Thread: Jaslene - Cycle 8

Re: Jaslene - Cycle 8

Quote Originally Posted by BustaK;2791332;
    What does everyone think Jaslene would be doing if she hadn't ever tried ANTM?

Do you think she would have similar levels of success?

Usually, I think ANTM does more damage than good for its contestants but with Jaslene, I think it gave her that confidence to succeed. I wonder if she would have found that confidence without ANTM?
    Probably not. I read an interview of her's when I really wasn't a fan but she said that she was talking to her agent about ways to make herself look like more of a model than a television personality. Despite being branded, she's done really well for herself and books jobs instead of being a red carpet fixture (i'm looking at you cari bb). She would do a lot better if she went overseas where the antm brand doesn't exist. I think if you work hard in anything, you'll be sucessful and Jaslene exemplifies that.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 02-13-2008 at 02:32 PM.
    Yeah, instead of just looking homeless, itís kind of changed to homeless chic. I dress up my flannel with pearls. -Jenah cycle 9

Quote Originally Posted by ax80;2790787;
    New Jaslene. I love this picture so incredibly much. Call it photoshopped or whatever you want but the girl is working that dress and that pose. She looks so radiant and stunning.

It's on her Elite portfolio as well.

That photo is absolutely AMAZING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BustaK;2791332;
    What does everyone think Jaslene would be doing if she hadn't ever tried ANTM?

Do you think she would have similar levels of success?

Usually, I think ANTM does more damage than good for its contestants but with Jaslene, I think it gave her that confidence to succeed. I wonder if she would have found that confidence without ANTM?
    I agree. Moreover, I think what was holding Jaslene back from getting signed to a good agency was her height. Her ANTM win helped her overcome that barrier. From the amount of post-show work she has gotten, its clear that Elite has a lot of faith in her. I do think Jaslene could do well in other markets - not necessarily Paris or Milan, but Australia (they loved her in C8) and LA would be solid markets for her.

Quote Originally Posted by ax80;2790787;
    New Jaslene. I love this picture so incredibly much. Call it photoshopped or whatever you want but the girl is working that dress and that pose. She looks so radiant and stunning.

It's on her Elite portfolio as well.

One of my favorite Jas photo! Fierce!!
    "You are not even worth it, sweetheart." -Fatima

team anya for the win :) antmislove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArtSciBoy;2792293;
    I agree. Moreover, I think what was holding Jaslene back from getting signed to a good agency was her height. Her ANTM win helped her overcome that barrier. From the amount of post-show work she has gotten, its clear that Elite has a lot of faith in her. I do think Jaslene could do well in other markets - not necessarily Paris or Milan, but Australia (they loved her in C8) and LA would be solid markets for her.
    Oh, let's face it, she will never make it to paris and milan, or even europe for that matter. She could make it in aussie and asia though, because they are not that particular on height requirements. Plus the definition of high fashion there is kinda lenient, so she can pass off as one. Look at yoanna. If yoanna having the classic high fashion look also cannot make it into the europe market, what makes you think that draglene can?
    Don't worry, anya. I still love you

team anya for the win :) antmislove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amazonophile;2791810;
    It is rare but I think this is one of those once in a blue moon situations where ANTM actually helps someone become a real model. .
    That's because if jaslene was not in ANTM, she is nobody and who will book her for runway shows and print work?
    Don't worry, anya. I still love you

Quote Originally Posted by antmislove;2792630;
    Oh, let's face it, she will never make it to paris and milan, or even europe for that matter. She could make it in aussie and asia though, because they are not that particular on height requirements. Plus the definition of high fashion there is kinda lenient, so she can pass off as one. Look at yoanna. If yoanna having the classic high fashion look also cannot make it into the europe market, what makes you think that draglene can?

Well, Yoanna never did have the right measurements from the get go. She has gone down a lot of weight but her face was never new. She's more of a commercial print model anyway. She has a gorgeous face for beauty campaigns.

The thing about Jaslene is her versatility and how much Elite chooses to put her out there. I have noticed how her portfolio has changed there as they have taken a lot of her Seventeen things out and put in a lot more of her editorial and high fashion shoots. I'm not saying that Jaslene making it big is a for sure but I do have faith that she can make it bigger than many other winners of ANTM. I just think that it's just a matter of time and effort. Whether we like it or not she does have a good body for high fashion modeling, an interesting face, a good ability for editorial posing and a good walk. Obviously she needs to adapt her walk and her talent if she is ever gonna make it in other markets but that's something that is up to her and her agency.

I'm not saying that she will be a top model. All I'm saying is that we should give her more credit for her accomplishments after ANTM and less for the "cha cha diva" reality tv character that she played in the show.
    "Trust me, you'll not forget about me. You will see this face"
    -Fatima.

Jaslene's already done print work in Europe for Coloures. It may not be Paris Elle, but it's a start.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Quote Originally Posted by Celestique;2792941;
    Jaslene's already done print work in Europe for Coloures. It may not be Paris Elle, but it's a start.
    Whats that? Can anyone post that?
    And, by the way, where am i able to see her elite portfolio??
    bring janice back. now.

Quote Originally Posted by FanUruguay;2793025;
    Whats that? Can anyone post that?
    And, by the way, where am i able to see her elite portfolio??
    Go to elite model management's site (google it because I'm not sure we are allowed to post links) go under new faces and go to the j section.
    Yeah, instead of just looking homeless, itís kind of changed to homeless chic. I dress up my flannel with pearls. -Jenah cycle 9