Page 24 of 375 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaslene - Cycle 8

FORT Fan
    I think one reason that jaslene didn't make it into last season has a lot to do with the characters and individuals that they were looking to put together. Putting Caridee and Jaslene together would have been an overload of personality. what makes ANTM so appealing is the dynamics between the models and how they react

FORT Fan
    I am a little bummed that she's short... I liked her walk last season during the semifinals, even though most fashion shows don't want that type of walk any more; and unlike most, I think the drag queen affectations can work to her advantage -- this season all of a sudden she reminds me of a much more feminized Omahyra, even though Jaslene is probably as skinny as Omahyra. And I thought her promo shot was the best of the bunch, big curly hair and all.

SO... If for the makeover they decided to chop her hair off and go the Omahyra route, that might be pretty cool -- I think she can actually rock that androgyny look, as we already saw with her straight bangs this season that she can do edgy very well.

But ultimately, my guess is that she probably won't win (because of her height); but hopefully this will get her the exposure she needs to get a career out of it.

(Sorry, it's late; my thoughts are not cohesive at all.)

When I first saw Jaslene's pictures, I completely hated her. I didn't remember her from c7, but I thought she was a terrible model. After seeing her on the show, I completely love her!!! She's so much prettier on TV than she was in those promo pics. I love her personality, and her picture was seriously the best out of all of them. I don't think she'll win, because she is a bit short, but I do think she'll go far. One thing that bothers me about her is how skinny she is. It's almost scary to look at her, because we all know she's healthy but I would say 10 pounds would do her good!!!
    "I want to talk good!" ~ Jaslene

Go Renee, Dionne, and Nata!

Quote Originally Posted by FIERCE_Jaslene;2262898;
    She's thin, but she rocks it! She definatley knows how to work it! Love this girl. Can't wait to see next week
    Quote Originally Posted by FIERCE_Jaslene;2263075;
    Latinas are beautiful....it's just our nature
    Quote Originally Posted by dani_g;2264162;
    Jaslene is the hottest chick this season hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asylum-ECT-girl;2264893;
    Her walk is too drag queenish..
    I loved Jaslene`s walk which emphasized the Latina attractive features that (fierceJaslene)has cited. I especially loved this scene where Jaslene is wearing jeans: Jaslene really knows how to take advantage of the backview during posing. I hope she does walks like the one in that scene more often. Personally, I do not see anything "dragqueenish" about her. I do not see how she looks like a guy. The only thing that I am a little bummed about is that she is short. I wish she was taller. Other than that she is beautiful and yes Latinas are beautiful and I am not even a Latino!
    Last edited by amazonophile; 03-05-2007 at 08:55 PM. Reason: spacing error in a sentence punctuation correction
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

Yes, amazonphile! I love your opinions, and agree with you 100%. By the way, I love the pic of Jaslene walking and also the other that shows her sharp beautiful features. I also don't see "drag" as others do. I think she's very feminine and beautiful. Definatley FIERCE, I love this girl and I hope she wins! I am latina, and we need a latina to make it! She can do it! She has proven her talent thus far...
    Last edited by fluff; 03-06-2007 at 01:42 PM. Reason: no need to quote pictures again from post directly above

FORT Fan
    Jaslene is FIERCE....She'll make it far, but will not win due to her height and lack of persona.

Jaslene totally has a drag queen personality. She also has a hard, mannish bone structure.

how tall is she anyone?
    didn't notice that on the show
    shes amazing, i'm in love with her, and this season she seems to be so soft, a REALLY nice kinda kid girl

Quote Originally Posted by Atomix19;2266968;
    how tall is she anyone?
    She seems to be 5'7, which is below what Elite requires 16+ yos to be.

Jaslene in fatigues

I loved the opening scene which among other things showed Jaslene in fatigues and sleeveless shirt. This is one of her best pics IMO:
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).