Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Worst Photoshoot in ANTM history.

Re: Worst Photoshoot in ANTM history.

The worst by far was the antm moments. It wasn't high fashion or commercial. It was gimmicky and caroonish. I hated it.
    Cycle 10 Photos of the Week:
    Homeless: Kimberly; Makeover: Lauren; Lingerie: Anya; Meat: Lauren; Paint: Katarzyna; Music: Katarzyna; Water: Anya; Airplane: Lauren; Commercial: Katarzyna; Castle: Anya; Celebrity: Anya; Covergirl: Whitney

A world where 115 is healthy, 120 is plus sized and 125 is morbidly obese

Quote Originally Posted by arbutterfield;2894445;
    Oh my God, I completely agree.

And I know everyone seems to disagree with me, but I thought the last one in cycle ten, with the water and plastic was pretty abismal aswell in all honesty.

I mean, if this was america's next top art model, then fine, but isn't this supposed to be about fashion? I just find it too gimmicky.
    Actually this photoshoot may be the most realistic in top model history. I could see any major designer (who designs long flowy gowns) having their models do this photshoot. And isn't modeling making art out of yourself? That's the way I see it!

Worst
    C1. None
    C2. None
    C3. Kimono
    C4. None
    C5. Superhero, Fashion Whitchwhores, Wildboyz, Telephone Booth, Art (I love the Idea of Fashion as art, but the way they executed these photos made then look trashy, could've been great)
    C6. Careers, Covergirl Improv, Dolls
    C7. Hair Wars, Circus Freak, Celebrity Couples, Romance Novel, Skydiving, Secret Commercial, Covergirl
    C8. Political Views, High School Cliche, Transvestites, Model Moments, Covergirl Commercial
    C9. Slut Music Video, Burning Car, Covergirl Commercial, Dragons, Great Wall of China
    C10. None yet, all great!

Best cycle for photoshoots:
    Cycle 2
    Worst cycle for photoshoots:
    Cycle 7
    Best Photoshoot Ever:
    Plastic Wrap with Water
    Honourable Mentions:
    Black and White Beauty Shot
    Shelli Segel (funny how it's very close to my name...)
    Jamaica Swimsuit
    Kloofing
    Country Couture
    Bald
    Model Stereotypes
    Man Magazine and Women Magazine
    Rock Climbing
    Homeless
    Worst Photoshoot:
    Skydiving
    Honourable Mentions:
    Stuff
    Rollitos
    Kimono
    Zodiac
    Wildboyz
    Careers
    Celebrity Couples
    Transvestites
    Slut Music Video
    Meatpacking Industry

FORT Fogey

The Wildboyz one was horrible.

how in the world a music video is a photoshot?
    I'll miss Alamela.

Quote Originally Posted by guii;2895548;
    how in the world a music video is a photoshot?
    I don't understand what it has got to do with modelling...
    Homeless: Fatima Lingerie: Marvita Meat: Lauren Beauty Shot: Stacy Ann Music: Katarzyna Feurzabruta: Fatima Jet Setters: Lauren Commercial: Katarzyna Couture: Domininique Movie Icons: Anya CG Commercial: Anya CG Photo: Whitney

FORT Fogey

I actually saw a lot of purpose behind the music video.

If you notice, most commercials that have models and are actually advertising fashion products don't have the models speaking--and they certainly don't have them hawking the benefits of a product. Most makeup commercials have voice overs anyway. Victoria's Secret lingerie is just a bunch of sexy writhing, same with perfume ads. And a lot of clothing commercials just show girls walking and making googly eyes with men.

Basically, if a model wants to do filmed commercials, then knowing how to move on film is much more important that knowing how to deliver lines and smile like a big cheeser. Working on a music video could teach that, but of course, ANTM never gets it right when they have the chance.

The transvestite shoot from C8 was ghastly. Nothing visually appealing about those photographs at all.

In fact, C8 is the worst offender. ANTM Moments, 4 Personalitites, Political Statements and High School Cliches, taken as a whole, only produced a small handful of good photographs.
    "It's either s**t or champagne; it's either/or, it's either fantastic or it's not fantastic. You can turn it around any which way you want about having real people and real sizes and shorter and petite and whatever, we just wanna see great, big, gorgeous, tall, thin girls walking down the runway."

-Alex Perry, AusNTM

Quote Originally Posted by ClrDeLun;2902167;
    The transvestite shoot from C8 was ghastly. Nothing visually appealing about those photographs at all.

In fact, C8 is the worst offender. ANTM Moments, 4 Personalitites, Political Statements and High School Cliches, taken as a whole, only produced a small handful of good photographs.
    the comic shoot from 8 is the worst BY far lol oh you did, antm moments, i was gonna say lol

here's my list of the worst photoshoots:

C1: None really, although I thought the way the Stuff Magazine pictures came out...kinda bleh for some of the girls, and they gave poor Ebony a wig...
    C2: None.
    C3: None of the photoshoots were bad, I just felt the Campbells soup commercial was dumb.
    C4: None.
    C5: Fashion Witch, although the concept of running and motion is good, the whole fashion witch blew it.
    C6: None.
    C7: The Space Covergirl? are you kidding me lol, wobbly runway wasnt that great either
    C8: The comic antm moments, four inner personalities.
    C9: um...well...none of them were EXTREMELY bad...
    C10: Meat Packing...seriously...i understand the meat packing district is in new york which is big, but really...homeless models wasnt that great either...

*edit*
    Last edited by Jinafire; 04-08-2008 at 12:29 AM.

I think the Fashion Witch photoshoot in cycle 5 where they had to run on the treadmill and look afraid was absolutely terrible.

In cycle 7 it had to be the photoshoot where they were in that air tunnel and they looked like astronauts and had to reach for the Cover Girl product - I'm surprised any of them got off a good face. What's most annoying about shots like that is Tyra has never had to do that stuff.

And in cycle 8, the photoshoot where they had to pick four personality traits to represent just looked tacky.

I think in every cycle there's always 1-3 photoshoots that just don't cut it. It's like ANTM is trying to hard. What they fail to realize is the most simple, basic shots are the best - the beauty shots are awesome, they should stick to stuff like that.

I really hated the photoshoot where they had to portray women from other races during cycle 4.