Thread: Jaslene - Cycle 8

Re: Jaslene - Cycle 8

Quote Originally Posted by Celestique;2420795;
    Well, the girls being jealous of her might've been true. She's been called twice first, and even post-show, people said she was a good model and Renee said she saw Jaslene as her stiffest competition. That's just the way competition works sometimes. All the girls, Natasha, Renee, Jaslene made those type of comments ("I'm the best", "she's weak"), so I wouldn't peg one and not the other.

I actually thought Natasha's arrogance was funnier, with the constant "I know I am doing the best" (big smile).
    I agree, the whole final 3 was arrogant. They all at one point said they're the best, Natasha saying that ALL the time. I think Natasha's arrogance was the worst of the final 3. It was really annoying.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Celestique;2420795;
    Well, the girls being jealous of her might've been true. She's been called twice first, and even post-show, people said she was a good model and Renee said she saw Jaslene as her stiffest competition. That's just the way competition works sometimes. All the girls, Natasha, Renee, Jaslene made those type of comments ("I'm the best", "she's weak"), so I wouldn't peg one and not the other.

I actually thought Natasha's arrogance was funnier, with the constant "I know I am doing the best" (big smile).

Exactly, which shouldn't make a difference at all. If you're going into a competition to win it, obviously you make the assumption that you are the best. Why go into a competition hoping to do just okay? With that being said, How a person comes off is completely subjective, so making conclusions from one episode of Jaslene on ANTM isn't valid evidence.

Obviously the people that don't like Jaslene are going to say she's arrogant while the people that like her are going to say that she is just really confident. That's the nature of reality tv, so there is no use debating over real people's characteristics from television shows, because people's opinions will NEVER CHANGE.

Haha, but you see renee and natasha have the right to be cocky since they had definite model potential from the start
    What the hell was this 5'7 drag queen thinking saying she's the best? Lol
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;2420837;
    Haha, but you see renee and natasha have the right to be cocky since they had definite model potential from the start
    When did being cocky and arrogant become a right? Anyone can be arrogant, obviously.

As I said before, Everything is subjective, from modeling potential to personality. There are successful models in the industry that many people believe should not be there at all, so as long as a client likes you, it doesnt matter if you have "modeling potential" or not.

I have seen comments saying that Renee has wrinkly leathery skin, Natasha has no neck whatsoever, and Jaslene has too harsh a bone structure. Definite "modeling potential" from these three contestants? Oh please. If "modeling potential" is the prerequisite for being arrogant in ANTM, this final three should all shut the hell up. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;2420837;
    It's all about opinions. I think Jaslene has great modeling potential, and so what if she's a drag queen? Well, first of all she's not, and even if she was who said a masculine looking girl can't be a model?

I guess some people didn't pick up that I was joking
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

Let's keep this discussion to Jaslene, not other posters. Thanks.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by A11Y7;2420820;
    I agree, the whole final 3 was arrogant. They all at one point said they're the best, Natasha saying that ALL the time. I think Natasha's arrogance was the worst of the final 3. It was really annoying.
    It wasn't that everyone was saying they were the best. That is to be expected. It is picking ONE person and dragging them down. J needs to learn -- as do most humans on this planet -- tact. Saying "I'm the best." "This was mine." "Of course I won." "I knew at the final two I was the winner." All of these still convey the same message but does not seek to bring down another person so directly. Even saying "I knew that I could beat Natasha because I have the look ANTM needs" is kinder. It read as if she was trying to hurt someone's feelings or discount their work. Saying who you thought was your main competition is fine.

But then again, it is a lot easier to look bad when it is in print or on tape. Kinda hard to forget when you can replay it or read it over and over.

You don't have to be "America's Next Top Friend," but you can still be civil AND confident.

OH well. No one is perfect. It's not like she - or anyone else - physically harmed anyone. I'm sure all the models will survive each other's comments. As will all of us.
    Last edited by Allie; 05-27-2007 at 03:15 PM. Reason: thought of something else to add!

I think Jaslene was civil. She said it in her confessionals, for the most part. Same with Natasha. Renee was probably the most opinionated one, who made some of the most snide remarks. If Jaslene has to learn tact, she's not the only one. She's been gracious in most of her interviews post-show so I really see no issue with it anymore.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Americas Next Top Model 9 Cookiez's Avatar

OMGZZZ!~~

Jas has some funky, modelesque pics up on WireImage, so can someone please post!
    The future of fashion, America's Next Top Model