Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041

Thread: 11/29 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

tag
    Quote Originally Posted by dot136;2161387;
    I also can't believe CariDee was in the bottom 2. Tyra's reasons were stupid and contradictory. You have to tell us when you need to stop, but models have to model in the cold so we're going to put you in the bottom 2 b/c you told us when you needed to stop (like we just told you to do). Anywho, I think they just do it for drama and to make CariDee cry. They have to make drama somewhere.

I just wish they'd actually do some decent judging here at the end. They're not choosing the best models, their choosing who will give them the best TV.

This whole season has been a mess. They need to get their act together or they will soon begin losing viewers. If this is a modeling competition, they need to start actually choosing the people who are the best models to keep.

I couldn't agree with you more. Ty-ty tells Caridee to set physical limits and not push too hard, and then gets a talking-to for having a 'weakness' for the cold. It isn't realistic to put girls with NO body fat in an unheated pool. That was done simply for the drama. Tyra says she is just trying to put the girls in 'realistic' situations, but in fact she just wants ratings. I think Tyra "jumped the shark" tonight. I thought I would never say it, but I am DONE with the show. The final three are a joke compared to past seasons and compared with the girls already eliminated. Dang.

(I'll still read SnowflakeGirl's summary, though - her recaps are way better than the show itself!)

Quote Originally Posted by tag;2162393;
    I couldn't agree with you more. Ty-ty tells Caridee to set physical limits and not push too hard, and then gets a talking-to for having a 'weakness' for the cold. It isn't realistic to put girls with NO body fat in an unheated pool. That was done simply for the drama. Tyra says she is just trying to put the girls in 'realistic' situations, but in fact she just wants ratings.
    I think you're right about the cold water being for the drama. I mean, it's not like we can tell what temperature the water is by just looking at the picture. So I have to wonder, was making it cold really necessary? I guess it's because Tyra always has to find a way to "spice" up the photoshoots. But still, putting CariDee in the bottom two for getting hypothermia, that was just wrong. And cruel. And confusing. Just like everyone says, the show is constantly contradicting itself. Get sick and give up? CAN'T DO THAT. Get sick and continue anyway? CAN'T DO THAT. Take crappy pictures and continue to not impress? OH YOU CAN DO THAT. :nono

*mumbles* Stupid Tyra.
    "It's a little sick and twisted, which is kind of like me." - A.J., America's Next Top Model
    "Oh yeah, I have a nerdy moment in my life everyday." - Jael, America's Next Top Model
    "You are NOT allowed to enter me, but you may hang out with us now through this token from your past." - Adrianne, Celebrity Paranormal Project

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;2161777;
    Sad to say, at this point, I don't even care anymore. I don't even think that Mr and Ms Jay, Nigel, or Twiggy care either.

I was watching the first season the other day, and noticed that Mr Jay used to joke with the girls while setting up, even had them over his house for dinner. Both Jays used to be more patient with the girls. Now they always look mad, and I think I know why. As much as I hate to say it, this season has been horrible because outside of Caridee and a few others, a lot of girls who made it seem like they only wanted to be on TV or they thought that modeling was fun, and when they found out what work it actually is it was like they didn't give a damn. They cry for years about their hair, tell the judges that they really don't want to be there, or in the case of Monique, lose their minds and decide to act as crazy as possible. Some of them didn't even try in the challeges. And when I think about the girls who didn't make it and wanted it desperately (like that poor Latina girl who sobbed her heart out when she wasn't chosen) it really makes me frustrated to watch this, so I can imagine how they must feel.

ive noticed that too.. they always seem so irritated and anyone can see why. these girls who claim they want it so bad couldnt hold down a fast-food job. sometimes you have to go to work when you dont want to. sometimes you have to sacrifice or do things your employer wants that you arent thrilled about. these girls are given an amazing opportunity and just squander it.. complaining about how they are tired of drama (ok, did you go to high school?) have a bad haircut (happens to everyone) or just sick and tired (yes, everyone gets sick and tired but they dont just stop living completely!) I think the judges realize the passion is gone and don't care to invest in a waste.

Out of curiousity is anyone as not impressed with Danielle's Cover Girl commercials as I am. She seems very flat and lifeless. On the other hand if that commercial is an indication of what Cover Girl wants maybe Eugena will win this competition.
    im not either.. they are so awful and boring...
    but everyone is saying how the commercial is important for next weeks episode: obviously not! last cycle the judges complained every freakin week about how danielle couldn't do a comm. and wouldnt be understood on tv.. well they were right.. she sucks (and no, she doesnt represent the southern girls, I'm from the South (and have been here all my life) and she DOES NOT represent me) and i doubt covergirl is thrilled.. thats why for every commercial they have to throw in another model or have the Queen save her so it wont be a total waste of air time!
    of course, in the scheme of things, the commercial doesnt matter bc despite the judges obvious knowledge that she couldnt deliver a good pitch, they still chose her (and her and joanies walks were both good, joanies portfolio slightly better and yet danielle still won!)
    anyone agree? thoughts?
    Last edited by Marleybone; 12-01-2006 at 02:18 AM. Reason: applied quote tags

My question is are they trying to find a true top model or just who would fit into the current Covergirl campaign?

I think this final three is terrible. I cannot truly see any one of these young women being a successful model

^I would think that it is all about the Covergirl campaign, but than how could Danielle win if that was the case?

In the beginning, I had really high hopes for this cycle, but as it turns out, this is the second cycle in a row in which I didn't agree with all of the top three. Of the girls left, I'm voting for Caridee even though I think Melrose should win. I'm voting for Caridee because I actually like her, while Melrose just seems too calculating for my tastes. I honestly feel that it's too late in the game for Eugena to mount any comebacks against contestants who had out performed her for most of the competition. I'm just not seeing the improvements Tyra keeps talking about. She excels at movement and contortion, but has never nailed a facial shot without getting lucky. However if Eugena wins, I wouldn't be that phased by that one way or another.

FORT Fogey
    Was anyone else surprised that there was no CG of the week this episode? It makes me think one of two things:
    It was Amanda, but she got booted, so it wouldn't have looked good.
    It was Caridee AGAIN, but they're planning to ax her first next week, so they didn't want to build her momentum.

If it were Melrose or Eugena, it wouldn't matter in the grand scheme because neither of them have won it yet.

FORT Newbie
    I think it has something to do with the repeat of Danielle's MLAACG Commercial, was CoverGirl busy?

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer;2162680;
    Was anyone else surprised that there was no CG of the week this episode? It makes me think one of two things:
    It was Amanda, but she got booted, so it wouldn't have looked good.
    It was Caridee AGAIN, but they're planning to ax her first next week, so they didn't want to build her momentum.

If it were Melrose or Eugena, it wouldn't matter in the grand scheme because neither of them have won it yet.
    I don't think it would have mattered if Amanda was getting eliminated or not. A.J. was Cover Girl of the Week on the episode she was eliminated.

I didn't even notice they didn't do CG of the week. Then again, I wasn't in the room for the end of the episode. I didn't even watch the elimination. I bet CariDee would have gotten it again if they had showed it. But you're right, it is strange that they didn't show it.
    "It's a little sick and twisted, which is kind of like me." - A.J., America's Next Top Model
    "Oh yeah, I have a nerdy moment in my life everyday." - Jael, America's Next Top Model
    "You are NOT allowed to enter me, but you may hang out with us now through this token from your past." - Adrianne, Celebrity Paranormal Project

Eugena should have gone home, Caridee should have been in the bottom with her, Amanda and Melrose had the best photos of the day, period.
    "...but this, all pleasures fancies be; If ever any beauty I did see, Which I desired, and got, 'twas but a dream of thee..."