Thread: Jaslene - Cycle 8

Re: Jaslene - Cycle 8

you could put a drama for Jaslene for being a poor girl who was abused as a child and held herself to a only dream of becoming something and putting all her heart and effort into this, a chance she refused to let go that tyra could see that.
    but again, a drama could be set up for anyone, i agree shes not the biggest natural model, but in all honesty, the final 3 are far from being that, Natasha just doesn't look like a model in person, but she has a amazing personality, and you could apply that to Jaslene too, but both of them have been working hard to become what they are on pictures, and you can see that evolution by every week, could be not enough but it's enough for Tyra i guess.
    even if shes desperate to be a tall model she could use part of her money as a covergirl to have a surgery to gain height (i read about this couple of months ago, it's a easy process that gives you something like 2-4 inches, VERY expensive and you have to run a lot of tests to see if you can do such thing and if you really want to do it)
    but this that i just said is completely absurd and i don't think she could or should do it, mostly because if she won, it's because they liked her just the way she is, and if it doesn't work the same way in the real fashion industry then she should sit with most of the winners.

flfloic i agree with what you said and what really make me root for her is just the person that she is really, everyone has its favourites and i see something special in her, and i see something different in her look, if it's going to work just time will tell, i know that shes is not giving up like 90% of the girls that gone into antm, i think even without sucess she will be the "melrose type". i think all 3 of them could do great things, but not as a model, Renee is gorgeous, but i think she can be too avarage at times, Natasha has such a pretty face, but shes not so proportional, shes not short (if shes really 8.5) but i don't know if its the hair, she looks like a actress to me, and Jaslene that can look awful and gorgeous depending how she presents herself, and a supermodel looks incredible even when shes ugly, is just special and you can't really compare her to anyone. and i think they lack that.

she deserves it because she`s the best contestant here. she`s been the best since the beginning.
    "And yes, I still walk like this, all day, everyday." - Jaslene, Cycle 8.
    "I don't feel like it's a modeling competition anymore, I feel like it's a f***ing personality competition, and that pisses me off." - Jenah, Cycle 9.
    *MySpace*

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jr.;2388769;
    she deserves it because she`s the best contestant here. she`s been the best since the beginning.
    actually Brittany was technically the best until the go sees.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by flfloic;2387143;
    I do agree her style had changed from the beginning of the show to this moment, it's a good thing for her but her *changes* are not enough to make her a top model IMO. It's the truth that Jaslene worked hard to stay in the competition, but when it comes to comparison with other models who can carry natural beauty like NeNe and Nata, her work just doen't work.

I whole heartedly agree.

I think it's a miracle that she hasn't been in the bottom two
    I think she sucks
    Her work is poorly.
    Her two first photos are strong, but the rest is blah, even the swimsuit, it's nothing compared to natashas or renees.

FORT Fogey

I think she looks a little bit like t-bag of Prison Break in the last shoot...

she looks like a DQ. (drag queen )
    she doesn't seem like the girl who wins to me.
    well nata is =]]
    Jenah is the true topmodel!

In the montage that was posted, she actually looks quite good with bangs. Why didn't she keep it? It softens her look and makes her less 'pissed off' looking.

FORT Fogey

I dont find Jaslene pretty at all in person but in pictures, she's gorgeous and does take the best photos but I love me some Natasha, dont know why just do.
    Jessica

she's so pretty and her fans arent bitter & full of rage. i think anger & rage are definite signs of instabilitry & insecurity.
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC