Thread: Jaslene - Cycle 8

FORT Newbie

Re: Jaslene - Cycle 8

No, it just means that her personality fit the storyline for this cycle better than the last one. They knew she could win the first time around but wanted someone else to win because maybe it was time for a blond and not for a Latina. But now, America is ready for another "other" winner.

I mean, there are a bunch of writers for this show and at least ONE of them must pay atention to the news, the political discussions on immigration and the "latino" community becoming the new non-white majority. Also having natasha, accent and all, on the show at all, then in the final two, couldn't have happend until now. People are more ready now to accept the constantly changing, growing melting pot that America is (like Natasha so nicely said) and, btw, has been since Christopher Columbus and other European conquistadors.

Just like they asked Nargis to come back and audition for cycle 3 (even though they didn't pick her the second time around), they asked Jaslene to come back for another try, because they liked her. It was her time, that's all. Not a better or worse model than last season; just a better fit for the REALITY SHOW.

Katarzyna & Anya: Final 2 willl's Avatar

Ugh. Worst winner EVER.

Whatever. Renee should've won.

Woo Hoo!! I'm so glad Jaslene won I really like her pictures and I loved her personality in spite of what the judges thought; I figured she was trying to be professional and lest not forget how nerves play a role in all of this. I think she did a good job.............good call Ms. Banks
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Quote Originally Posted by accentmama;2399030;
    No, it just means that her personality fit the storyline for this cycle better than the last one. They knew she could win the first time around but wanted someone else to win because maybe it was time for a blond and not for a Latina. But now, America is ready for another "other" winner.

I mean, there are a bunch of writers for this show and at least ONE of them must pay atention to the news, the political discussions on immigration and the "latino" community becoming the new non-white majority. Also having natasha, accent and all, on the show at all, then in the final two, couldn't have happend until now. People are more ready now to accept the constantly changing, growing melting pot that America is (like Natasha so nicely said) and, btw, has been since Christopher Columbus and other European conquistadors.
    Just like they asked Nargis to come back and audition for cycle 3 (even though they didn't pick her the second time around), they asked Jaslene to come back for another try, because they liked her. It was her time, that's all. Not a better or worse model than last season; just a better fit for the REALITY SHOW.
    i couldnt have said it better myself. we've only seen blacks & whites represent. having jaslene win means that brown people are part of america, too. its so much easier for little hispanic girls to identify & empower themselves with. it's a win-win situation.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-17-2007 at 02:18 PM.
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

Quote Originally Posted by TNKY;2399012;
    No disrespect to cycle 7's contestants, but Jaslene should have been in that roster. I remembered her in those introduction episodes more than a few of the girls who made it to the final 13. I think Jaslene making it this year shows that the producers made a huge mistake on letting her go the first time and they tried to make up for it this year.
    Supposedly, she wasn't picked last year because she failed some psychological tests (the show can't allow someone who might be mentally unstable on) and that's the reason why Jaslene went to a therapist.

I'm glad Jaslene won, she's great for what ANTM is.

I was wondering why she didn't make it last year. Well, I'm glad she came back not only to prove herself, but persevere. Plus since her and Caridee are full of personality, and they really liked Cari, Tyra and co. would probably compare them a LOT.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

I think Jaslene is beautiful.

She'll do just fine.

http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/gen-galler...96-500x632.jpg

I really don't like the knee in her full length shot in the winner portfolio. It really accenuates her bony-ness (not skinny.ness, bony-ness) It would have been much better without that knee sticking out.

Yeah I think she's pretty too. Whether or not she has a huge jaw line, looks like a drag queen and blah blah blah, I wish her all the best.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BustaK;2399128;
    Supposedly, she wasn't picked last year because she failed some psychological tests (the show can't allow someone who might be mentally unstable on) and that's the reason why Jaslene went to a therapist.

I'm glad Jaslene won, she's great for what ANTM is.
    It sounds that Jaslene is a bit of crazy or psychic. I remembered Tyra said she is a girl that must to have this title, otherwise, she will ....(I don't know but Jaslene will go suicide...)

OK, I would like to say to Tyra, you saved her life.