Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Is ANTM going downhill?

Dream, dream, dream. . . Ultramarine's Avatar
    I agree that the girls more than ever are really marvelous. And although the extreme modeling challenges are entertaining and some interesting shots have come out of them, I would like to see more modelly portfolio photos, too. I thought the extreme posing in the designer gowns would have been an excellent opportunity to get some great stills.

i think they are running out of ideas in this cycle...

and they also dont want to copy the challenges and photoshoots of the previous cycles..

I was bored and decided to look at past threads. This is a thread starter from December 12, 2003.

The theme song? It's Tyra, of course
    ______________________________ __________
    Word is that for the second installment of "America's Next Top Model," producer Rodney Jerkins has penned a theme song, "Shake Your Body," which will be sung by host Tyra Banks.

Is it any surprise that Tyra's doing one more thing related to this show?

This really is turning into "The Tyra Show - Oh, and some other girls, too, but don't pay any attention to them".
    ______________________________ __________

Little did readers know then what a Tyrant she would turn into. I read this and yearned for those good old days of ANTM when Tyra wasn’t omnipresent. I guess I think that it has gone down hill since so much of the focus is on her. Make the show about the actual models and the skills they need and less about Tyra’s ego and her former career.

Haha, Tyra should wake up. She RETIRED. She's a FORMER model. I can't believe she has her photos retouched. Didn't she say she wasn't gonna have them retouched? Maybe that's why ANTM photoshoots suck. Maybe expenses are spent more on Tyra's super retouched photos, hair, wardrobe, Tyra items, etc. than the actual things for the girls.
    True love comes in quietly, without banners or flashing lights. She is your sanity in a world full of madness. True love is not how grand you are or how simple you are, but's who you are with her and she loves you not in spite of it, but because of it. She is the one that stands with you, when the rest of the world falls down.

They are running far too many "seasons" of TM back to back. I mean, this started in what? 2003? and we've already had 7 CYCLES! sheesh! It's total overkill and drains any excitement for the next round of girls.

Change:
    1. Only 1-2 cycles per year. Build excitement and anticipation!
    2. Jay Manuel is tired and done, bring someone new or at least rotate cycles with someone else to bring some fresh ideas in.
    3. Focus on simpler shoots that accentuate the girls' beauty and throw some edgy/high fashion in for balance. Lose the cheesy stripper, mermaid, romance novel shoots that no model will use in a million years.
    4. As someone said earlier, create drama by focusing on the trials and tribulations of learning how to model. Lose the intense focus on the highjinks back at the house. Send the Moniques over to Flava...do not pass Go, do not allow any panty wiping! :nono

The Next Lost Housewives fayewong's Avatar
    i hope tyra can really pick girls that are really modelesque and not always had to elimated them cos there are not model enough.look at cycle 1-4 all look quite modelly the 5-6 look a bit high school and potential ones are out too soon

To answer the question of whether ANTM is going downhill, we need only took to the "Covergirl Skydiving" shoot. What a joke. Like that really tested the girls ability to model.
    Tyra, please listen to the people on the boards and revamp this show.
    PS Tyra, there are other (some might say even more sucsessful) supermodels in the world. Why not include them? Oh yeah, because it would force you to share the spot light.

ANTM is falling short...for goodness sakes...the producers have to go out and get girls to sign up...

Cycle 6, sara was tracked down in the mall...

for cycle 7, producers got girls off of myspace....that should say alot about the show

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;2136033;
    ANTM is falling short...for goodness sakes...the producers have to go out and get girls to sign up...

Cycle 6, sara was tracked down in the mall...

for cycle 7, producers got girls off of myspace....that should say alot about the show
    Thousand of girls audition it was just most of them didn't have potential so they had to find ones who do have potential imo. I think they should do that more often anyway so they give girls who never thought and didn't think they can be a model a chance.

After this week, I just have to say that antm sucks. This cycle is just so bad that it's laughable. The worst photoshoots (Circus freaks, celeb couples, romance covers, astronauts?!?!), the worst girls (why on earth are jaeda and eugena still here? why are the most model-like girls eliminated so early? and even if you like michelle & amanda, I'm sure you agree to some extent that the twins were casted as a novelty), AND not to mention the worst drama. Can Jaeda go on even more about her short hair? It's like WEEKS ago.