Thread: Jaslene - Cycle 8

"What it do, Shawty." vanishiwa's Avatar

Re: Jaslene - Cycle 8

I heard that interview when Natasha was surprised that Jaslene said that. Maybe the media just creates a big buzz about that. I actually heard Jaslene's interview, she didn't said, "It was just Natasha" but she said, "It was just me and Natasha". See the difference? But on the other things Jaslene said, I smell a bit of arrogance where in fact, Natasha almost made it to the top. And because of that, I was a bit turned-off by Jaslene. She shouldn't have shown that kind of attitude, because Natasha didn't do anything wrong to her. In fact, Natasha's really nice to her, and she's even happy for her on being the ANTM winner. On the show, when there were only 4 girls left, and the 3 (Jaslene, Renee, Dionne) went out, Dionne and Renee thinks that Natasha might be going home, but Jaslene said, "I don't think so. She has improved a lot." You just can see who the real person is and who's phony.
    "I don't have a bad attitude!" - Tiffany
    - I just love that line and how she said that. haha.

the thing is, in every interview past antm she seemed to be so grounded, a little janice (read CRAZY), but she seemed really respectful to all the other girls, and when she said something good about herself she didn't compared to another girl (something like "i had a fierce walk" instead of "i had a better walk than anyone else"), something just don't seem right on that interview.

I was thinking, do you think, portfolio-wise, that Jaslene benefited from being on C8 in stead of 7?

She got her nude picture from C7, one of the few good shoots, but I think that there are more portfoilio usable shoots in C8. So do you agree with me, did her portfolio benefit from her not being selected for C7?

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2418653;
    I was thinking, do you think, portfolio-wise, that Jaslene benefited from being on C8 in stead of 7?

She got her nude picture from C7, one of the few good shoots, but I think that there are more portfoilio usable shoots in C8. So do you agree with me, did her portfolio benefit from her not being selected for C7?
    definitely, but it's like trying to picture melrose with some C8 photoshoots, i don't know if she would have done as good just because c7 had the most high fashion girls, VERY tall girls and Jaslene is 5'7 (or 5'8, which is still short for me since theres not much of a difference), for her to win i think this was the right cycle because it had some of the weakest girls yet (and yet all of them had a least a good shot), very confusing i know.

I don't think she was being mean to Natasha. She was just pointing out the obvious.

Renee, Caridee light, didn't belong on the show though either. I think Jaslene was just trying to say nice things about Renee.
    Last edited by Lizard; 05-25-2007 at 09:56 AM.

Katarzyna & Anya: Final 2 willl's Avatar

Those pics on Page 147.. *sigh* I have to admit she does look great. She looks like a model.
    She's growing on me.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett1616;2418378;
    Someone showed Natasha the interview and Natasha was pretty surprised. She said her and Jaslene became really close in their last week together and they have even called each other after the show was over so she was surprised she would say something like that.
    Even if it is true, whats the point in saying it?
    Their is no point, its just rude really.
    Jaslene is cocky and fake, no offense to her fans, just imo.
    No surprise about that, Jaslene is fake. One week she wanted Renee to go home and said that her family is is the zoo, and the other week they are best friends.

And about Jaslene's place: I just said that she needs to respect other people if she wants to be respected.

Americas Next Top Model 9 Cookiez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topolino;2418980;
    No surprise about that, Jaslene is fake. One week she wanted Renee to go home and said that her family is is the zoo, and the other week they are best friends.

And about Jaslene's place: I just said that she needs to respect other people if she wants to be respected.
    Um...maybe things change...
    I think people are seeing things as if we see everything that happened that week in one tinsy hour, which is wrong.

Jaslene is no fake, who knows what REALLY happened, Natasha could've dropped a nuclear bomb in the house that they didn't put on the episode?

My point is that things could go from one thing to another with out us knowing, and we just can't suspect that someone is being fake to another person just because we don't see them reconcile or any other key event in their relationship.

OMGz, hope that made sense.
    The future of fashion, America's Next Top Model

--

It seems pretty apparent to me that the primary reason for Jaslene's win was that she was a different ethnicity than other winners of the past and had an accent, mostly because there are I can only think of a few jobs she could've possibly had a chance of booking if she hadn't won this show. Obviously, Tyra and the producers are trying to send out a message to the young girls watching this show, "inspire" them to not give up (or whatever Jaslene's backstory was supposed to be), but I really don't think they thought about the message they're putting out very well. Jaslene was the thinnest girl on this cycle, probably one of the thinnest ever. It's a huge contradiction with Tyra's whole campaign about not having a "perfect" body, with her attempt to make young people realize it's okay to not be super model thin. I don't think that's something great to be putting out there, another skin-and-bones girl, when many of the viewers are looking up to the winner specifically because of the way they edit the show to try to make the younger watchers want to be just like the winner. And it makes Tyra look like a damn fool anyway, promoting two things at one time, whether they're promoted directly or subliminally.
    Giselle: I need to build some frickin' confidence! How do I do that?
    Elyse: You .. get out of puberty.

FORT Fogey

...I like my skin and bone models....Sorry i do not scary thin like my Vlada a couple of season ago but perfect thin

And as for the message thing who cares about a message as long as a girl with good pictures and personality wins they are ok with me