Page 137 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3787127128129130131132133134135136137138 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1377

Thread: ANTM Top 10

  1. #1361
    Leiden 4 AusNTM! LedZepForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,467

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by duckiies;3021905;
    I thought Heather's elimination was fair. She was great in the beginning but she was slowly going down after the video week. I did not like her burning car shot at all and her commercial was a mess, and if she can't impress a designer how is she going to meet with agencies and get signed easily? Although Bianca should have left the week she was eliminated. Go-see win or not, her picture was awful.
    And really the only reason why she won the go-sees was becaquse everyone was late except her and Saleisha. Big deal, clients liked her better than Tootie.

    I thought Heather's elimination was at least justified, but I really thought Brittany's elimination was a set-up. I truly wouldn't have been surprised if the judges made up the whole thing about Brittany not being booked. I hate to play the race card, but I thought they were really just trying to keep Dionne to satisfy demographics. Dionne was so clearly below he rest of the pack and that go-see excuse would have been the only thing that would have justified keeping Dionne (or Jaslene). There had never been a final four without a Black girl, and Dionne had to make it. I thought every other girl served a purpose. It's just a shame because Brittany was the true model of cycle 8.
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

  2. #1362
    x guii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,046

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;3021936;
    I thought Heather's elimination was at least justified, but I really thought Brittany's elimination was a set-up. I truly wouldn't have been surprised if the judges made up the whole thing about Brittany not being booked. I hate to play the race card, but I thought they were really just trying to keep Dionne to satisfy demographics. Dionne was so clearly below he rest of the pack and that go-see excuse would have been the only thing that would have justified keeping Dionne (or Jaslene). There had never been a final four without a Black girl, and Dionne had to make it. I thought every other girl served a purpose. It's just a shame because Brittany was the true model of cycle 8.
    I always agree with these race comments, but I don't think it was the case. I think they just wanted some reason to send Brittany home because she was bland with no presence.

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;3021759;
    Lauren and Heather aren't on this list because of their amazing portfolios.

    As for Anchal presenting herself better than Heather or Lauren, not really. Remember that panel challenge where she got really nervous and then just ran out? Heather or Lauren may have been awkward, but at least they never ran out. And plus, Heather and Lauren at least learned throughout the show. Anchal really only got worse and one has to wonder, if she had this many issues, did she really belong on this modeling reality show?
    I disagree with you on that. Anchal had A LOT better communicate skills than Heather and Lauren togheter. Anchal also had a great portfolio, Lauren's and Heather's portfolio are both overrated.

    and Anchal also was in a season when they had panel challenges, cycle 8, 9 and 10 are just about pictures... I would like to see Heather and/or Lauren doing that panel challenge about walking with that extremely high shoe or with the "swirl". (both from cycle 6)
    I'll miss Alamela.

  3. #1363
    Leiden 4 AusNTM! LedZepForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,467

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by guii;3021948;
    I always agree with these race comments, but I don't think it was the case. I think they just wanted some reason to send Brittany home because she was bland with no presence.



    I disagree with you on that. Anchal had A LOT better communicate skills than Heather and Lauren togheter. Anchal also had a great portfolio, Lauren's and Heather's portfolio are both overrated.

    and Anchal also was in a season when they had panel challenges, cycle 8, 9 and 10 are just about pictures... I would like to see Heather and/or Lauren doing that panel challenge about walking with that extremely high shoe or with the "swirl". (both from cycle 6)
    Anchal had a great portfolio? In every picture, she just rested on pretty and ultimately had no creativity in her shoots. Anchal got so much praise pre-show for her unique look then went on the show and did nothing more. Heather and Lauren both took stunning pictures and overrated is an opinion (as my whole post is as well). But it's rated so highly, there must be something to it.

    I just thought Anchal had so many issues and should have never went on the show. She broke down at Melrose's comment, but Melrose was really just telling the truth and what the judges had been saying. She came in the competition as a beautiful girl and then never did anything to improve. If she knew she didn't want to wear show off her body in a swimsuit, why would she want to model?
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

  4. #1364
    FORT Regular baka07414's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    98

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;3021936;
    And really the only reason why she won the go-sees was becaquse everyone was late except her and Saleisha. Big deal, clients liked her better than Tootie.

    I thought Heather's elimination was at least justified, but I really thought Brittany's elimination was a set-up. I truly wouldn't have been surprised if the judges made up the whole thing about Brittany not being booked. I hate to play the race card, but I thought they were really just trying to keep Dionne to satisfy demographics. Dionne was so clearly below he rest of the pack and that go-see excuse would have been the only thing that would have justified keeping Dionne (or Jaslene). There had never been a final four without a Black girl, and Dionne had to make it. I thought every other girl served a purpose. It's just a shame because Brittany was the true model of cycle 8.
    I hate that they kept Dionne and eliminated Felicia just because she made one mistake.
    I think Felicia had much more potential...
    Dionne is just a video girl
    Felicia can also be a video girl too, but her Asian-esque feature made her much more standout and fashion!!
    And see who got signed now!!
    Gemma is LOVE

  5. #1365
    FORT Regular baka07414's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    98

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;3021962;
    Anchal had a great portfolio? In every picture, she just rested on pretty and ultimately had no creativity in her shoots. Anchal got so much praise pre-show for her unique look then went on the show and did nothing more. Heather and Lauren both took stunning pictures and overrated is an opinion (as my whole post is as well). But it's rated so highly, there must be something to it.

    I just thought Anchal had so many issues and should have never went on the show. She broke down at Melrose's comment, but Melrose was really just telling the truth and what the judges had been saying. She came in the competition as a beautiful girl and then never did anything to improve. If she knew she didn't want to wear show off her body in a swimsuit, why would she want to model?
    I quite get the whole situation why she had such low self esteem. She isnt really consider as a "beautiful model" in Asia (where her hometown, India located). I have seen several people called her "TV set(her face shape)" or "fish" in Asia. Also, she had some weight issue. She might want to "seek confidence" though the show, but it turned out to be that she was criticized by both judges and her competitors. That was why she broke down...I guess.
    I quite sympathize her.(I may be a little bit off topic, I'll stop)
    Gemma is LOVE

  6. #1366
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Killadelphia
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Ten Eliminations people gripe about, despite the fact that they were totally sound.

    1. Samantha- Seriously though, her picture sucked, and performance counts! Surprise, right? The idea of the competition is not to hand a contract to the girl with the most editorial model potential—that isn’t going to grow or change over the weeks, so if we were going to give a prize to Samantha just for being modelesque, then there wouldn’t be much point to the eleven or so weeks spent whittling away the other girls. She screwed up and got kicked off for it. Tough.

    2. Lisa (C9)- There are a lot of people who seem to think that because Heather did badly that week, Lisa somehow didn't suck. Guess what? Every other girl could have sucked just as hard as Heather, and Lisa still would have had a bad commercial. Weeping through a commercial is not good, and overall, Lisa seemed to have a general lack of armor—she was unable to take criticism well, and it would have done her in anyway.

    3. Heather (C9)- )- I loved this girl, and I would have kicked her off that week. Honestly, it’s not like they tossed her off for some arbitrary thing like not being able to dance in a music video or for not being able to juggle geese. They kicked her off because she made poor impressions on her go-sees. I’ve been around the Autistic Spectrum for a long time, and the fact is that she still needs to work on the interactions she needs to make a good impression at a casting. She got lost, but that’s not why they kicked her off, so don’t even spin it that way. And please, don't anyone say she lost because she was unrealistically left to wander the streets which wouldn't really happen IRL, because I still don't think she would have won if she had made more of her go-sees and got back to the agency on time.

    4.Lauren- In a similar vein to Heather, I’ll admit I quite liked Lauren, but honestly. The point of that commercial was to at least try, dammit, and she didn’t put forth a shred of effort. Whitney may have gasped her way through, but one, she tried, and two, it was better than Lauren’s. I seriously don’t understand how anyone can disagree.

    5.Nicole (C3)- I kind of disagree with myself for even writing this, but hear me out. Nicole’s pictures were fabulous, and her look was great. I loved her. However, she was kicked out for not being memorable, and it’s been a long time since I saw C3, but she was forgotten—twice. If that happens, there is clearly a problem. That sends a red flag that needs to be taken into account, no matter how great her pictures were. Some believe they could have faked forgetting her in order to execute her ousting, but I'm not analyzing these with conspiracy theories in mind.

    6. Kyle- I am not saying that Kyle had no potential, which is what people always seem to assume when I argue in favor of her elimination. I think the judges, for once, had a totally accurate assessment of a girl when they kicked her off. Her idea of modeling was really just sitting there and looking fine. She didn't ever think outside the box. Her Pin-Up picture looked possessed. The fact was, she had a lot of commercial potential, and ANTM claims to be searching for a girl who can work both the commercial and high fashion markets. She didn't have the HF thing naturally, and didn't put in enough effort to fake it when she needed to.

    7. Katarzyna- I know there are plenty of people who disagree with this, so please, don't post back saying "I disagree, I think her pictures were phenomenal and always stood out." Kat was kicked off because nearing the end of the competition, she had done good but not great, and I think that was an accurate assessment of her performance. I was never personally blown away by any of her pictures, so I don't think it's that farfetched to say that none of the judges were ever blown out of the water by her photos either.

    8.Erm... I can't really think of anyone else at the moment--most other eliminations are either clearly sensible to everyone or so totally bogus that even I think they were bogus. So I guess it's more of a top seven.

  7. #1367
    FORT Fan Afrocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Age
    28
    Posts
    157

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by GuruBishisama;3022718;
    Ten Eliminations people gripe about, despite the fact that they were totally sound.

    1. Samantha- Seriously though, her picture sucked, and performance counts! Surprise, right? The idea of the competition is not to hand a contract to the girl with the most editorial model potentialóthat isnít going to grow or change over the weeks, so if we were going to give a prize to Samantha just for being modelesque, then there wouldnít be much point to the eleven or so weeks spent whittling away the other girls. She screwed up and got kicked off for it. Tough.

    2. Lisa (C9)- There are a lot of people who seem to think that because Heather did badly that week, Lisa somehow didn't suck. Guess what? Every other girl could have sucked just as hard as Heather, and Lisa still would have had a bad commercial. Weeping through a commercial is not good, and overall, Lisa seemed to have a general lack of armoróshe was unable to take criticism well, and it would have done her in anyway.

    3. Heather (C9)- )- I loved this girl, and I would have kicked her off that week. Honestly, itís not like they tossed her off for some arbitrary thing like not being able to dance in a music video or for not being able to juggle geese. They kicked her off because she made poor impressions on her go-sees. Iíve been around the Autistic Spectrum for a long time, and the fact is that she still needs to work on the interactions she needs to make a good impression at a casting. She got lost, but thatís not why they kicked her off, so donít even spin it that way. And please, don't anyone say she lost because she was unrealistically left to wander the streets which wouldn't really happen IRL, because I still don't think she would have won if she had made more of her go-sees and got back to the agency on time.

    4.Lauren- In a similar vein to Heather, Iíll admit I quite liked Lauren, but honestly. The point of that commercial was to at least try, dammit, and she didnít put forth a shred of effort. Whitney may have gasped her way through, but one, she tried, and two, it was better than Laurenís. I seriously donít understand how anyone can disagree.

    5.Nicole (C3)- I kind of disagree with myself for even writing this, but hear me out. Nicoleís pictures were fabulous, and her look was great. I loved her. However, she was kicked out for not being memorable, and itís been a long time since I saw C3, but she was forgottenótwice. If that happens, there is clearly a problem. That sends a red flag that needs to be taken into account, no matter how great her pictures were. Some believe they could have faked forgetting her in order to execute her ousting, but I'm not analyzing these with conspiracy theories in mind.

    6. Kyle- I am not saying that Kyle had no potential, which is what people always seem to assume when I argue in favor of her elimination. I think the judges, for once, had a totally accurate assessment of a girl when they kicked her off. Her idea of modeling was really just sitting there and looking fine. She didn't ever think outside the box. Her Pin-Up picture looked possessed. The fact was, she had a lot of commercial potential, and ANTM claims to be searching for a girl who can work both the commercial and high fashion markets. She didn't have the HF thing naturally, and didn't put in enough effort to fake it when she needed to.

    7. Katarzyna- I know there are plenty of people who disagree with this, so please, don't post back saying "I disagree, I think her pictures were phenomenal and always stood out." Kat was kicked off because nearing the end of the competition, she had done good but not great, and I think that was an accurate assessment of her performance. I was never personally blown away by any of her pictures, so I don't think it's that farfetched to say that none of the judges were ever blown out of the water by her photos either.

    8.Erm... I can't really think of anyone else at the moment--most other eliminations are either clearly sensible to everyone or so totally bogus that even I think they were bogus. So I guess it's more of a top seven.
    I agree with this ENTIRE POST.

  8. #1368
    Dax
    Dax is offline
    FORT Fogey Dax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Well I on the contrary disagree with almost the entire post minus Heather and Kyle.
    Last edited by Dax; 05-26-2008 at 01:33 PM.

  9. #1369
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    101

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by GuruBishisama;3022718;
    Ten Eliminations people gripe about, despite the fact that they were totally sound.

    1. Samantha- Seriously though, her picture sucked, and performance counts! Surprise, right? The idea of the competition is not to hand a contract to the girl with the most editorial model potential—that isn’t going to grow or change over the weeks, so if we were going to give a prize to Samantha just for being modelesque, then there wouldn’t be much point to the eleven or so weeks spent whittling away the other girls. She screwed up and got kicked off for it. Tough.

    2. Lisa (C9)- There are a lot of people who seem to think that because Heather did badly that week, Lisa somehow didn't suck. Guess what? Every other girl could have sucked just as hard as Heather, and Lisa still would have had a bad commercial. Weeping through a commercial is not good, and overall, Lisa seemed to have a general lack of armor—she was unable to take criticism well, and it would have done her in anyway.
    These are the only two that I disagree with. Samantha's picture wasn't all that bad and since she was so modelesque and had a lot of editorial potential, she deserved another chance; girls with way less potential than her, in almost every cycle, who have even performed worse than she did, have received multiple chances.

    Lisa, on the other hand, did indeed bomb her CoverGirl commercial, which nobody really did an amazing job on. However, Lisa had one of, if not, the best picture(s) of that week. Similarly, Lisa had delivered great photographs up to that point, excluding her recyclable materials and burning car (which I actually really liked), and had a strong look. Conversely, Bianca had a mediocre commercial, photo, and portfolio, but she had a strong look. Lisa had a good photo, portfolio, and a strong look, whereas Bianca had only one of those. Bianca, hands down, deserved to go first, and IMO, Saleisha, as well.
    My Winners: Elyse, Shandi, Yaya, Kahlen, Nicole, Danielle, CariDee, Natasha, Jenah, Anya

  10. #1370
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    632

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Afrocentric;3022742;
    I agree with this ENTIRE POST.
    I do too. My only disagreement is with the Katarzyna part. The main reason I'm angry with her elimination was that Dominique stayed. I will never, ever, ever, ever see how that was just. Yes she improved but it's not difficult when she was that bad to begin with!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.