Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ANTM7 Ep. 9 Recap: The Racist in Spain Stays Mainly on the Plain

Quote Originally Posted by breezez_air;2146529;
    I still can't really get over the racist male model. I didn't think there would be that many people, especially models left in the world today with views like that.
    After reading the recap, I have to wonder if the guy was a plant, too. I can't imagine that there was so little indignation in the judging room. I know there's a lot edited out, but I can't fathom that their response to Jaeda was basically to suck it up and deal.

I did read in the Economist in the recent past that there are serious issues with rascism in several European Union countries. It just turns my stomach, wherever it occurs.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    So.. I went to an online translator and apparently what Tyra said in Spanish ("Cuando te sientas triste, toma un viaje") translates into "When you sit down sad, takes a trip" in English.

Uhm...what?

ETA: When I went to another online translator, it came up with "When you feel sad, it takes a trip". It still doesn't make sense but it's an improvement.
    Last edited by OrangeDingo; 11-18-2006 at 10:52 PM.

One word Panda Express art_freak183's Avatar
    In the silent move Daisy aka CariDee was sad because her boyfriend left her for a horse so Tyra says when you're sad take a trip and they go to spain.
    I'm the only one with braces I'm the only one with bling-bling on mah grill okay
    I have the fasion sense of a 12 year old boy.

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by art_freak183;2147321;
    In the silent move Daisy aka CariDee was sad because her boyfriend left her for a horse so Tyra says when you're sad take a trip and they go to spain.
    Right. I understood what Tyra meant to say, but her Spanish phrasing is (apparently) awful.

That said, the online translators could just suck and Tyra was right all along. But I prefer to think that an automatic machine is smarter than Tyra banks.

One word Panda Express art_freak183's Avatar
    I think many people like to think that but since she said hacen and if i can remember anything from my spainsh class it means you all or they. So I guess Tyra was right. Because it said trust me the winner won't be the only one suprised.
    I'm the only one with braces I'm the only one with bling-bling on mah grill okay
    I have the fasion sense of a 12 year old boy.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDingo;2147305;
    So.. I went to an online translator and apparently what Tyra said in Spanish ("Cuando te sientas triste, toma un viaje") translates into "When you sit down sad, takes a trip" in English.

Uhm...what?

ETA: When I went to another online translator, it came up with "When you feel sad, it takes a trip". It still doesn't make sense but it's an improvement.

"When you are feeling sad, take a trip" is the exact translation.

"sientas"= feel/feeling
    "sientate"= sit/to sit

FORT Newbie
    "When you are feeling sad, take a trip" is the exact translation.

"sientas"= feel/feeling
    "sientate"= sit/to sit

Yes bustak you are right but she translate the sentence as "cuando te sientas triste,toma un viaje" this is the way that a spanish speaker from south america will say it,in spain we donīt take a right,we make a right,sorry!!donīt know how to explain it in a easier way..."cuando te sientas triste,haz un viaje"

FORT Newbie
    one thing iīm missing!! when is the spanish guy saying that he doesnīt like black girls?I just heard him saying i donīt like.....the way he sait it looks like he thought that jaeda is trying to flrirt with him and he was trying to say sorry but i donīt like you because iīm gay...anyway i donīt want to excuse him,he is such an idiot and a very rude guy.

Quote Originally Posted by spanish girl;2148239;
    one thing iīm missing!! when is the spanish guy saying that he doesnīt like black girls?I just heard him saying i donīt like.....the way he sait it looks like he thought that jaeda is trying to flrirt with him and he was trying to say sorry but i donīt like you because iīm gay...anyway i donīt want to excuse him,he is such an idiot and a very rude guy.
    they never actually showed it on camera but the girls later said he did....and later Jaeda said in an interview after she was eliminated that he did in fact say that to her.

oh and to the other poster, a spanish translator online won't usually translate with the right grammar.so aside from the dialect difference from Spain i think she was right.

Why do you think they chose not to show him saying that?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast