Thread: Jaslene - Cycle 8

Re: Jaslene - Cycle 8

eh. Yoanna was the only winner I ever agreed with in any season. Jaslene isn't the worst ever picked. That goes to Eva or Naima.
    In this life you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant...I recommend pleasant.

Jaslene's also in my top 3 winners, along with Danielle and Caridee. I liked Eva, and was okay with Naima. Wasn't feeling Nicole, Adrianne, or Yoanna.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

I think Renee should have won.
    Jaslene is so skinny.
    And in my eyes not a model sorry.

FORT Fanatic

I have to disagree and say that Jaslene is one of the best, if not the best winner the show has discovered. Her photos were some of the best ever on the show. Never has a girl started so strong right off the bat. Seeing her first photo, I predicted her as the winner and I'm glad she didn't fizzle out like a few contestants do. Her crazy Latina barrio girl in the hood personality is something that is marketable and can be used to create an image for her. Plus, she has a storyline about second chances and going for your dream. And she can be cross-marketed in English language and Spanish language arenas. Her runway walk was fierce and she has the drive to make it. In the end, Natasha just couldn't compare. She didn't have the assets that Jaslene brought. Natasha may have gotten there in a year's time, but Jaslene was there now. Fashion doesn't wait. You have to be good now and Jaslene was a cut above the rest.

I cant believe she won after the Judges saying that shes just been the same through out the whole competition, and hasent really grown any.

FORT Fanatic

Since it's been discussed, the worst winner was Nicole. I didn't even remember she won until someone mentioned her. She completely blended in the background and had no star power. They must have looked for someone who was safe and neutral that year as she wasn't ready yet to be a top model.

Jaslene was a good pick! I’m anxious to see what she can accomplish.

I think the worst picks were in Seasons 4 & 5. Naima and Nicole, I couldn't even think of Nicole's name until I looked at the posting above. They were both the total pits.

I wanted Nata to win, but I was pretty sure that Jaslene would. Her protoshoots are good indeed.

The only thing that I don't get is that last cycle Jaslene was not even picked to be one of the 13 girls, and now she won this cycle. Does that mean that last cycle winner is better than her?

FORT Fanatic

No disrespect to cycle 7's contestants, but Jaslene should have been in that roster. I remembered her in those introduction episodes more than a few of the girls who made it to the final 13. I think Jaslene making it this year shows that the producers made a huge mistake on letting her go the first time and they tried to make up for it this year.

I am so happy that Jaslene won, She deserves it!