    Nicole tried and where is her career now? Dani is trying but you still see work with ANTM winner next to it.

Jaslene is getting a lot of work because she is a good model (Just look at some of her editorial work) and not because she won ANTM, just ask Naima and Caridee.

It's been a year since Jaslene's win and she is still going strong and will continue to get more work

People need to stop hating her for no good reason.
    Last edited by nyc22skinny; 05-26-2008 at 06:20 AM.
    Karl is amazing and he’s right. Top Model is a reality show. If you really wanna break it down, well, it’s a show for entertainment. Real models are 14-16-years-old, 5’10” and 115 lbs. America doesn’t wanna see that.