Thread: Jaslene - Cycle 8

FORT Regular

No ShowcARD FOR FW 2008 Fashion week new york??

I looked around on elite's site and jaslene isn't there. I saw AustNtm, Alice Burdeu's show card and she has walked in a lot of shows this fashion week including Proenza Schouler!

I heard Dani form Cycle 6 has a ShowCard as well.

Is Jaslene not walking in Fashion Week or doesn't Elite thinks she is high fashion enough and just promoting her for commercial type stuff??

Has she walked???

Re: Jaslene - Cycle 8

She's on the Elite website under NY, I think. Whichever one has Caridee and Saleisha too. I'm looking at her portfolio now.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

FORT Fogey

I've never been a big Jaslene fan. I didn't DISLIKE her but thought other candidates were far suited for the win. But recent pictures are making me wonder if I should change my mind. Girl looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTopmodel;2784551;
    She looks soooo tall in the ones with the blue heels! Which is a great thing to have when you're only 5'7"!
    She's looks super tall, 6'0 even.
    Ugh, if she was actually 6'0, I think I could've tolerated her a lot more during the show.
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

-Alex Perry, AusNTM

Re: No ShowcARD FOR FW 2008 Fashion week new york??

Jaslene does not have a showcard this fashion week. I hope we still see her on some runways though.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 02-07-2008 at 12:12 PM.
    "Trust me, you'll not forget about me. You will see this face"
    -Fatima.

Jaslene is fierce and fabulous! I am liking her!

I havent seen her on the runways yet, just front row at Baby Phat and The Vivienne Tam show. I just hope she doesn't go the Caridee route.

Then again it isn't Jaslene's season. White, tall and willowy is what they were looking for this season, girls like Alice Burdeu.

She might do better Spring/Summer.
    Karl is amazing and he’s right. Top Model is a reality show. If you really wanna break it down, well, it’s a show for entertainment. Real models are 14-16-years-old, 5’10” and 115 lbs. America doesn’t wanna see that.

FORT Regular

[QUOTE=nyc22skinny;2786271;]I havent seen her on the runways yet, just front row at Baby Phat and The Vivienne Tam show. I just hope she doesn't go the Caridee route.

Then again it isn't Jaslene's season. White, tall and willowy is what they were looking for this season, girls like Alice Burdeu.

Hmm, I don't call girls like Jourdan Dunn, Chanel Iman, Kang (the latest winner of fords supermodel of the year contest from korea), and Du Juan tall, white and willowy just to name a few.

Jaslene has a day left of this fashion week!!

Quote Originally Posted by cleogirl82;2786337;
    Hmm, I don't call girls like Jourdan Dunn, Chanel Iman, Kang (the latest winner of fords supermodel of the year contest from korea), and Du Juan tall, white and willowy just to name a few.

Jaslene has a day left of this fashion week!!
    I'm not saying all are white. Asians are really hot right now. And there are not a lot of black girls on the scene. If you look all the shows so far most have just one black token model if any. Not all the shows, but most.
    We have to be honest.

I love Jaslene to death. I think she is the only true High fashion winner to come out the show. She'll be the most successful winner to come out of ANTM. Just look at all her work so far and it hasn't been a year since she's won.
    That being said, I haven't seen any ethnic latin models on the New York runways.

Hopefully, she was on the runway today and may show up in a show tomorrow.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Last edited by nyc22skinny; 02-07-2008 at 08:14 PM.
    Karl is amazing and he’s right. Top Model is a reality show. If you really wanna break it down, well, it’s a show for entertainment. Real models are 14-16-years-old, 5’10” and 115 lbs. America doesn’t wanna see that.

From what Ive heard Jaslene walked in one of the Project Runway finalists shows. Supposedly it was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jillians's.