Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Is ANTM going downhill?

FORT Regular
    I think it went way downhill and underground with this episode. Like wtf, skidiving covergirl?! Way to gimmicky. Anyway, I think 1 cycle a year or even 1 in 2 years will be good. ANTM needs to slow down, it's only been 3 years and we've got about 100 girls already.

The seventh cycle hasn't sucked completely for me yet because because two of my favorites are still in the competition, but I feel a bad vibe that's been with the show since the fifth cycle. I get the feeling that Tyra, the judges, and Mr. Jay have been doing this Top Model thing so much that they are not just running out of ideas, they seem to be just going through the motions preparing these contestants for all facets of this show. I see it in the judging and with Jay on the photo shoots. Everybody's passion level seems to be down a bit and they take it for granted that most of the contestants have watched the show religiously in the past, which obviously isn't true.

Somehow, I think that all of this bad karma is filtering down to the contestants and now they seem less motivated to stay around. Come on, Monique, AJ, Anchal, and now Michelle have no desire to be in the competition? Please, that's bunk. Where did these new mind reading skills come from? Maybe TPTB should be demanding some new blood on the show to promote different ideas rather than questioning the wills of the contestants.

FORT Fogey
    The previous episode made me truly realize how bad ANTM really is. I mean, Anchal was my absolute favorite, but I understand why she was eliminated, so that's not my problem. My main problem with the show is the extremely.lame.photoshoots. And Tyra's talk-show antics. And the getting rid of actual model potential. And how nothing actually has to do with modeling.

I think ANTM is going downhill. Because of these lame photoshoots. Circus freaks? Romance novel covers? Model stereotypes? Astronauts reaching for the CoverGirl TruBlend? Bleh.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

the answer to the the thread question? uh, yeah. *scoff*

FORT Fogey
    Yes, it's pretty obvious the show is running out of steam. I don't feel the same excitement that I did in the past. All things must come to an end, and I believe we may only have one more cycle left.

The producers or tyra or whoever should read these forums (I think everyone was thinking that). Its just getting worse by every cycle. More of a modeling competition, less than a reailty show (i think everyone was thinking that also) and what i heard that was gonna happen on the next cycle is just a wrong move.

FORT Regular
    I guess girls like AJ, Anchal and Michelle probably saw how this show is getting crappier by the day but also realised that modeling is actually a possible career for them and thus finding their way out of it as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by funkalicioouus;2137225;
    I guess girls like AJ, Anchal and Michelle probably saw how this show is getting crappier by the day but also realised that modeling is actually a possible career for them and thus finding their way out of it as soon as possible.
    yeah but antm is great way to be seen and notice and really help their modeling career.

ANTM went downhill when they made the "Tyra-House". This show use to be all about raw, undiscovered talent. Now its all about how many times can they promote Tyra and how great Tyra is and....well...just look at their friggin wall clock!

I'd love to see the show get back to the way it was. Girls that have had no major modling experience (how many girls have been signed BEFORE the show to a major agency), girls that truely desire to be a model, and not just be on TV, and a show that isn't a walking add for the great Tyra.