Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Is ANTM going downhill?

Re: Is ANTM going downhill?

It was during Cycle 9. But this cycle's girls and photoshoots and overall saved it. Mabye its New York?
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Shelton;2854306;
    I actually thought she [Heather] was one of the best models, and not just because I loved her. I thought Jenah's rock climbing, plant, dragon, burning car and covergirl are getting undeserved praise. This coming from a guy who really liked Jenah, about equally as much as Heather. Chantal was not only stupid, but more overrated than Jenah. Her rock climbing was awesome, but everything else was just mediocre for me. She didn't even have a high fashion look. Granted, she beats mushroom any day, but still didn't deserve all the praise she got from the ANTM loving community.
    Although I don't agree with your comments on Jenah, then again I am biased!!!LOL!!! But I agree with you on Chantal she was very overated inside the FORT community, I loved her personality and her photos were OK but aside from that...I don't really know how she got that far!!!

This Cycle I personally think Katarzyna is getting WAY too much praise in the FORT community for doing very little!!! You rarely see her in the house, or that much in challenges (aside from the Tuleh runway show), her photos haven't been the best, so tell me why Tyra is keeping her around this long apart from potential (which usually is the reason for keeping the disaster contestants in a bit longer, eg. Jaeda!!!)

Each Cycle has its downfall somewhere!!!
    Cycle 1 - When Shannon refused to do the nude shoot, as she along with Elyse were the favourites to win, also when Elyse was eliminated!!!
    Cycle 2 - Not that many but to be picky... Catie (Ugh!!!)
    Cycle 3 - The sparing of Ann and the Ann/Eva collaboration - as Tocarra put it, "Ann and Eva... that was just gay!!!"
    Cycle 4 - Thr Tyra rampage, good TV but it took away from the modelling aspect of the show!!!
    Cycle 5 - The changing of judges and a little boring!!!
    Cycle 6 - Jade!!! Nigel really started to irritate me in this Cycle and I don't know why???
    Cycle 7 - Not so many great girls, the sparing of Jaeda, the eliminations of Brooke and AJ, and the changing of the bitch of the house so obviously from Monique to Melrose... editing is a powerful tool!!!
    Cycle 8 - Boring girls except for the Top 6 as they made it more intersting in their own way!!!
    Cycle 9 - Saleisha (DUH?? You saw that one coming), some stupid eliminations, bad critiques to make Tootie look superior and Jenah's no reason elimination???
    Cycle 10 - Dominique (Ugh!!!), the homeless photoshoot but apart from that I am loving it!!!
    Last edited by phily693; 03-22-2008 at 08:34 PM.

Cycle 1- Shannon was robbed! Adrianne is so trashy! She was like that . You knew they weren't gonna pick Elyse since not that many people would be able to relate too her.

Cycle 2- They had some of the best photoshoots in terms of high fashion. I really liked Yoanna because she had such a great face!

Cycle 3- Yaya was robbed. Eva's pictures were never as good and her walk was never as good as Yaya's either. Amanda should've come in 2nd. If anything Ann the Man should've been eliminated earlier in the competition! She never took one good shot in my opinion.

Cycle 4- I was a big Naima fan but she has turned out to be booooring! Where is she? If Kahlen would've won then maybe she might have kept modeling. Who knows?

Cycle 5- Nicole was okay. Bre was the worst part of that cycle! She overstayed her welcome. She was always mediocre in my opinion. She should have been sent home over that whole granola bar incident. I was pissed that they put all the other girls in the middle for the Bollywood shoot except for Jayla. You knew then she was going to be eliminated.

Cycle 6- The Final 2 should've been Joanie and Jade. Furonda stayed too long.

Cycle 7- During the show I hated Melrose but she probably would've done more with her title than Caridee. I didn't like how Tyra kept Jaeda over Anchal and AJ! Jaeda sucked soo much I cheered when she got eliminated.

Cycle 8- Jaslene soo deserved it! I only wish that Natasha went on for a different cycle because I love her too! Dionne stayed way too long! She was funny but I hate how they keep girls that you know can never really be models!

Cycle 9- The girls they had on the show had the most model potential but they threw most of them out for the shroom. I'm still really bitter about this cycle! I can't even watch the re-runs without getting pissed!

Cycle 10- Domanique (Leona Lewis! lol. She looks just like her!) needs to leave! I can put a price on all of that...$2. Stacy Ann is so boring! I don't see what people see in her. She looks like a prettier Ambreal.

I just wish they would eliminate the Dionne's, Jennipher's, Ambreals, Bre's, and Jaeda's of the cycles earlier. They are never really gonna make it in the business and are taking the place of girls who can make it.
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by labrowneyes;2862223;
    Cycle 1- Shannon was robbed! Adrianne is so trashy! She was like that . You knew they weren't gonna pick Elyse since not that many people would be able to relate too her.

Cycle 2- They had some of the best photoshoots in terms of high fashion. I really liked Yoanna because she had such a great face!

Cycle 3- Yaya was robbed. Eva's pictures were never as good and her walk was never as good as Yaya's either. Amanda should've come in 2nd. If anything Ann the Man should've been eliminated earlier in the competition! She never took one good shot in my opinion.

Cycle 4- I was a big Naima fan but she has turned out to be booooring! Where is she? If Kahlen would've won then maybe she might have kept modeling. Who knows?

Cycle 5- Nicole was okay. Bre was the worst part of that cycle! She overstayed her welcome. She was always mediocre in my opinion. She should have been sent home over that whole granola bar incident. I was pissed that they put all the other girls in the middle for the Bollywood shoot except for Jayla. You knew then she was going to be eliminated.

Cycle 6- The Final 2 should've been Joanie and Jade. Furonda stayed too long.

Cycle 7- During the show I hated Melrose but she probably would've done more with her title than Caridee. I didn't like how Tyra kept Jaeda over Anchal and AJ! Jaeda sucked soo much I cheered when she got eliminated.

Cycle 8- Jaslene soo deserved it! I only wish that Natasha went on for a different cycle because I love her too! Dionne stayed way too long! She was funny but I hate how they keep girls that you know can never really be models!

Cycle 9- The girls they had on the show had the most model potential but they threw most of them out for the shroom. I'm still really bitter about this cycle! I can't even watch the re-runs without getting pissed!

Cycle 10- Domanique (Leona Lewis! lol. She looks just like her!) needs to leave! I can put a price on all of that...$2. Stacy Ann is so boring! I don't see what people see in her. She looks like a prettier Ambreal.

I just wish they would eliminate the Dionne's, Jennipher's, Ambreals, Bre's, and Jaeda's of the cycles earlier. They are never really gonna make it in the business and are taking the place of girls who can make it.
    ITA with almost all of it, but I think Danielle was a deserving winner. Jade in the top two instead of Dani would kill me. And I think Eva was an okay winner, not my favorite, because I think Amanda should have won with Nicole being the runner up (although most people think she was boring, her pictures were stunning). And I think Renee and Natasha should have been the final two. And I like Adrianne

ANTM was going downhill until this cycle, which is really really picking up. The cycles started out rough but hit gold during Cycle 3, crashed a little in Cycle 4, picked up for 5 and 6. Cycle 7 had fantastic girls, but the wrong one won. Cycle 8 was trash except for Renee. Cycle 9 had probably the most potential but an absolutely horrid winner. Cycle 10 has great potential and so far had good eliminations and photoshoots, so I hope the streak will continue.
    antm10.ANYA.FATIMA.katarzyna

Cycle 3 probably had the most unmodelesque girls but had great photoshoots, challenges & etc.

ANTM is going uphill now I think.

Cycle 9 had an amazing number of potential winners, like this cycle. Except they had the wrong winner.

To me Cycles 2, 6, 7, 9, 10 had the best contestants.
    Question: What did you do in your downtime?
    Anya: We made up Couture Twister and Model-opoly! Katarzyna made it up.
    : Awwwwww!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JoaTher;2862736;
    ANTM is going uphill now I think.

Cycle 9 had an amazing number of potential winners, like this cycle. Except they had the wrong winner.

To me Cycles 2, 6, 7, 9, 10 had the best contestants.
    I think this cycle, cycle 10 is going uphill. Maybe antm back yo new york really got a change, in a positive way.

The qualty of the contestants this cycle is better than cycle 5,6,7,8,9.

This show is about the modelling, not the drama. So it doesn't really matter to me.

Dax

This season I feel ANTM cares more about development of the models which for me is a plus. Choosing not the best shot of the girls to emphasize a mistake is positive for the girls. The eliminations have been right and they haven't been biased by personality.