Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ANTM 8 starts Feb. 28th on CWTV

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS;2212072;
    In what way? It's like Tyra doesn't want the show to have any relevance.
    Well, the show obviously lost all of its credibility with cycle 7...now, it'll just be fun and interesting to watch. Pure entertainment. It's not a modeling competition at all anymore.

FORT Fan
    ah too too early. IMO having one season a year (ausntm?) is much more sensible. That way, it's easier to reflect on which winners really take off and who just stayed stale. Cari's time as antm is much shorter than say Adrienne's or Yoanna's. I think that's unfair. Even Dani had a longer run than Cari will.

Mark my words, the blonde one with the thin nose will win.

FORT Fogey
    I don't think Tyra would let two blondes win in a row. Unfortunately I think a plus-size girl will take the title.

FORT Newbie
    ahh i cannot wait. i really want the cw site to update. then we'd really see what the girls look like! and their audition tapes maybe?

I'm a straight guy! BLaNKoBoRiQuA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2212074;
    Well, the show obviously lost all of its credibility with cycle 7...now, it'll just be fun and interesting to watch. Pure entertainment. It's not a modeling competition at all anymore.
    I dont want to stir anything up, but ive been hearing that alot and I havent yet heard a legitiment reason as to why this is not a "modeling competition" anymore.
    BLaNKo112 FoR LyFe!!!!!!!

Americas Next Top Model 9 Cookiez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLaNKoBoRiQuA;2212724;
    I dont want to stir anything up, but ive been hearing that alot and I havent yet heard a legitiment reason as to why this is not a "modeling competition" anymore.
    I sort of agree with both of you, but antm differs from a modelling competition because of the issues of relevance to the real fashion world,the way they pick contestants and obviously the photoshoots and runway set-ups they have; not to mention the fairness and the main focus on drama.
    But it is called "America's Next Top Model", and the objective is to win the przes, that will launch your career; so I'm on the fence.
    The future of fashion, America's Next Top Model

I'm a straight guy! BLaNKoBoRiQuA's Avatar
    I think this competition is to put these women into shape. Alot of peopel say that this is not a modeling competition because of the "crazy photoshoots" I believe Tyra puts them in those crazy costumes and senery to help them step into a character and build up some vulnerability because if your a model and your on a photoshoot they want some emotion out of you. I think the proper term to call it is "Model bootcamp" because all of the crazy things they are doing in the competition is going to be beneficial to them, maybe not so much in there portfolios but the tests they get is to help them build up their portfolios in the future, outside of the competition.
    BLaNKo112 FoR LyFe!!!!!!!

FORT Fogey
    For me, it's like a modeling competition with everyday people who have just a tiny bit of potential.

^^I agree for the most part 68% of the girls have been a personality cast!