Thread: Jaslene - Cycle 8

Re: Jaslene - Cycle 8

Quote Originally Posted by emynndajl;2972375;
    ^because her actual bones are small. Short and skinny. So she has a natural petite build. It frustrates me when people see a girl who is skinny and automatically label her anorexic. Some people, like Jaslene are naturally skinny.
    Me, too. I don't throw the word around casually. I was anorexic, so I know calling someone that is serious.

I wouldn't say her bones are small, perse, nor that her height has anything to do with it. But her build, what her body naturally wants to be at, seems to be super skinny. She doesn't have that hollow-eyed look. Her thighs are not the same size as her upper arms. You cannot see her forehead bone.

I don't count skinny upper torso. That usually just means a model is not doing upper body work. My upper torso can get really boney. But the bottom, nah.

It is great seeing ANTM girls getting such good work. I admit I don't like her look from the neck up in close-ups. Just not appealing to me. But she is working her b*** off and showing great drive.

FORT Fogey

I agree about anorexia being tossed around as an insult. It's not funny yet when I look at photos on other websites, you can't see a picture of Jaslene that doesn't have someone saying she's anorexic.

On Facebook, for example, Fatima's pre-show picture when it first came out was up, and someone said she was a starving child. I rolled my eyes and then someone linked to a picture of what a real starving child looks like. And a picture of Chantal was on there in her CG dress which she didn't fill out, and someone commented how she is "so anorexic."

Those comments are said about Jaslene every single day somewhere on the internet. It's kind of sad

The photoshopping could be better, but that's a really good spread. She looks a lot like Omahyra
    Yeah, instead of just looking homeless, itís kind of changed to homeless chic. I dress up my flannel with pearls. -Jenah cycle 9

FORT Regular

oh goodness, those pictures are pretty drag-alicious! but i still love her

God I am so happy Jas won! She is working it and showing everyone she deserves it!
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

FORT Newbie

I didn't call her anorexic.

You can see her ribcage though in her chest, that can't be natural can it?
    If she is naturally that skinny then I suggest she eats a bit more...just my opinion.

Ye! She looks so gorgeous! Best winner!
    We Will Always Love You Anya!
    You Are Our High Fashion Top Model Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Katanya;2974179;
    I didn't call her anorexic.

You can see her ribcage though in her chest, that can't be natural can it?
    If she is naturally that skinny then I suggest she eats a bit more...just my opinion.
    Actually, that part of the body has less fat. That is more of a sign of not working the upper body. I get super skinny looking in that area, too. I do have friends that don't put on weight in that part of their body, but boy, do they pack it on on the lower half (I tend to run thinner upper than lower).

But I would like her with more meat on her, too. I just don't know if her body would like that. And maybe when she is older the weight will come naturally.

I dont' think anyone is saying that you called her anorexic. Others have, though.

It is just the normal skinny-too-skinny debate.

Hot spread! I particularly like the one with her holding pearls and the leopard print dress.

As far as the possible Prada campaign, I've always thought Jaslene was an excellent shoe model. My eyes usually go to her feet to see what she's wearing, and I am NOT a shoe person. But she has great legs and she's so skinny I can see someone being interested in her for high-fashion footwear. As for clothing, I think it depends on the designer. Some prefer particular sizes, and others don't. But I'm happy for her even if it's just a rumor. She's getting steady work.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

She is amazing. Chicago represents!
    Saleisha=Dreamkiller