Page 135 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3585125126127128129130131132133134135136137138 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1377

Thread: ANTM Top 10

  1. #1341
    Leiden 4 AusNTM! LedZepForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,467

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Girls who should have never made the show
    10. Cassandra (C5)
    9. Kelle
    8. Bethany
    7. Ebony (C5)
    6. Diana
    5. Jaeda
    4. Robin
    3. Noelle
    2. Whitney (C8)
    1. Saleisha
    Honorable Mentions: Monique/Brooke (C7)/Gina/Lluvy/Brandy/Sarah (C5)/Wendy/Brooke (C6)/Furonda/Anchal (If you know you have no confidene, why go on a modeling reality show?)/Kathleen/Mila/Janet/Allison/Dominique
    Last edited by LedZepForever; 05-25-2008 at 08:26 AM.
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

  2. #1342
    k.i.m. ClrDeLun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,857

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by GuruBishisama;3020918;
    I remember being convinced by the top six that Amanda was the winner. We all knew Michelle was gone because she didn't want it enough, but Amanda had the look and some pretty excellent pictures to her name. Her Water Nymph shot is, IMO, hands down, the top shot of the cycle. (I of course, changed my mind the second I wrote that, because there are a couple of others I really like as well, but I digress.) She wasn't super at runway, but it's clear they didn't really care because, well, they gave it to CariDee.

    Anyway, my point is, final four came around, I was sure Eugena or CariDee would be off and Amanda would win. Boy was I wrong/thinking wishfully.

    And whilst I'm ranting about cycle seven, I'd like to make a list of most overrated contestants that season, and there is only one on that list and it's Melrose. I never liked that girl. Pre show, month before anything happened, when the publicity shots of all the girls were released? I saw Melrose, and my first, instantaneous thought was essentially "I hate this girl, and I know that once the show starts airing, my mind won't change. Even though she's annoying, I'll have to put up with her all season because she's clearly going to get second place." I think my biggest issue with Melrose and the fandom that surrounds her is that she really doesn't look like a fashion model at all, she looks like a pretty fashionista, and she's talented at modeling, but it doesn't at all make up for the fact that as a model, she has zero potential. And yes, I know that rant came out of nowhere.

    Anyway, the point is ClrDeLun, I agree, The Twins are easily the most HF contestants this show has seen in a long time.
    So yeah, me too.
    I mean, I was totally gunning for Michelle because she was my love and had wowed me many times over with her ~sensational~ pics but Amanda totally had winner written all over her. And the fact that Eugena was kept around for that dreadful nymph photo (despite doing very well at the challenge) really looked terrible on panel. And I loves me some Caridee that cycle but if I had to pic between her or Amanda, I'll pick the one that actually looks like she would get booked.

    I thought 'Issa looked waaay better with her brown hair but I seem to be in the minority with that. And I never thought she was a bitch, just nakedly ambitious. To an embarrassing degree.

    And I also thought
    I hate this girl, and I know that once the show starts airing, my mind won't change. Even though she's annoying, I'll have to put up with her all season because she's clearly going to get second place.
    about Saleisha when I first saw those individual preshow pics. Except, she ended up, you know, winning the whole thing.
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

    -Alex Perry, AusNTM

  3. #1343
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;3021333;
    Girls who should have never made the show
    10. Cassandra (C5)
    9. Kelle
    8. Bethany
    7. Ebony (C5)
    6. Diana
    5. Jaeda
    4. Robin
    3. Noelle
    2. Whitney (C8)
    1. Saleisha
    Honorable Mentions: Monique/Brooke (C7)/Gina/Lluvy/Brandy/Sarah (C5)/Wendy/Brooke (C6)/Furonda/Anchal (If you know you have no confidene, why go on a modeling reality show?)/Kathleen/Mila/Janet/Allison/Dominique
    Brooke C7 and Furonda shouldn't have been on the show? They both took some great photos IMO.

  4. #1344
    Leiden 4 AusNTM! LedZepForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,467

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by duckiies;3021423;
    Brooke C7 and Furonda shouldn't have been on the show? They both took some great photos IMO.
    Both were extremely unmodelesque. Brooke was very short and had no bone structure. She was really only kept around for her personality, which ultimately should not make a model. Furonda looked horrible in person, her skin was horrid, and they had to retouch her photos a lot.
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

  5. #1345
    x guii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,046

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;3021333;
    Girls who should have never made the show
    10. Cassandra (C5)
    9. Kelle
    8. Bethany
    7. Ebony (C5)
    6. Diana
    5. Jaeda
    4. Robin
    3. Noelle
    2. Whitney (C8)
    1. Saleisha
    Honorable Mentions: Monique/Brooke (C7)/Gina/Lluvy/Brandy/Sarah (C5)/Wendy/Brooke (C6)/Furonda/Anchal (If you know you have no confidene, why go on a modeling reality show?)/Kathleen/Mila/Janet/Allison/Dominique
    I agree with the whole list. But I totally disagree with the Honorable Mentions.

    I agree with Kathleen, Janet, Dominique, Wendy and Brandy.
    Monique, Mila and Allison are modelesque and pretty.
    Brooke (7) looks like a commercial model, she is unique in a next door way, and yes, she had bone structure.
    Gina, Lluvy, Anchal and Brooke (6) got great unique faces.
    Sarah (5) and Anchal would be great swimsuit models.
    Furonda is very ugly, but is unique and I remember some of the guest judges loving her.

    Other Opitions for this List: Sarah (4), Anna, Heather (2), Xiomara, Ebony (1), Leah, Magdalena, Claire, Cassandra (8), Amis, Naima, Eva.
    Last edited by guii; 05-25-2008 at 12:08 PM.
    I'll miss Alamela.

  6. #1346
    Dax
    Dax is offline
    FORT Fogey Dax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    I also think Brooke is great for commercial modeling. She was pretty much the perfect candidate for Seventeen and Covergirl. I really wanted to see a CG commercial from her. I'm sure she was going to be amazing.

  7. #1347
    Leiden 4 AusNTM! LedZepForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,467

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by guii;3021524;
    .
    Monique, Mila and Allison are modelesque and pretty.
    Brooke (7) looks like a commercial model, she is unique in a next door way, and yes, she had bone structure.
    Gina, Lluvy, Anchal and Brooke (6) got great unique faces.
    Sarah (5) and Anchal would be great swimsuit models.
    Furonda is very ugly, but is unique and I remember some of the guest judges loving her.

    Other Opitions for this List: Sarah (4), Anna, Heather (2), Xiomara, Ebony (1), Leah, Magdalena, Claire, Cassandra (8), Amis, Naima, Eva.
    Mila was unmodelesque and had bad proportions. I walk by girls in malls much more striking and modelesque than Allison. As for Monique, she is much more suited to what she has done post-show, which is rap videos.
    I put Brooke on the list because of her height, ANTM should not cast girls who are 5'7 unless they are really unique, and Brooke looked pretty ordinary and really only got through because of her personality. And plus, the Elite lady, Cathy Gould, really didn't like her and once she was part of judging, she really pushed for her to be eliminated. So that's proof that she really never had a shot to begin with. An actual modelesque girl like Ginger should have taken her spot. At least she'd have a shot at winning.
    Lluvy, Gina, and Brooke (C6) all couldn't photograph to save their lives.
    IMO, Sarah (C5)'s walk was worse than Heather and Lauren's combined, which certainly says something.
    As for Anchal, I really questioned her motives for being on the show. If she has no confidence and can't present herself, why would she voluntarily go on a modeling reality show that she knows will have so much to do with presenting yourself and personality? And like Brooke, Cathy Gould pushed for her to be eliminated. So just like Brooke, she never had a chance to begin with and should have been replaced by a modelesque girl who could have actually won.
    Furonda just really looked nothing like a model and I felt like her photos were retouched way too much. Just like Brooke, she got by with her personality and improvement.
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

  8. #1348
    FORT Newbie Marviayla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Most High Fashion

    10. Lauren
    09. Aj
    08. Anya
    07. Kahlen
    06. Mollie Sue
    05. Shandi
    04. Heather
    03. Elyse
    02. Amanda
    01. Michelle
    Daniel for Project Runway 5!

    Ciao,

    Marviayla

  9. #1349
    FORT Newbie Marviayla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;3021333;
    Girls who should have never made the show
    10. Cassandra (C5)
    9. Kelle
    8. Bethany
    7. Ebony (C5)
    6. Diana
    5. Jaeda
    4. Robin
    3. Noelle
    2. Whitney (C8)
    1. Saleisha
    Honorable Mentions: Monique/Brooke (C7)/Gina/Lluvy/Brandy/Sarah (C5)/Wendy/Brooke (C6)/Furonda/Anchal (If you know you have no confidene, why go on a modeling reality show?)/Kathleen/Mila/Janet/Allison/Dominique
    I agree 100%
    Daniel for Project Runway 5!

    Ciao,

    Marviayla

  10. #1350
    x guii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,046

    Re: ANTM Top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;3021584;
    Mila was unmodelesque and had bad proportions. I walk by girls in malls much more striking and modelesque than Allison. As for Monique, she is much more suited to what she has done post-show, which is rap videos.
    Mila was very modelesque, she is just fat on her cheeks, not in her body, her eastern european look is in.
    You may walk by girls in malls more striking and modelesque than Allison, but she still great and modelesque.
    Monique did rap videos, but her post show work is great, she is signed with LA Models.

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;3021584;
    I put Brooke on the list because of her height, ANTM should not cast girls who are 5'7 unless they are really unique, and Brooke looked pretty ordinary and really only got through because of her personality. And plus, the Elite lady, Cathy Gould, really didn't like her and once she was part of judging, she really pushed for her to be eliminated. So that's proof that she really never had a shot to begin with. An actual modelesque girl like Ginger should have taken her spot. At least she'd have a shot at winning.

    And like Brooke, Cathy Gould pushed for her to be eliminated. So just like Brooke, she never had a chance to begin with and should have been replaced by a modelesque girl who could have actually won.
    I disagree. I think she does look like a commercial model. and she is not only 5'7", she is 5'7.5". Jaslene is 5'7" but still get work.

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;3021584;
    Lluvy, Gina, and Brooke (C6) all couldn't photograph to save their lives.
    That doesn't mean anything, it's something that you can learn, and their faces are amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;3021584;
    IMO, Sarah (C5)'s walk was worse than Heather and Lauren's combined, which certainly says something.
    So, why they aren't in the list too?
    and I think Lauren's walk is worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;3021584;
    As for Anchal, I really questioned her motives for being on the show. If she has no confidence and can't present herself, why would she voluntarily go on a modeling reality show that she knows will have so much to do with presenting yourself and personality?
    She presents herself A LOT better than Heather and Lauren, for example.

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZepForever;3021584;
    Furonda just really looked nothing like a model and I felt like her photos were retouched way too much.
    Kind of, but being unique like her is a plus. and she also got some work post show.

    ----------------
    ----------------

    and ANTM is also about teach to the girls, so, not knowing how to photograph/walk isn't an excuse for a girl don't make it in the show.
    Last edited by guii; 05-25-2008 at 03:04 PM.
    I'll miss Alamela.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.