Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Is ANTM going downhill?

FORT Newbie

Re: Is ANTM going downhill?

I think what would make the show better is (1) hire your old writers back! You can PINPOINt the season where it just went down, down, down, down, downhill because it's the season where they lost their writers. (2) Do what "Project Runway" does and force the talent pool to constantly get better. "Project Runway" keeps getting better and better designers. Instead of having a bulk majority of the girls on for drama and just a handful that are REAL potential models, keep setting the bar higher with each season! They have already had girls on there with plenty of modeling experience, since this is no longer season 1 where girls were banned if they had done anything major, just set the bar higher and throw a few girls in with NO modeling experience in, but have real potential.

Oh! And enough with the "surprise" elimination. It's always when it's down to 5-6 girls and it's "the shocking" elimination (e.g., Lisa cycle 5, Nnenna cycle 6, etc.).

Just my two cents anyway! =)

I think they should do the eliminations lightening fast like in cycle one where it was "Kesse, Addrienne, Shandi, Elyse," rather than "Anya...Clomp clomp clomp.... 'Good Job Anya', Stacey-Ann..., Aimee... 'Work it out Aimee!', The next name.... I .. am go..ing to call... Dominique!" They think they are being dramatic but really it is just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dara;2865058;
    I think they should do the eliminations lightening fast like in cycle one where it was "Kesse, Addrienne, Shandi, Elyse," rather than "Anya...Clomp clomp clomp.... 'Good Job Anya', Stacey-Ann..., Aimee... 'Work it out Aimee!', The next name.... I .. am go..ing to call... Dominique!" They think they are being dramatic but really it is just boring.
    Agreed. I would love if they'd just show on the screen the pic of the girl that's eliminated (or the bottom two, if Tyra absolutely MUST get her little talk in)... I think it'd be a lot more dramatic, too.

Katarzyna & Anya: Final 2 willl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by antm10wordpress;2865151;
    Agreed. I would love if they'd just show on the screen the pic of the girl that's eliminated (or the bottom two, if Tyra absolutely MUST get her little talk in)... I think it'd be a lot more dramatic, too.
    No, I don't. I think it's perfect the way it is now. It's exciting knowing she will make it to the next round, and then she, and oh my god I'm so glad she is too, oh no she is in the bottom two! That's kind of exciting.

I think Cycle 2 is the best thing in ANTM so far. Cycle 1 was okay, I think the final three deserved their positions.

Cycle 3 had great challenges, good photoshoot ideas, but it had too many unmodelesque girls. Actually, it had too many girls in general. The final three was laughable, the only good thing about it was Amanda.

Cycle 4 was a big mess. Kahlen was robbed.

I want to forget about Cycle 5. It was one big stupid photoshoot.

Cycle 6 had GREAT girls, I think everyone was modelesque here. I do think Tyra tried to repair the damage from the past 3 cycles. The winner was decent. I think they could have chosen a better location though.

Cycle 7 had some really good girls. They just left at the WRONG TIME. Caridee didn't deserve the title. The photoshoots were stupid and campy too.

Cycle 8 was one big joke. Renee, Natasha, and Jaslene are the joke final three. None of these girls are memorable IMO.

Cycle 9 had potential. It had pretty good photoshoots, the girls were high-fashion-worthy, but we got the worst winner. This season was really corrupted.

Cycle 10 so far seems to be promising. I really like all the girls (sans Amis and Domitranny). I think Tyra is trying to lean towards some more practical photoshoots (lingerie, paint beauty shoot) with some weird ones here and there (although the meat lingerie one DID sound promising, but it was very unsanitary and wasteful).

I hope ANTM redeems itself. I really like how its going now though.

Oh and Paulina > Twiggy. I just want to hear more of her at panel.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiedarling;2865001;
    I think what would make the show better is (1) hire your old writers back! You can PINPOINt the season where it just went down, down, down, down, downhill because it's the season where they lost their writers. (2) Do what "Project Runway" does and force the talent pool to constantly get better. "Project Runway" keeps getting better and better designers. Instead of having a bulk majority of the girls on for drama and just a handful that are REAL potential models, keep setting the bar higher with each season! They have already had girls on there with plenty of modeling experience, since this is no longer season 1 where girls were banned if they had done anything major, just set the bar higher and throw a few girls in with NO modeling experience in, but have real potential.

Oh! And enough with the "surprise" elimination. It's always when it's down to 5-6 girls and it's "the shocking" elimination (e.g., Lisa cycle 5, Nnenna cycle 6, etc.).

Just my two cents anyway! =)

You seriously just hit the nail on the head. The show would be miles better without this editing.

GO AIMEE & HEATHER!!!

Cycle 1 IMO is one of the best cycles. It was simple and chic. It represented a statement that it was looking for the better interest of the industry, in terms of realism; it was the most believable. It had consistent photo shoots that you COULD see in a REAL fashion magazine, and the advice there was something an aspiring model could really take into consideration.

Cycle 2 was one of the better cycles. Almost all of the photo shoots I could see in a high-fashion catalogue for (in a Spanish accent.) Barcelonian contessas in the springtime. It showed real hope for viewers that this one wasn't just some other reality show.

Cycle 3 had the worst crop of girls IMO. They were just all consistently un-modelesque. Granted, I'm biased towards it because it was the first one I viewed in my life; but after years of new experience, I see it was just a dud. HOWEVER... this season had some of the BEST shoots in ANTM history, no doubt.

Cycle 4 was just one big-old Real World Reunion Special. Between the flying (and falling) hair weaves and Tyra Tyrades, it was too much. Also, the girls there were a bit overrated. But the photoshoots were amazing (i.e. Zodiac, the "infamous" 7 Deadly Sins, Altenrate ethnicities).

Cycle 5, well... Let me just say... *Sigh*. Where to start with this one? The bitch-factor was just uncanny. The photo shoots were, well, "original" (for lack of a better word). The girls were CRAZY pretty, and it "somewhat" recovered its "chic" status (by like, maybe, 7&#37

Cycle 6 was pretty satisfactory. Some of the most modelesque modellettes were present here. I also could see some of these shoots in a real fashion magazine (especially the alternate carreers). The winner was pretty good, and it also featured the BEST overall model in ANTM history: Joanie (look at her record and porfolio; then comment )

Cycle 7 was just one big-ol' period. The girls just sucked. They tried, but they'd get fired in the real world after the third week in. Granted, some contestants stood out, but, no; just no.

Cycle 8 showed some promise for the hope of the show. It revived the market in terms of the girls. I could definitely see a majority working today (had they not been on the show; now they're branded for life).

Cycle 9 was my favorite cycle. The BEST shoots ever; this is because they were the most high fashion and REAL shoots ever. Granted, it's noticeable why they had budget cuts for Cycle 10 (look at the sets for the recyclable materials shoots). But they had some standouts: the best overall portfolio in ANTM history (Jenah), a look that transcended all borders (Heather) and the first "filler girl" winner (Saleisha).

I won't even comment on Cycle 10 until it's done.

Overall, I think ANTM is making a slow, but steady recovery. Cycle 9 hurt it TREMENDOUSLY, nut it's showing promise again. It's slowly recovering to the old days of Cycle 1 & 2, and they're FINALLY back to a REAL fashion capital.

All I can say to you Tyra is: "Pooh-pooh, Tyra; pooh-pooh."

Quote Originally Posted by Dara;2865058;
    I actually disagree with this part. But there are things in the judging that really pisses me off.

--------------------------------------------------------
    "All right, the next is Claire..."
    *show claire coming*
    "Hi judges"
    "Hi Claire!"
    "You did a photoshot in the meat packing Industry, are you ready to see your best shot?"
    "Yes"
    "Here is it"
    (...) all the criticism (...)
    "All right, thanks Claire"
    "Thank you"
    *Claire going back to the group*
    All the process again...

--------------------------------------------------------
    In the deliberation too, I hate that..

"Now it's time to the judges to deliberate, when I call you back I'll announce who will be eliminated."
    "Let's decide who is going home guys"
    (...) all the deliberation... they should cut too the jokes between Tyra and Miss Jay, they are ridiculous. (...)
    "We decided who is going home"

Quote Originally Posted by willl;2865244;
    No, I don't. I think it's perfect the way it is now. It's exciting knowing she will make it to the next round, and then she, and oh my god I'm so glad she is too, oh no she is in the bottom two! That's kind of exciting.
    I agree.
    Last edited by guii; 03-24-2008 at 10:01 PM.
    I'll miss Alamela.

replace nigel!!! but i know tyra wouldnt do that since he is her right hand. and she doesnt want people to oppose her
    trust in God,have faith
    FANTASTIC KATALYST/KATWALKER
    "KATAlyzing the KATwalk"
    Kataclauremeenya

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by guii;2853431;
    I agree. Cycle 8 was a disaster: ugly unmodelesque bad girls (worst group), terrible photoshots (worst photoshots), and the most boring to watch. nothing so much fun, expect Renee trying to be a bitch and Natasha's moments.

I don't think Cycle 3 was when the show went downhill, it's the same with cycle 9, great group, great cycle but bad winner. and to watch was one of the funniest ones. My favorite after cycle 5!

I disagree. Toccara was eliminated because bad photos and she did bad in the judging test too. I don't know why people think it was unfair.

I think the list was ALL FAIR. Excluding in the final 3: should be Eva in third, Amanda in second and Yaya winning.
    Why does everyone hate C8? In terms of models, Samantha, Brittany, Natasha, and Jaslene are pretty much the best post-show workers of any cycle (collectively). The editing was bad, yes, but C9's was worse. In terms of photoshoots, they also had the show's best photoshoot, the swimsuit shoot! Overall, it's one of my favorite cycles.