Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4393133134135136137138139140141142143
Results 1,421 to 1,428 of 1428

Thread: Brittany - Cycle 8

Re: Brittany - Cycle 8

well i don't...so .
    i think her fans exaggerate her success...big time.
    time will tell who is more successful
    Last edited by taffina; 05-10-2008 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by taffina;2983432;
    Having higher caliber work means being more successful..IMO.
    A model can work more, but so what if it's doing cheesy low end work...to me that's not really a success story. Most models have a goal of working with the big names, or on higher caliber modeling jobs. Models also see success as getting coveted jobs within the industry.
    Brittany is not there yet, but she is doing more of that kind of work than Jas.
    QUALITY not QUANTITY.
    Jas is all about the niche latina market and is still very much tied to ANTM...most of her appearances and work are a result of being the winner, and most of her jobs mention her as "ANTM" winner.
    Brittany is getting modeling work on her own..not due to be associated as the ANTM winner.
    That means when the stink of this show wears off of Jas..I don't think she'll be working that much anymore.
    Where Brittany/Corrine is building a serious portfolio.
    Quirky or not, I think Brittany is miles superior to Jaslene when it comes to modeling...especially editoral stuff.
    Well, just because her stuff was from France doesn't necessarily make it of good quality. Like I said, the shots we have seen are for a hair magazine and some sort of fashion magazine. The rest are just test shots. I mean, her portfolio on Beatrice hasn't been updated in a long time now.

And I feel it's sort of inaccurate to say that Jaslene is only what she because of the Latino market. I mean, an ethnic minority in the fashion world is going to have help from ones like her because they know how hard it is to make it. Besides, asides from her Latina cover and her Urban Latino cover, she has done other work that is not in her "niche".

One has to admit that it's a lot easier for Mollie Sue or Bittany to make it through just because white it's more "normal" to hire a white model than a latino, asian or black model because that it is the look unless you have a real fresh face or have made a name for yourself out there. That's just the fashion world.

Don't get me wrong, I sort of get the feeling that Corinne/Brittany could get as much work as Mollie and of high fashion quality. All I'm saying is that she is not as succesful yet.
    Success is measured on how well you put yourself out there. Okey, she got signed here and there but so did many ANTM models and got nowhere. In the fashion world, success is measured by who you got shot by, who styled you, who you modeled for, how many editorials you have and how many covers, just to name a few.
    "Trust me, you'll not forget about me. You will see this face"
    -Fatima.

I love Brit and her look is perfect for fashion.
    Just wondering if Brit did S/S 08 in Milan why didn't she book any shows for F/W 08-09??? Could it still be her walk?
    I'm sure she could of booked some shows for lesser known designers like Sinibaldi.
    Hopefully her walk will improve more by S/S 09. Then maybe we'll see her again in (Milan).
    New York and Paris too, who knows? I just don't ever expect her to walk for any top designers.
    Karl is amazing and he’s right. Top Model is a reality show. If you really wanna break it down, well, it’s a show for entertainment. Real models are 14-16-years-old, 5’10” and 115 lbs. America doesn’t wanna see that.

I am, and was always, a big big Brittany fan, but she doesn't seem very successful to me. I feel like she comes from a cycle of very few successful competitors. I mean, does anyone from that cycle really get any legitimate work, apart from Jaslene, who won? Anyone?
    Katarzyna/Anya for president!

^ i think Samantha ... she works in Asia ..
    Lauren FanARTic - "I reallllyyy miss Lauren "

"..distilled into one 95-pound, doe-eyed, bon mot tossing, label-whoring package of girlie evil"

Quote Originally Posted by nicfreakz;2992111;
    ^ i think Samantha ... she works in Asia ..
    Oh, right! I've seen a lot of Samantha work. Good for her!

yeahh ... pretty good for someone who eliminated second in her cycle ...

btw, i miss Brit !
    Lauren FanARTic - "I reallllyyy miss Lauren "

"..distilled into one 95-pound, doe-eyed, bon mot tossing, label-whoring package of girlie evil"

I miss Brit, too! She was never that pretty in person, I didn't think, and her walk was like something out of Dante's Inferno, but by god if she didn't take the most stunning pictures. Really, I think she's one of the most photogenic girls ever to have been on the show - particularly in proportion to her appearance out of shoots.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-18-2007, 12:02 PM
  2. 04-18-2007, 11:49 AM
  3. 04-18-2007, 11:25 AM
  4. 04-18-2007, 11:08 AM
  5. 04-18-2007, 09:00 AM
  6. 04-18-2007, 01:38 AM
  7. 04-18-2007, 01:33 AM
  8. 04-18-2007, 01:10 AM