Page 54 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 1428

Thread: Brittany - Cycle 8

  1. #531
    NTM Fanatic My My My's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    218

    Re: Brittany - Cycle 8

    Quote Originally Posted by taffina;2337032;
    We did not see the process of her making that very short CG spot on their website, and we saw all of two seconds of Brittany during the acting challenge. So who knows what happened.
    Why would Jay need to give Jael another chance at her death photoshoot, the girls already get FIFTY chances. Jay was more sympathetic to Jael however, and I think that is what has bothered a few posters....his tone with Brittany and his dismissive remark.
    Having a physical impairment is a little more challenging than being upset, even if its over a friends death.
    I did acknowledge that if she had forgotten lines in the acting challenge, they weren't shown to us.

    I'm not saying he should have given Jael a re-shoot, what I meant is that Mr. Jay has shown before that he can be "unsympathetic" to a contestant's circumstances so it's not out of the ordinary for him not to be sympathetic this time around, for better or worse. I would not underestimate the emotional pain of losing someone. As for Brittany's memory loss, as I've said, we've seen that she has eventually been able to do fine. The CG video being short does not reflect how long it took to film (presumably given cue cards she was able to do it, I don't think they made her ad lib). Similarly, the commercial isn't filmed in two minutes even though the show edits it down to look like the girl are not given much time and they're giving her cue cards.

    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS;2337039;
    Those really aren't the same, with it being a challenge there's no real specific way as to how to do it in the case of the acting. Mostly because its just for an award you'll get, the commercial is the same as a photoshoot in which there's a specific way they want it done and if you don't do it you'll get ciriticized.
    That's why I said it's probably more about her being nervous.
    Last edited by My My My; 04-18-2007 at 02:13 PM.

  2. #532
    26.2, baby! Allie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Brittany - Cycle 8

    I just watched the preview on Yahoo and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was only a bit of dialogue, and it seemed as if Mr. Jay's reaction did not upset Brit. In fact, she seemed to acknowledge that she needed to work through it. She was just explaining WHY she was so nervous. I reserve the right to rip him a new one if he seems really mean once I watch the entire episode, however.

  3. #533
    FORT Fan HolyMacaroni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    201

    Re: Brittany - Cycle 8

    lol, go Allie

    Also, in her CG makeup spot, she didn't have Jay there to pack on the pressure. I am sure that being scared, nervous, or upset would only compound her memory problem. She wouldn't be able to focus. Other people throughout the cycles have gotten sympathy for much less. That is one reason I am mad.

  4. #534
    NTM Fanatic My My My's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    218

    Re: Brittany - Cycle 8

    Quote Originally Posted by HolyMacaroni;2337276;
    Other people throughout the cycles have gotten sympathy for much less. That is one reason I am mad.
    Like who? The only person on this show who has had a disability was Amanda in season 3. Her blindness was more of a potential detriment to her overall performance than Brittany's memory and, IIRC, they never gave her any leeway.

    With Michelle's impetigo, she had to use a doll (which had its own downside, imo) instead of one of the kids for safety purposes. The panel didn't give her any sympathy.

  5. #535
    What? taffina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Brittany - Cycle 8

    I do not think anybody thinks Brittany should be allowed to get a free pass for sucking on the commercial or be told she doesn't have to do it, so I'm not sure what your point is by saying nobody gave Amanda any leeway.

    I think some people just have an issue with the way he says "ooookay" when she tells him she was hit by a car, the tone was as if he's thinking "yea, so what?"

    I personally do not have an issue with him on the preview....just for the record.
    Last edited by taffina; 04-18-2007 at 05:03 PM.

  6. #536
    Chantal Doa14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    413

    Re: Brittany - Cycle 8

    I'm nervous Britt will be in the bottom 2 (bad commercial), but there is no way she is going.

  7. #537
    What? taffina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Brittany - Cycle 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Doa14;2337494;
    I'm nervous Britt will be in the bottom 2 (bad commercial), but there is no way she is going.

    I hope she stays........keep faith!

  8. #538
    FORT Regular seething's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    67

    Re: Brittany - Cycle 8

    If her short term memory is really that bad I'm sure she'll still have a great career just not as a SPOKESmodel... I'm not worried

  9. #539
    NTM Fanatic My My My's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    218

    Re: Brittany - Cycle 8

    Quote Originally Posted by taffina;2337489;
    I do not think anybody thinks Brittany should be allowed to get a free pass for sucking on the commercial or be told she doesn't have to do it, so I'm not sure what your point is by saying nobody gave Amanda any leeway.
    I'm just expressing my opinion that Mr. Jay has never gone any easier than one girl or another in how he has "sympathized". That is my point.

  10. #540
    26.2, baby! Allie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington state
    Age
    48
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Brittany - Cycle 8

    Quote Originally Posted by taffina;2337489;
    I do not think anybody thinks Brittany should be allowed to get a free pass for sucking on the commercial or be told she doesn't have to do it, so I'm not sure what your point is by saying nobody gave Amanda any leeway.

    I think some people just have an issue with the way he says "ooookay" when she tells him she was hit by a car, the tone was as if he's thinking "yea, so what?"

    I personally do not have an issue with him on the preview....just for the record.
    His "ooookay" could have also meant. "Where did that come from?" as if he was suprised about the serious accident and having short-term memory loss.

    And slightly off topic, the brain injury can explain why people say she cries so much. Sudden emotion, memory loss, even a totally different personality can crop up when that happens. I've seen it before.

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 04-18-2007, 12:02 PM
  2. 04-18-2007, 11:49 AM
  3. 04-18-2007, 11:25 AM
  4. 04-18-2007, 11:08 AM
  5. 04-18-2007, 09:00 AM
  6. 04-18-2007, 01:38 AM
  7. 04-18-2007, 01:33 AM
  8. 04-18-2007, 01:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.