Thread: Jaslene - Cycle 8

Re: Jaslene - Cycle 8

I'm a fan of Lauren's, but her walk is pretty bad. Hopefully, Jaslene's criticism, which is pretty in line with the harsh modelling criticism Lauren will face if she becomes successful, will only drive Lauren to improve. Tyra is very on point when she says that the world of ANTM is a lot kinder to these girls than the real world. That's what troopers do-- use whatever comments they give you to make you stronger.

But of course we have to wait for the episode to air.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Jaslene better work on the new episode... I hope she makes lauren cry.. that would be so funny. Lauren needs a slap in the face with that runway walk.. marvita too...! ugh!.. anyway... Lauren looks so stupid on the runway.. and hopefully Jaslene be hard on that girl as much as possible.. cause if Lauren happens to win.. which i doubt it... she'll going to face.. so what is better to hear the criticism from Miss Cha Cha Dva, the fabulous diva!.... Loves it...

Jaslene you bette work that bitch out!!... cant wait!

[mod edit] if she makes lauren cry it would be unreasonable! Lauren is so new to the fashion world, she need time to learn!
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-09-2008 at 10:11 AM.
    We Will Always Love You Anya!
    You Are Our High Fashion Top Model Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Iynereh;2831615;
    [mod edit] if she makes lauren cry it would be unreasonable! Lauren is so new to the fashion world, she need time to learn!
    Now now.

I feel like people are totally biased to the whole situation. All Jaslene asks is if Lauren is committed to the modeling world. Not bitching, but constructive criticism. Was she supposed to praise her for something she's not good at?

That and in the modeling world, she doesn't have off time where she can just learn without hearing things she doesn't want to hear. It's not a real situation. You are always a target for critique and you just gotta learn to suck it up and learn from what you are being told.

You also gotta remember that even though ANTM is a thing of its own, it mimics the fashion world and in the fashion world, criticism is given all the time. Especially if you walk like Lauren does.

Jaslene is just giving people tough love. That's the way it is.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-09-2008 at 10:11 AM.
    "Trust me, you'll not forget about me. You will see this face"
    -Fatima.

^Thank you! Basically, Lauren will not be babied in the industry, so why would Jaslene, who was ASKEd to give her opinions on thes e girls try to sugar coat it? That would be stupid, and it's not what she was told to do. Lauren really needs to show that she cares about modelling, because what I see in her is a photogenic girl, who will go back to being an artist or whatever after the show ends. She doesn't care. It comes across in her walk, at her photoshoots, in her interview, everywhere.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-09-2008 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calvinrm;2831185;
    It's just an example of how judgmental Jaslene is. I hate this whole "YOU NEED TO WANT TO BE HERE" thing on ANTM. Jaslene is just very presumptuous and quite obnoxious. Criticizing someone's walk is one thing, but making judgments about their intentions based on the fact that they have a bad walk and lack experience is just plain douchey.
    ITA with this. I think the whole thing has just gone to Jaslene's head. LOT29 is not exactly Prada, dear.

Quote Originally Posted by ax80;2831648;
    Now now.

I feel like people are totally biased to the whole situation. All Jaslene asks is if Lauren is committed to the modeling world. Not bitching, but constructive criticism. Was she supposed to praise her for something she's not good at?
    I don't have a problem with the fact that she was criticizing her, it's the whole stigma of the "YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HERE" crap. Jaslene is one of those contestants who always mouthed off about how much she wanted it, and she expects everyone else to. To critique Lauren's walk is one thing, to pull the "you don't want to be here" card is stupid and juvenile.

I've never said I wanted Lauren babied, or not critiqued, I just don't want Jaslene to judge her based on her own ridiculous idea's on how you have to act on the show. I will restate, to question her intentions based on her walk is just plain presumptuous and silly.
    Let's not forget ourselves good friend
    I am flawed if I'm not free

Quote Originally Posted by calvinrm;2831997;
    I don't have a problem with the fact that she was criticizing her, it's the whole stigma of the "YOU DON'T WANT TO BE HERE" crap. Jaslene is one of those contestants who always mouthed off about how much she wanted it, and she expects everyone else to. To critique Lauren's walk is one thing, to pull the "you don't want to be here" card is stupid and juvenile.

I've never said I wanted Lauren babied, or not critiqued, I just don't want Jaslene to judge her based on her own ridiculous idea's on how you have to act on the show. I will restate, to question her intentions based on her walk is just plain presumptuous and silly.
    Again, I disagree. She does NOT say "you don't want to be here", she says "do you wanna be a model? Because it didnt feel like that". Huge difference. She knows that she wants to be there (I mean or else, she would not have been there). All she is saying is that Lauren's WALK and FACE on the runway made it seem as if she did not want to be there. She does NOT talk about how she is on the show. Jaslene has no motives for being a bitch and she wasn't.

IT WAS JUST A REALITY CHECK FOR LAUREN.

She was asked her opinion obviously and she gave it. I'm assuming that she is the judge for the challenge and she was asked to judge and comment. Nothing wrong with that.

And she might not be a Coco Rocha, Gemma Ward or Lily Donaldson, but she does have more experience (even if it is a commercial line and some runway work). That and most important, she has seen the industry and the fashion world. And the industry is a bitch and you just have to suck it up.

I don't want to take more place or start a discussion so if you want to further discuss this, you are more than welcome to PM me.
    "Trust me, you'll not forget about me. You will see this face"
    -Fatima.

Too add to that, Jaslene may not be booking the jobs that are the cream of the crop, but here is the BIG thing: if Lauren wins, she will be receiving what Jaslene received. That is, management by Elite, the CoverGirl contract, and the title. She knows what Lauren will receive, and more than any other judge, even Tyra herself, Jaslene knows what Lauren will face and what Lauren has to do at Elite and with CoverGirl in this day and age. Even Jenah, who was more laidback, understood this and tried her best in the commercial. That's all I'm thinking Jaslene is asking for. Lauren doesn't have to adjust who she is. She just has to learn to be better and take the hints that will help her.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Again, I disagree. She does NOT say "you don't want to be here", she says "do you wanna be a model? Because it didnt feel like that". Huge difference. She knows that she wants to be there (I mean or else, she would not have been there). All she is saying is that Lauren's WALK and FACE on the runway made it seem as if she did not want to be there. She does NOT talk about how she is on the show. Jaslene has no motives for being a bitch and she wasn't.
    Once again, thank you! Lauren's posture and body language basically say that Tyra&co kidnapped and caged her and are forcing her to participate in these petty callenges, which are so beneath her. This whole thing is basically justification for people to start hating her again, nothing more, because it's not that big a deal. If someone like Heather Kuzmich asked her if she wanted to be there, everyone would agree and praise her for being so quick witted.